New TVR still under wraps! (Vol. 2)

New TVR still under wraps! (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

Classic Chim

8,973 posts

90 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Gameface said:
That hasn't answered the questions though.

When do you get bored and move on?

I think you've all been very patient already.
Best post in ages, rational even!

Without depositors money riding I’m sure most would have forgotten the car long ago.

V6 Pushfit

10,261 posts

51 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Classic Chim said:
Best post in ages, rational even!

Without depositors money riding I’m sure most would have forgotten the car long ago.
I wonder why Les hasn't done a note even just to say that they're still moving forward. Something like that would make a huge difference - doesn't have to be 'news' as such but just something to let people know its still happening. Very odd.

unrepentant

19,274 posts

197 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
V6 Pushfit said:
Classic Chim said:
Best post in ages, rational even!

Without depositors money riding I’m sure most would have forgotten the car long ago.
I wonder why Les hasn't done a note even just to say that they're still moving forward. Something like that would make a huge difference - doesn't have to be 'news' as such but just something to let people know its still happening. Very odd.
Perhaps because they're not?

N7GTX

3,853 posts

84 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
This is the post from Facebook TVR (the Gordon Murray honour post 9th May) that mentioned the electronics issue.

"I've heard they have a serious issue with a Bosch system they designed the Griff electronics around (after Bosch went and changed it) and they need a complete redesign costing a fortune in more R&D to get the car into any production reality. Fingers crossed it happens."

How true this is, no idea, but could be a reason for a complete lack of comms.

tvrolet

3,471 posts

223 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Gameface said:
Do those with deposits have a line in the sand?

When is enough enough?

How long are you prepared to wait?
December 2018 - asked for, and got my £5K returned.

In terms of comments of deposit holders having money to gamble/burn/risk/squander/whatever - I'd never bought a new 'quality' car in my life, and although I'd had TVRs and Porsches they were always quite a few years old. Currently my daily is a 13 year-old 110,000mile Jeep 5.7, and for nice days I do have a Maserati 4200 - but it's 2004 and worth peanuts too. I've worked for a lot of years and salted a little away over that time to but my 'special' new car at the time I semi-retired; it was my present to me after 40 years of ealy starts, late finishes, and often working away from home and I guessed it would be the last car I'd buy - it was to see me out. And the TVR fitted the bill - I so wanted that car. We're not all millionaires - we were not all just looking to put another toy in the collection. For me this was a real bucket-list adventure - a deposit on a new car, and what a car at that. I am deeply disappointed at that way things have turned out.
Advertisement

Philup

42 posts

85 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
From the Gordon Murray One Formula website:


V6 Pushfit

10,261 posts

51 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Philup said:
From the Gordon Murray One Formula website:

Has the image on the wall banner appeared before?

m4tti

4,360 posts

96 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Interestingly you can’t please all the people all the time!

Looks like the new Mid engined corvette is getting complaints of not looking “exotic” enough..

https://carbuzz.com/news/this-is-the-c8-corvette-w...

steveT350C

5,235 posts

102 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
N7GTX said:
This is the post from Facebook TVR (the Gordon Murray honour post 9th May) that mentioned the electronics issue.

"I've heard they have a serious issue with a Bosch system they designed the Griff electronics around (after Bosch went and changed it) and they need a complete redesign costing a fortune in more R&D to get the car into any production reality. Fingers crossed it happens."

How true this is, no idea, but could be a reason for a complete lack of comms.
I met a TVR owner over the weekend, though he is rarely on here, who says he knows LE and, when I asked about the new car, he said a problem with a major supplier is the issue.


Gazzab

16,976 posts

223 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Surely a supplier (after all this time) is one that is receiving orders, a cash flow etc So how can TVR have suppliers presently? Surely they are all ‘mothballed’ until orders / money flows?

bullittmcqueen

735 posts

32 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
V6 Pushfit said:
Has the image on the wall banner appeared before?
Yes, but it's a bit older.

Guess it's the same model as this one here in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URzSrI-3_PY

bullittmcqueen

735 posts

32 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
m4tti said:
Interestingly you can’t please all the people all the time!

Looks like the new Mid engined corvette is getting complaints of not looking “exotic” enough..

https://carbuzz.com/news/this-is-the-c8-corvette-w...
It's not not exotic enough, it just looks mis-proportioned. Not a Corvette in my book, and i really like the Vettes.

Supraman

6,715 posts

212 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Whatever the issue is, it must be quite serious for there to have been no updates on the car for several months, especially at this late stage of the day, when excitement and PR should be at fever pitch.

I wonder if they are concerned that if they did a press release with any hint of there being a problem, there would be an exodus of people wanting their deposits back.

Staying silent is the only option for the time being.

bullittmcqueen

735 posts

32 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Supraman said:
Whatever the issue is, it must be quite serious for there to have been no updates on the car for several months, especially at this late stage of the day, when excitement and PR should be at fever pitch.

I wonder if they are concerned that if they did a press release with any hint of there being a problem, there would be an exodus of people wanting their deposits back.

Staying silent is the only option for the time being.
Last update was on the 5th of March, so a bit more than 2 month ago. It's always been on some loose quarterly schedule.

But there have been various announcement that have not been followed, that's the part i don't like.



BJWoods

4,873 posts

225 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
unrepentant said:
Perhaps because they're not?
or perhaps deposit holders have asked questions got answers and decided to keep it to themselves......

unrepentant

19,274 posts

197 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
BJWoods said:
unrepentant said:
Perhaps because they're not?
or perhaps deposit holders have asked questions got answers and decided to keep it to themselves......
Yeah that didn’t happen.

Keep on believing Woody. Buzz’ll rescue you eventually.

PGNSagaris

2,079 posts

107 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
BJWoods said:
unrepentant said:
Perhaps because they're not?
or perhaps deposit holders have asked questions got answers and decided to keep it to themselves......
Simply not true. As an ex deposit holder and knowing a friend with a deposit in, there is ZERO news

bullittmcqueen

735 posts

32 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
swisstoni said:
Alpine ?

Like it, great car, great heritage. But the missing manual and small engine weigh in too heavy for me. Also, it's coming in at only 228hp/tonne, which is less than half of what the Griff was marketed to be.

If all else fails, i might reconsider.

dlewis

307 posts

210 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Luckily, inflation has been low single digits for a while now.

Then there is the cost of the second batch with lower spec and £25k more to think about.

swisstoni

7,621 posts

220 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
bullittmcqueen said:
swisstoni said:
Alpine ?

Like it, great car, great heritage. But the missing manual and small engine weigh in too heavy for me. Also, it's coming in at only 228hp/tonne, which is less than half of what the Griff was marketed to be.

If all else fails, i might reconsider.
Nah. Renault.