PHEA Calendar 2018

Author
Discussion

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

6,968 posts

158 months

Monday 14th May
quotequote all
Hello everyone!

First, please accept my sincerest apology for the very belated timing of this posting paperbag
Finally, here we have it: The PHEA Calendar 2018bounce

There has already been a fair bit happening so far this year, but we have plenty more Events planned for which I hope you can join us during the rest of the year thumbup

The PHEA firm favourite Events have been joined by a couple of new ones, so I hope there is something for everyone smile
You'll notice there is the odd "TBC" Event and Date, which will be filled in once everything is confirmed.

FULL DETAILS for each Event will be posted in good time before that Event is due to occur.

As well as posting information in the East Anglian PistonHeads Forum, I will be continuing to send out my Mailing List emails and posting the Events on our Facebook Page, too.
If there is something you like the look of now, then you can of course let me know by posting in this thread or by contacting me via my profile, email or the Facebook Page.

Facebook Note:
If you prefer to sign up to an Event on our Facebook Page, I would please ask you to post a comment on that Event's Page or Message Me to confirm you'd like to attend that Event with us.
Some people like to post across the different platforms, which is absolutely fine.
If you only click the button to say you are "Going" or "Interested", I am sorry to say I cannot include you in my attendee list until you have contacted me or posted on the Event Page.
This makes planning the Events much easier! Thank you.

Mailing List Note:
From time to time, I have a few emails automatically returned to me.
We like our Event Notifications to get as many of you as possible, so please let me know if you think you should be getting the emails but are not.
If you wish to be added to the PHEA Mailing List, or have an amendment to your address, please let me know.
Also please make sure I'm not heading for your Spam folder smile

This may be the current 2018 Calendar of Events, but if you know of anything which may be of interest to PHEA Members, please don't hesitate to contact me biggrin


February 4th RUN Winter Norfolk Run
March 18th RUN Early Spring Run
March 20th TRACK Spring Track Day - NEW!
March 24th MEET Rolling Road Day
April 7th MEET Stratton Motor Company Open Day - NEW!
April 17th MEET Social Summer Meet (SSM)
April 22nd RUN Fish'n'Chip Run
April 28th MEET LowiePete's Spring Detailing Meet
April 29th VISIT AS Motorsport Visit
May 6th SHOW Earsham Hall Show - NEW!
June 10th SHOW Sheringham Car Show
June 17th SHOW Cars on the Green
June 21st MEET SSM
June 24th RUN Summer Run
July 8th SHOW Kimbolton Car Show
July 16th TRACK PHEA Snetterton Track Event
July 29th RUN Breakfast Run
August 5th SHOW Helmingham Hall
August 19th SHOW Stonham Barns Classic Car Show - NEW!
August 26th SHOW Lavenham Rare Breeds
August 30th MEET SSM
September 2nd SHOW Classic & Sportscars by the Lake
September 16th SHOW Petrol & Pistons
September 23rd SHOW Warren Classic - NEW!
October TBC RUN End of Summer Run
November TBC VISIT TBC
December TBC MEET Christmas Nosh



While all vehicles are welcome to Meets, Visits & Runs, I am often asked by PHEA members if their car is "suitable" for a Show.

PistonHeads East Anglia is all about the variety of cars and their owners. Anything fast, rare, expensive, classic or unusual is always welcome.
If you are unsure, I would simply ask yourself if you would be happy to see your car as a paying member of the public smile
If you are still unsure, I can always check with the Show organiser thumbup

I think that about covers it for now.
I'll update the "TBC" entries as and when I have the confirmation smile

I hope to see you all at one of our Events during the year.

Darren

Edited by iluvmercs on Wednesday 18th July 00:51

Simpo Two

69,204 posts

196 months

Monday 14th May
quotequote all
Great job Darren, loads of events and lots of variety to please everyone. Take a pay rise!

Wicker Man

711 posts

174 months

Tuesday 15th May
quotequote all
Well done Darren, looks good!
Where do we sign up for the PHEA Trackday, and wIll it be a Group booking again?

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

6,968 posts

158 months

Tuesday 15th May
quotequote all
Hi Steve,

Thanks. It will be a group booking again. I'll be posting all information in good time when you can sign up, but the date is firm for the diary biggrin

Darren

Red Devil

10,706 posts

139 months

Wednesday 23rd May
quotequote all
Simpo Two said:
Great job Darren, loads of events and lots of variety to please everyone.
+ 1

Except for the fact that I can't make the Summer Run in June, the Breakfast Run in July, or the Cars by the Lake in September.
All of them clash with other existing commitments. cry

I'll bet with my luck, when he picks a date for the End of Summer Run in October, that will as well. rolleyes

Simpo Two said:
Take a pay rise! P45!
FTFY. wink
Advertisement

Simpo Two

69,204 posts

196 months

Wednesday 23rd May
quotequote all
Red Devil said:
Except for the fact that I can't make the Summer Run in June, the Breakfast Run in July, or the Cars by the Lake in September.
All of them clash with other existing commitments. cry
Sooo... what you're saying is 'I didn't want to go badly enough' hehe

nerodino

31 posts

136 months

Thursday 24th May
quotequote all
Hi Darren
I would like to attend cars on the green with you ( I have already bought a ticket so could join you as a plus one)
Also I am keen to attend Helmingham Hall
Regards
Graham
(Yellow 308)

nerodino

31 posts

136 months

Thursday 24th May
quotequote all
Oh and I forgot
Cars by the lake also please?

Red Devil

10,706 posts

139 months

Friday 25th May
quotequote all
Simpo Two said:
Red Devil said:
Except for the fact that I can't make the Summer Run in June, the Breakfast Run in July, or the Cars by the Lake in September.
All of them clash with other existing commitments. cry
Sooo... what you're saying is 'I didn't want to go badly enough' hehe
If only...whistle

Had Darren been able to post the calendar a couple of weeks earlier it would have been different.
If it were just me who would be affected if I changed my mind it wouldn't be an issue.
My piggy bank could have survived the hit.

But that isn't the case, and I'm a Robert Frost kinda guy. smile
C'est la vie.

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

6,968 posts

158 months

Monday 28th May
quotequote all
nerodino said:
Oh and I forgot
Cars by the lake also please?
All noted, Graham smile

I already had you down for Cars on the Green from an email you sent earlier in the year so not to worry, you're already there winkthumbup

Darren

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

6,968 posts

158 months

Monday 28th May
quotequote all
Red Devil said:
Simpo Two said:
Red Devil said:
Except for the fact that I can't make the Summer Run in June, the Breakfast Run in July, or the Cars by the Lake in September.
All of them clash with other existing commitments. cry
Sooo... what you're saying is 'I didn't want to go badly enough' hehe
If only...whistle

Had Darren been able to post the calendar a couple of weeks earlier it would have been different.
If it were just me who would be affected if I changed my mind it wouldn't be an issue.
My piggy bank could have survived the hit.

But that isn't the case, and I'm a Robert Frost kinda guy. smile
C'est la vie.
That's simply no excuse not to join us. Surely PHEA takes priority over anything and everything hehetongue out

No doubt see you again soon, though drivingbiggrin

Darren

ziontrain

170 posts

52 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
iluvmercs said:
There isn't an MSV organised track session evening this month, only by other TDOs, so the next one is 12th June smile

Darren
Darren, is the SSM on tomorrow? Your calendar suggests the 21st but that's a Thursday?

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

6,968 posts

158 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
ziontrain said:
iluvmercs said:
There isn't an MSV organised track session evening this month, only by other TDOs, so the next one is 12th June smile

Darren
Darren, is the SSM on tomorrow? Your calendar suggests the 21st but that's a Thursday?
Whoops! Major typo there paperbag
Thursday 21st June is the next SSM smile

Apologies for the confusion.
Hopefully see on the 21st.

Darren

Dilloway62

1 posts

1 month

Friday 29th June
quotequote all
Good evening everyone from Frejus in the south of France, we are here with our Exige 260S which, not withstanding the heat has travelled well the 965 miles thus far from Lowestoft, it has however suffered in the heat, and we had gravely underestimated the issues within the boot and cabin before departing on the evening of the 20th, therefore upon our return we will be saying a fond farewell to our pocket rocket and going in search of a Cayman as the next trip to Amalfi in Italy will be a bribe to far for the Lotus,
We look forward to participating in future PH events and will keep an eye on the calendar to ensure we can meet up with fellow petrol heads when able

Best Regards

Steve & Tracey cool