PistonHeads.com Forum

TVR carpets

Author
Discussion

N8CYL

Original Poster:

387 posts

76 months

Sunday 7th April 2013
quotequote all
http://www.minitrimmings.com/carpets.htm

Hi has anyone any experience of these guys?

They can copy from TVR carpets sent to them, any shape or requirement at a fraction of the costs by other TVR sources. They reckon on about £100 for a full set of bounded Chimaera carpets.


monster hunter

21 posts

59 months

Tuesday 9th April 2013
quotequote all
sorry haven't heard of that company before, but please report back if you end up using them as i will be needing to replace my carpets.
have you seen some of the posts about re-dying the carpets this is something i was thinking about but would prefer to replace them.
MH

julianc

1,954 posts

185 months

Wednesday 10th April 2013
quotequote all
Personally, I prefer to use the services of a highly reputable specialist company to provide and fit high quality carpets that fit perfectly. That's why our Tam is currently at D&C Trim for new carpets - Dave and Chris have done work for me in the past, and I know the result will be spot on.

BluePurpleRed

1,038 posts

152 months

Wednesday 10th April 2013
quotequote all
A few places do the kit at £300 + VAT. After posting that much there to get measured and with potential problems with fit being the first you might want to just go with people that already have the pattern?

I was looking into it for my Tuscan but then the 12k service, MOT and work came along coupled with being seduced by the new 46mm Nitron shock offer at Neil Garner. Woops!

Mine is ok, just faded from grey to a colour that is actually quite nice just looking under the central reservation reminds me how much it has bleached!

Ozmira

1,170 posts

115 months

Friday 12th April 2013
quotequote all
Does anybody just do mats? my drivers mat is in need of replacing and i dont really want to replace all of it.
Advertisement

chris1972

3,588 posts

63 months

Saturday 13th April 2013
quotequote all
There are loads of mats on Ebay that can be ordered in various colour combos. Cheap too, although you may want to check the material used before you order.

Astacus

2,404 posts

160 months

Saturday 13th April 2013
quotequote all
N8CYL said:
http://www.minitrimmings.com/carpets.htm

Hi has anyone any experience of these guys?

They can copy from TVR carpets sent to them, any shape or requirement at a fraction of the costs by other TVR sources. They reckon on about £100 for a full set of bounded Chimaera carpets.
how is that even possible with the cost of the carpet and labour to cut to size and then do the edging properly......


N8CYL

Original Poster:

387 posts

76 months

Saturday 13th April 2013
quotequote all
Astacus said:
how is that even possible with the cost of the carpet and labour to cut to size and then do the edging properly......
I know, but I've seen the carpet and its fine, it's almost worth the gamble.

chris1972

3,588 posts

63 months

Saturday 13th April 2013
quotequote all
It is handy that you have a 97 model. Once you send your in, they'll have the template! I would be really interested to hear what they are like if you're going to do it. What type of material do they use?

Tarmacshredder

134 posts

56 months

Saturday 15th June 2013
quotequote all
Has anyone used minitrimmings.com yet?

N8CYL

Original Poster:

387 posts

76 months

Sunday 16th June 2013
quotequote all
Tarmacshredder said:
Has anyone used minitrimmings.com yet?
Not yet but going to once I stop driving for the summer, for the price its worth a punt. If you do it let me know hoe you get on.

m4tti

3,678 posts

81 months

Sunday 16th June 2013
quotequote all
N8CYL said:
http://www.minitrimmings.com/carpets.htm

Hi has anyone any experience of these guys?

They can copy from TVR carpets sent to them, any shape or requirement at a fraction of the costs by other TVR sources. They reckon on about £100 for a full set of bounded Chimaera carpets.
Can you even buy enough square metres of quality wool carpet for £100... Before you even start applying labour to cut it. Have they said what the carpet will be manufactured from.

V8 GRF

7,276 posts

136 months

Sunday 16th June 2013
quotequote all
Ozmira said:
Does anybody just do mats? my drivers mat is in need of replacing and i don't really want to replace all of it.
Most of the TVR trimmers do mats. D&C Trim & The Trim Technician being just two, I've seen some of the online mats and the word 'cheap' doesn't adequately describe how poor they are.

ChimpOnGas

7,667 posts

105 months

Sunday 16th June 2013
quotequote all
m4tti said:
N8CYL said:
http://www.minitrimmings.com/carpets.htm

Hi has anyone any experience of these guys?

They can copy from TVR carpets sent to them, any shape or requirement at a fraction of the costs by other TVR sources. They reckon on about £100 for a full set of bounded Chimaera carpets.
Can you even buy enough square metres of quality wool carpet for £100... Before you even start applying labour to cut it. Have they said what the carpet will be manufactured from.
+1, £100 is a joke, way too cheap!

In life you get what you pay for.

Do they work for free & sell the materials below cost?

I doubt it, what you'll undoubtedly get is an inferior job using poor quality materials.

Within a year you'll be ripping them out & doing the job all over again.

If you gave the car to a proffesional trimmer you should expect him to need the car for two days.

A morning to remove the seats, hard trim & rip out the old carpets.

An afternoon to make up the new carpet panels & bind the edges.

The following morning to fit, with the afternoon refitting the hard trim & seats.

Quality carpet, adhesives, bindings ect should all be in the region of £200.

So how they do a decent carpet set for £100 is beyond me?

If you pay a proffesional trimmer I'd say anything from £600 - £800 all in would be fair, and well worth the money.

If you want good quality carpet I can recommend Martrim.

Their Wilton Capet is excellent quality & very good value for what you get.

http://www.martrim.co.uk/catalogue/wool-wilton-car...


Edited by ChimpOnGas on Sunday 16th June 13:15

Mr Tank

5,718 posts

201 months

Sunday 16th June 2013
quotequote all
ChimpOnGas said:
m4tti said:
N8CYL said:
http://www.minitrimmings.com/carpets.htm

Hi has anyone any experience of these guys?

They can copy from TVR carpets sent to them, any shape or requirement at a fraction of the costs by other TVR sources. They reckon on about £100 for a full set of bounded Chimaera carpets.
Can you even buy enough square metres of quality wool carpet for £100... Before you even start applying labour to cut it. Have they said what the carpet will be manufactured from.
+1, £100 is a joke, way too cheap!

In life you get what you pay for.

Do they work for free & sell the materials below cost?

I doubt it, what you'll undoubtedly get is an inferior job using poor quality materials.

Within a year you'll be ripping them out & doing the job all over again.

If you gave the car to a proffesional trimmer you should expect him to need the car for two days.

A morning to remove the seats, hard trim & rip out the old carpets.

An afternoon to make up the new carpet panels & bind the edges.

The following morning to fit, with the afternoon refitting the hard trim & seats.

Quality carpet, adhesives, bindings ect should all be in the region of £200.

So how they do a decent carpet set for £100 is beyond me?

If you pay a proffesional trimmer I'd say anything from £600 - £800 all in would be fair, and well worth the money.

If you want good quality carpet I can recommend Martrim.

Their Wilton Capet is excellent quality & very good value for what you get.

http://www.martrim.co.uk/catalogue/wool-wilton-car...


Edited by ChimpOnGas on Sunday 16th June 13:15
Hi Dave

At times I disagree with you but not in this case!

You get what you pay for in this world.

I would also recomend D&C Trim to do the work, as nobody knows TVR interiors and Hoods better than them!

Andy

will 2

6 posts

159 months

Sunday 3rd January 2016
quotequote all
yes don't bother

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

21,029 posts

161 months

Sunday 3rd January 2016
quotequote all
will 2 said:
yes don't bother
Top lurking! 2 x posts in 11 years, this one to a two year old thread thumbup

hehe

HarryW

14,507 posts

195 months

Sunday 3rd January 2016
quotequote all
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
will 2 said:
yes don't bother
Top lurking! 2 x posts in 11 years, this one to a two year old thread thumbup

hehe
hehe and the fact you can remember your password after all that time is even more impressive.

Andrew Gray

4,636 posts

75 months

Sunday 3rd January 2016
quotequote all
You really get what you pay for a its a job that done right transforms a car and gives it a good as new if not better.
Done badly its a mess nothing more
Regards over mats and Carpets from experience Lee at Trim Unique does amazing work and his over mats are beautifully made
Andrew

Incognegro

1,415 posts

59 months

Sunday 3rd January 2016
quotequote all
I'm certainly a believer in that but having Autostyle just around the corner from me I went in to see them and I was very impressed in the quality and great manner of the owner and all staff. Peter a Dutchman was very knowledgable and these guys are massively experienced.

With my own logo and solid metal heel plate, Velcro strip back as per originals. Infinite colour combos and choice.



http://www.autostyle.co.uk/catalog/index.php

Let Peter know (Silver Cerbera recommended them very highly)