Pektron Steering Module

Pektron Steering Module

Author
Discussion

nwarner

Original Poster:

524 posts

198 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Hi

Does anyone know of a source of one of these or a work around so I can use the Wedge? I was having starting issues and traced the fault to the steering module and as I couldn't find a replacement anywhere I sent it off to be repaired but unfortunately it was lost in the post so now I can't start it at all :-(

Nige




batman400

1,467 posts

142 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
There's not much to it so you could make one, 3 diodes and a resistor

linky

I'm sure someone will know the resistor value if not I can take mine apart and check !

phillpot

14,644 posts

121 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Is this the same thing? ...... Red Pektron Relay


mrzigazaga

18,194 posts

103 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Lost in the post...wtf...that is BS...This might be of use...
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...

Penelope Stopit

3,761 posts

47 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
It is easy enough to make one, you don't need a casing, use male crimp terminals, 3 x diodes and a resisitor (although I took a good look at the circuit and doubt the resistor is doing anything) see https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

3 x 1N4006 Diodes
1 x 2.7 Ohms Fusible Resistor



I named it a Plektron by mistake
Advertisement

nwarner

Original Poster:

524 posts

198 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
phillpot said:
Is this the same thing? ...... Red Pektron Relay

Yes that's the one. I've been on to them, last October, but they haven't got any though they have said they will let me know if they do get any in.

Thanks

Nige

nwarner

Original Poster:

524 posts

198 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Penelope Stopit said:
It is easy enough to make one, you don't need a casing, use male crimp terminals, 3 x diodes and a resisitor (although I took a good look at the circuit and doubt the resistor is doing anything) see https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

3 x 1N4006 Diodes
1 x 2.7 Ohms Fusible Resistor



I named it a Plektron by mistake
Thanks, that's great. I'll give it a go.

Nige

KKson

2,729 posts

63 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Nige, I've got a couple of spares. Private message me your address and I'll post one over tomorrow. Cheers.

superwedge

1,250 posts

86 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
hi, I been having trouble starting as well,the pump would buzz for a few seconds when I turn the key to start, but that has stop and it takes some turning over before it does, so this may be the cause then, if you got one spare kkson, I buy it off you if up for selling it cheers,

mrzigazaga

18,194 posts

103 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Hi matey

How old is the fuel pump?

KKson

2,729 posts

63 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
superwedge said:
hi, I been having trouble starting as well,the pump would buzz for a few seconds when I turn the key to start, but that has stop and it takes some turning over before it does, so this may be the cause then, if you got one spare kkson, I buy it off you if up for selling it cheers,
Hi sorry but I've two spare but not happy to loose both of them just in case one of mine dies.

superwedge

1,250 posts

86 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
hi, I can understand kkson,thanks any way, it a new pump zig, this would the best to go I think just change that red mother sucker wink

KKson

2,729 posts

63 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
Gents, there's one on eBay right now for less than a tenner. Suggest one of you snaps it up.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R24-Genuine-Pektron-2-p...tongue outf:0

Penelope Stopit

3,761 posts

47 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
KKson said:
Gents, there's one on eBay right now for less than a tenner. Suggest one of you snaps it up.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R24-Genuine-Pektron-2-p...tongue outf:0
Good spot KK, unfortunately the case shows signs of overheating and there are missing terminals




Penelope Stopit

3,761 posts

47 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
nwarner said:
Penelope Stopit said:
It is easy enough to make one, you don't need a casing, use male crimp terminals, 3 x diodes and a resisitor (although I took a good look at the circuit and doubt the resistor is doing anything) see https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

3 x 1N4006 Diodes
1 x 2.7 Ohms Fusible Resistor



I named it a Plektron by mistake
Thanks, that's great. I'll give it a go.

Nige
Good on you, you could always run fly leads and cover the diodes and resistor (if you use one) with epoxy to keep them all together nice and solid, you could use an old spare relay casing and carefully pack the diodes into it before filling it with epoxy

You could make 20 of them and sell them here

Steve_D

12,062 posts

196 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
Penelope Stopit said:
.........You could make 20 of them and sell them here
Or sell them to the Jag guys in the states...saw one listed at $235

Steve

KKson

2,729 posts

63 months

Friday 18th January
quotequote all
Just as a follow on to this, I did call Pektron, who are still trading. They have no spares and no longer produce anything similar. Their old stock was all sold to a car specialist a few years back. Wonder if that was Rimmers?

One of the engineers at our company makes up electrical circuits for our control panels. I might ask to see if he can produce a few on the cheap.

superwedge

1,250 posts

86 months

Tuesday 22nd January
quotequote all
so kkson, what was wrong with your car not starting then,i think this reley is whats wrong with my one,the is not priming for the first few seconds before firing, can't work why these are not still being made?

adam quantrill

10,645 posts

180 months

Tuesday 22nd January
quotequote all
Do you mean you turn it over from cold and it doesn't start for about 10 seconds?

But if you turn it over for 3 seconds, leave it for 5 seconds, then turn over again, it fires immediately?

KKson

2,729 posts

63 months

Tuesday 22nd January
quotequote all
superwedge said:
so kkson, what was wrong with your car not starting then,i think this reley is whats wrong with my one,the is not priming for the first few seconds before firing, can't work why these are not still being made?
Nothing wrong with my two Wedges? Apart from the blowing manifold gasket on the 390SE - Saturdays job.