PHEA Roadshow: Sheringham Car & Bike Show - Sunday 10th June

PHEA Roadshow: Sheringham Car & Bike Show - Sunday 10th June

Author
Discussion

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Monday 28th May
quotequote all
Good afternoon everyone,

Our second PHEA Roadshow of 2018 is right around the corner and it's a return to something which was a great addition to last year's Event Calendar.
So we're returning to the Sheringham Classic & Bike Show, which this year is on Sunday 10th Junethumbup

Details
The Sheringham Classic & Bike Show is lovely local show set in the gorgeous sea-side town of Sheringham in North Norfolk.
In recent years, the show has grown into a huge event with all manner of classic & sports cars, bikes and military vehicles attending. Last year proved a wonderful surprise as to just how munch there was to see!
A little more information, can be found on Their Webpage HERE.

Additional to the car show, there is the pretty town itself with all the usual seaside attractions, fun for all the family. Perhaps head for a dip in the sea, if you're feeling brave!

Entry
Entry for this Roadshow is very simple.
The cost is £2 per car payable at the gate, on the day.
All I need from you is your cars Make, Model and Registration. I have also been asked to provide a contact number for the day itself, in case a car needs to be moved. If you don't wish to post this on here, then please PM me smile

Oh, and finally there is no limit to our numbers, so as many of you can come and join us party

Meeting
With no designated Club space, I would like us to meet prior to entry so we can all convoy in and park together.
We shall Meet at Tesco in Sheringham - MAP LINK HERE.

Please Meet at 9:30am for 9:45am departure.
I expect it to be busy, so I am sorry I cannot be sure where in the car park we'll be.
Once all present and correct, we'll convoy in together; it's less a minute away smile

The organisers have requested cars remain in place until 4pm.

With a lovely, simple booking system for this one, all that is left is for you to please add your name to the list below, continuing the numbering as we go smile
Should you wish, you can sign up by Messaging Me or Posting on the Event on the PHEA Facebook Page

1. iluvmercs - E320
2. LowiePete - Renault 5 GT Turbo
3. Daniel Nelson - Cerbera
4.
5.
6..........


I hope to see you there for another lovely day by the seaside!

Darren

Edited by Simpo Two on Monday 28th May 13:43


Edited by iluvmercs on Monday 28th May 15:49

Simpo Two

69,833 posts

199 months

Monday 28th May
quotequote all
Edited so it's a roadshow, not a roadster!

(When PHEA makes its own Roadster let us know smile )

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Monday 28th May
quotequote all
laugh

Whoops! Thanks Simpo.

All I need is a tin opener....we'll make a roadster of the RS4 biggrin

Darren

JKING

672 posts

96 months

Monday 28th May
quotequote all
1. iluvmercs - E320
2. LowiePete - Renault 5 GT Turbo
3. Daniel Nelson - Cerbera
4. JKING - Ibiza Cupra
5.
6..........

grandadtrumpo

37 posts

56 months

Tuesday 29th May
quotequote all
JKING said:
1. iluvmercs - E320
2. LowiePete - Renault 5 GT Turbo
3. Daniel Nelson - Cerbera
4. JKING - Ibiza Cupra
5.Grandadtrumpo - Lotus Esprit GT3
6..........
Advertisement

blackmme

18 posts

17 months

Thursday 31st May
quotequote all
I will definitely swing by and say Hi (as I had planned to at the Wells meet up earlier this year).
But as I live in West Runton just down the road I think I will leave the car at home!

A couple of words of warning on the Tesco Car Park.

1. In the summer it has a strictly enforced 2hr parking limit.
2. Even at 9:30 on a Sunday in the summertime (before Tesco has opened) it can get busy(ish) by lunchtime expect it to be at 100% capacity.

Regards Mike

JKING

672 posts

96 months

Friday 1st June
quotequote all
1. iluvmercs - E320
2. LowiePete - Renault 5 GT Turbo
3. Daniel Nelson - Cerbera
4.Grandadtrumpo - Lotus Esprit GT3
5..........
6...........

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Wednesday 6th June
quotequote all
Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder the show is THIS Sunday.
If you'd like to join us for a lovely show in a wonderful seaside location, please add your name to this list here or PM smile

Hopefully see you there!

Darren

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Thursday 7th June
quotequote all
List Update:

1. iluvmercs - E320
2. LowiePete - Renault 5 GT Turbo
3. Daniel Nelson - Cerbera
4.Grandadtrumpo - Lotus Esprit GT3
5. Simon Smith - C32 AMG
6. Tom Leany - MX5/C55 AMG (Maybe)
7. Steve Medlen - V8 Vantage (Maybe)
8.........

Darren

Wicker Man

711 posts

177 months

Saturday 9th June
quotequote all
List Update:

1. iluvmercs - E320
2. LowiePete - Renault 5 GT Turbo
3. Daniel Nelson - Cerbera
4.Grandadtrumpo - Lotus Esprit GT3
5. Simon Smith - C32 AMG
6. Tom Leany - MX5/C55 AMG (Maybe)
7. Steve Medlen - V8 Vantage (Confirmed)
8.........


iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Saturday 9th June
quotequote all
blackmme said:
I will definitely swing by and say Hi (as I had planned to at the Wells meet up earlier this year).
But as I live in West Runton just down the road I think I will leave the car at home!

A couple of words of warning on the Tesco Car Park.

1. In the summer it has a strictly enforced 2hr parking limit.
2. Even at 9:30 on a Sunday in the summertime (before Tesco has opened) it can get busy(ish) by lunchtime expect it to be at 100% capacity.

Regards Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the heads up smile
We won't be in the car park too long. Fingers crossed it won't be too bad like last year.

Not sure where we'll be and we won't have the usually banner, but look out for the bunch of cars with PH logos in the windows thumbup

Hopefully see you tomorrow smile

Darren

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Saturday 9th June
quotequote all
Wicker Man said:
List Update:

7. Steve Medlen - V8 Vantage (Confirmed)
Thanks Steve thumbup
See you in the morning.

Darren

blackmme

18 posts

17 months

Saturday 9th June
quotequote all
iluvmercs said:
blackmme said:
I will definitely swing by and say Hi (as I had planned to at the Wells meet up earlier this year).
But as I live in West Runton just down the road I think I will leave the car at home!

A couple of words of warning on the Tesco Car Park.

1. In the summer it has a strictly enforced 2hr parking limit.
2. Even at 9:30 on a Sunday in the summertime (before Tesco has opened) it can get busy(ish) by lunchtime expect it to be at 100% capacity.

Regards Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the heads up smile
We won't be in the car park too long. Fingers crossed it won't be too bad like last year.

Not sure where we'll be and we won't have the usually banner, but look out for the bunch of cars with PH logos in the windows thumbup

Hopefully see you tomorrow smile

Darren
Yep you will, I’ve convinced the missus that kayaking on the broads is for next weekend instead.
There’s been a few interesting cars around already this weekend...

Very much looking forward to it.

Regards Mike

blackmme

18 posts

17 months

Sunday 10th June
quotequote all
Hi Darren, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and the guys earlier and of course ogle some absolutely fantastic machinery (if that bloody XJ6 coupe hadn’t been there then it would have been a dead heat between your E and the Esprit for my personal ‘best in show’)

Thank you for taking the time to say hi and looking forward to seeing you all again.

P.s. Cindy took her jacket off on the way home realising that she had her Lewis Hamilton Mercedes AMG T-Shirt on which would have been rather appropriate given the machinery on show!

Once again we hope you had a great day in our neck of the woods and see you soon!

Regards Mike (and Cindy)


Zed 44

1,025 posts

90 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
Any news on Steve (Lowie Pete), Darren? I hope he is ok now. It was a very unfortunate way for him to end a show.

herbialfa

1,456 posts

136 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
Gutted to have missed this, this year but I had my sons football presentation.

It would have been a great drive from Norwich/ Sheringham/ Norwich in my (new to me) Z4 with the top down!

We need pics as there isn't much on the Sheringham FB page :-(

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
Zed 44 said:
Any news on Steve (Lowie Pete), Darren? I hope he is ok now. It was a very unfortunate way for him to end a show.
Hi Jack,

Sorry to have not spoken with you during the day, although the car looking wonderful as usual.

I heard from his friend yesterday evening who confirmed that unfortunately LowiePete has a fracture. Indeed, a bad way to end a show he had only just begun.
I am certain he will be back with us soon in one of his Renaults, shiny as ever!

Darren

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
blackmme said:
Hi Darren, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and the guys earlier and of course ogle some absolutely fantastic machinery (if that bloody XJ6 coupe hadn’t been there then it would have been a dead heat between your E and the Esprit for my personal ‘best in show’)

Thank you for taking the time to say hi and looking forward to seeing you all again.

P.s. Cindy took her jacket off on the way home realising that she had her Lewis Hamilton Mercedes AMG T-Shirt on which would have been rather appropriate given the machinery on show!

Once again we hope you had a great day in our neck of the woods and see you soon!

Regards Mike (and Cindy)
Hi guys,

It was wonderful to meet you both, too. Thank you coming over to us to introduce yourselves.
I saw the XJ Coupe. Wow! A rare model in fantastic condition!

Cindy obviously has good taste in clothing wink

I hope you guys can make it along to event with us soon. You are more than welcome to join us thumbup

All the best,
Darren

iluvmercs

Original Poster:

7,046 posts

161 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
Afternoon everyone,

I'd like to offer a massive Thank You to everyone who joined for this lovely seaside show.

Despite the cloud, the day was dry and warm, the sun coming out at the end of the day, too.
A lovely usual mix of cars made up our PHEA display, albeit without the usual banner.

It was really great to catch up with everyone.

The only sadness was LowiePete taking an unfortunate fall, resulting in a fracture.
I don't think I'm speaking out of turn by saying we all wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to having him back with us soon!

I took just a handful of snaps for this show. Once uploaded, I'll post a link to them.

I hope to see you all again very soon.

All the best,
Darren

Mrs Muttleysnoop

1,238 posts

118 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
Really sorry to hear about Lowie Pete.

Steve, please get mended really quickly.


With our very best wishes x x.