Body modifications, love 'em, or hate 'em, post yours here!

Body modifications, love 'em, or hate 'em, post yours here!

Author
Discussion

Thunderroad

Original Poster:

186 posts

59 months

Saturday 1st April 2017
quotequote all
I thought i would start this off so we could get some pictures of any 'body mods' all in one place for people to see.
I know there are a lot of purists out there that think that the original is the best and should not be messed with, and thats good! But there are also a few people out there that like to tinker and make their cars their own. Which is also good! So i thought this might be a usefull topic either way.

This is mine, not sure where the grill came from as it was on there when i bought it a few years back, it looks like a bespoke item.







Edited by Thunderroad on Sunday 2nd April 12:09

Mr Cerbera

4,215 posts

167 months

Saturday 1st April 2017
quotequote all
Absolutely Lurve yours, Simon thumbup

Here are a few that have caught my attention....













...and the Daddy of 'em all...


Outl4w

697 posts

84 months

Saturday 1st April 2017
quotequote all
I'm a fan of subtle mods. I love the Cerb and certainly think it can be made a little meaner looking.

Someone on here has a mean looking rear diffuser which I love. Will see if I can find a pic of it.

My Cerb has a front splitter which has been painted the same colour as the car. Will take a pic.

Byff

4,410 posts

198 months

Saturday 1st April 2017
quotequote all
I'd like a rear diffuser and front splitter on mine, it's already smoothed off so a subtle diffuser between the exhausts and cut into the bumper might look quite nice.





Something along the lines of this...



Edited by Byff on Sunday 2nd April 06:00

Byker28i

14,974 posts

154 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Thats an interesting grill on the front of the OP's car. Does it still have the bar across or has that been cut out?

Advertisement

Incognegro

1,498 posts

70 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Some really nice ones. I am currently looking to and a rear diffuser though it will be more cosmetic than function. I wouldn't mind the new Vanquish S type look.

My Mod of Bonnet vents was initially don to aid engine heat release and stop the area from cooking itself, with the angle of the fins I also noticed added front downforce to the extent bonnet not locked down but wont life either wink


Outl4w

697 posts

84 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Buff, really like that diffuser! Struggling to find a pic of it on the car. I think the owner was called Christophe..?

Alastair, love most of your mods but not a fan of those vents. They look too sierra cossy and spoil the flow of the curved bonnet. Not for me, but that's the point of owning and modding a car. As long as the owner likes it!

Where you at with the diffuser?

J

Outl4w

697 posts

84 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Byff said:
I'd like a rear diffuser and front splitter on mine, it's already smoothed off so a subtle diffuser between the exhausts and cut into the bumper might look quite nice.

[pic]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k317/byff/2B9FCD39-C590-4009-93AB-58D1C94EEE43-6125-00000B9F4304D60E_zpse3dab8f8.jpg[/pic



Something along the lines of this...



Edited by Byff on Sunday 2nd April 06:00
Just noticed you have Sag rear lights? Has the extra bumper bulge been shaved too?

I like it....


Edited by Outl4w on Monday 3rd April 09:07

Thunderroad

Original Poster:

186 posts

59 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
Thats an interesting grill on the front of the OP's car. Does it still have the bar across or has that been cut out?
Hi Dave,

My car is a cat'd', i bought it from a guy near Eastbourne, East Sussex. In early 2013. I don't have much history with it but according to the Mot records it was off the road between about 2005 and 2010 which i am assuming is the time it was in a front end shunt and then repaired.

I don't know who repaired it, but it looks like they took this opportunity to also upgrade the front lights to the twin light version. The previous owner did have one picture of this which i have photographed to put on here, as you can see, there is no splitter? And who ever did it did a very professional job. Just wish i knew a bit more about it.


Incognegro

1,498 posts

70 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Outl4w said:
Buff, really like that diffuser! Struggling to find a pic of it on the car. I think the owner was called Christophe..?

Alastair, love most of your mods but not a fan of those vents. They look too sierra cossy and spoil the flow of the curved bonnet. Not for me, but that's the point of owning and modding a car. As long as the owner likes it!

Where you at with the diffuser?

J
Sierra?.. I was hoping for more dbs type look lol

Diffuser still sourcing the one I remember from a couple years ago. Hard to find ATM

Thunderroad

Original Poster:

186 posts

59 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Incognegro said:
Sierra?.. I was hoping for more dbs type look lol

Diffuser still sourcing the one I remember from a couple years ago. Hard to find ATM
I'm sure i have seen that diffuser before, was'nt that (or one like it) used on that lovely blue cerb at the beginning or Mr Cerbera's post!... the guy that did the work on that car also did a brilliant running log of all the work and posted it on here somewhere a few years back.
I thought i had bookmarked it but had'nt.
I can't remember the name of the post? And have tried to search it but no luck!

Mr Cerbera, i don't suppose you have any links to the post that picture was from do you?
(And yes Cerbfest look great, gonna try and get therebeer)

Mr Cerbera

4,215 posts

167 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
.... and Simon's not alone....



Edited by Mr Cerbera on Sunday 2nd April 12:41

Thunderroad

Original Poster:

186 posts

59 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
WOW! A twin!!! I don't suppose you know who owns it do you Paul?

Incognegro

1,498 posts

70 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Thunderroad said:
I'm sure i have seen that diffuser before, was'nt that (or one like it) used on that lovely blue cerb at the beginning or Mr Cerbera's post!... the guy that did the work on that car also did a brilliant running log of all the work and posted it on here somewhere a few years back.
I thought i had bookmarked it but had'nt.
I can't remember the name of the post? And have tried to search it but no luck!

Mr Cerbera, i don't suppose you have any links to the post that picture was from do you?
(And yes Cerbfest look great, gonna try and get therebeer)
Like it. The blue Cerb I was speaking to old owner while he was selling. His was from an Audi. There is a similar mould I may go for but with what I nearly did years ago it doesn't need to do anything to the car just modify the part prior then stick/rivet on. The exhaust openings were perfect sized so just racking my brain.

Nice grille on yours mate, a red ceramic coated rad behind that would look the business imo wink

Mr Cerbera

4,215 posts

167 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Thunderroad said:
WOW! A twin !! I don't suppose you know who owns it do you Paul?
Sorry Mate. I only have it registered as "David"'s car [dated 2005]

Here's a rear shot of the blue one. Can't see any obvious diffuser system (but I am blind)



Saw this at Spa a few years ago - Guillotine should know about it.



and, finally, on the subject - A man who made the bodywork changes really work, Mike Saunders' Cerb




First beer's on me then drinkdrink



Edited by Mr Cerbera on Sunday 2nd April 13:30

robsco

6,479 posts

113 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Each to their own, but there is not a single modification on here that improves the original design one bit, IMHO.

Thekraken

88 posts

37 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Have to say I agree...100%...... change indicators and rear lights to freshen the look.....go nuts on what wheels do it for you.....and that's it externally...it really was an amazing design to begin with.....!!! Leave it alone....you aren't improving it!!! Further ... if it came with single style lights.....leave it!!

But that's just me........

Mr Cerbera

4,215 posts

167 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Exactly, Mr. Mainwaring !

ukkid35

4,618 posts

110 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all
Mr Cerbera said:
.... and Simon's not alone....



Edited by Mr Cerbera on Sunday 2nd April 12:41
Green / Tan / Gold - great colour combination

4.7

113 posts

107 months

Sunday 2nd April 2017
quotequote all