shows and events in south wales

shows and events in south wales

Author
Discussion

effkay

735 posts

160 months

Friday 14th December 2012
quotequote all
Just booked my ticket for the track day at Llandow on December 29th. Anyone else coming?

joncon

Original Poster:

1,441 posts

194 months

Saturday 19th January 2013
quotequote all
Thursday August 15th will be Newtown Motors Cwmbran Motorsport Evening.
more details nearer the time,
put the date in your diaries .

jimbob82

690 posts

105 months

Monday 18th February 2013
quotequote all
33rd Vintage & Specialist Car Rally

Sunday 15th September 2013
Tredegar House & Park, Newport.

just booked my car in so I HAVE to get it finished by then smile over 3 years so far, still haven't even got it running yet lol

LuS1fer

38,291 posts

216 months

Monday 4th March 2013
quotequote all
I saw a beautiful old navy blue and cream double decker bus in caerphilly on the weeekend but could find no infomation about any shows etc. I suppose they have to take them for the odd run to keep them in fettle but it's a shame they don't have more chows for buses and coaches.

S3Peter

78 posts

153 months

Saturday 9th March 2013
quotequote all

ae111sr

129 posts

194 months

Sunday 10th March 2013
quotequote all
LuS1fer said:
I saw a beautiful old navy blue and cream double decker bus in caerphilly on the weeekend but could find no infomation about any shows etc. I suppose they have to take them for the odd run to keep them in fettle but it's a shame they don't have more chows for buses and coaches.
There should be a few at Coleford festival of Transport on Easter Monday. If you want to exhibit a vehicle the closing date is 12th March.

DHE

4,238 posts

161 months

Sunday 10th March 2013
quotequote all
At the National Botanical Gardens near Carmarthen, Sunday March 17: The Rover 75 & MGZT Owners Club National Meet.

huwdm

631 posts

152 months

Sunday 31st March 2013
quotequote all
British Truck Racing Championship including Caterhams and the Welsh Sports and Saloon Car Championship, 6th and 7th April at Pembrey, http://www.barc.net/file_download/190/Copy+of+HQ+1...

DHE

4,238 posts

161 months

Sunday 31st March 2013
quotequote all
Is your car ready Huw?

huwdm

631 posts

152 months

Sunday 31st March 2013
quotequote all
Almost! Fingers crossed, testing Friday

huwdm

631 posts

152 months

Monday 8th April 2013
quotequote all
25th and 26th May is the Motorsport Festival at Pembrey. Last year had a really good mix of cars and showcases including F1, F3, Rally, Welsh Sports and Saloons, Drifting, Karts, Bikes, R/C etc. Allows everyone to get up close with the cars and drivers.

5TUE

740 posts

143 months

Monday 8th April 2013
quotequote all
Huw, how did you get on in your first outing in the Type Arrggggh?

huwdm

631 posts

152 months

Tuesday 9th April 2013
quotequote all
5TUE said:
Huw, how did you get on in your first outing in the Type Arrggggh?
New car was great. A lot more work for me to do in this one with six gears and high revs that appear very quickly. Very promosing so far including a 2nd in class.

5TUE

740 posts

143 months

Tuesday 9th April 2013
quotequote all
Well done. Let us know when your next race is and I'll try and get down to it.

Georgeous129

1,098 posts

122 months

Tuesday 9th April 2013
quotequote all
huwdm said:
25th and 26th May is the Motorsport Festival at Pembrey. Last year had a really good mix of cars and showcases including F1, F3, Rally, Welsh Sports and Saloons, Drifting, Karts, Bikes, R/C etc. Allows everyone to get up close with the cars and drivers.
Do any buses go past Pembrey from Swansea? I'm seriously considering this if the bus stop isn't too far from the entrance

huwdm

631 posts

152 months

Tuesday 9th April 2013
quotequote all
Georgeous129 said:
Do any buses go past Pembrey from Swansea? I'm seriously considering this if the bus stop isn't too far from the entrance
Not sure about buses to Pembrey, plenty to Llanelli. Maybe some kind pher will give you a lift. I would offer but my car only has one seat!

DHE

4,238 posts

161 months

Tuesday 9th April 2013
quotequote all
huwdm said:
New car was great. A lot more work for me to do in this one with six gears and high revs that appear very quickly. Very promosing so far including a 2nd in class.
Nice one Huw.

Regarding buses, doesn't appear to be a Sunday service unfortunatley.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_west_wales/j...

jimbob82

690 posts

105 months

Tuesday 9th April 2013
quotequote all
Georgeous129 said:
Do any buses go past Pembrey from Swansea? I'm seriously considering this if the bus stop isn't too far from the entrance
I think there's a bus service that runs past it but I don't think it stops.

Either way, if I'm going I could give you a lift, would have to pass swansea anyway smile

Georgeous129

1,098 posts

122 months

Thursday 11th April 2013
quotequote all
Ok thanks everyone. I'm also going to the Singleton Classic Car Show (May 6th I believe?) and I know it's not South Wales but also the Bristol Italian Car Day

jimbob82

690 posts

105 months

Saturday 20th April 2013
quotequote all
heard on the radio yesterday that there's a big drifting event at pembrey on 9th june smile