"Classic Car Rescue" Channel 5 on Mon 24th Sep 20:00

"Classic Car Rescue" Channel 5 on Mon 24th Sep 20:00

Author
Discussion

andyps

7,792 posts

240 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
Time for a serious question - does anyone know about the background to Bernie Fineman? I have read the biog on the Channel 5 website but do wonder what his actual credibility is as a mechanic. What had he done that got him into TV or is it all fabricated for that too? If he really has 50 years experience in the cars it says someone on PH must have come across him in the past.

Crosswise

410 posts

144 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
FailHere said:
I must say that I'm impressed with Channel 5, that despite the heavy moderation, they have left up the comments on their own website saying that the programme is rubbish; perhaps the moderator agrees and has removed complimentary ones (assuming there were many).
I'm amazed to see my comment is still there, it must be only a matter of time before it gets deleted as it's considerably more derogatory than many others that have been removed.

williredale

2,866 posts

110 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
Roy C said:
They cut'n'shut cars and they cut'n'shut the truth, but it's only make-believe TV.

It would be possible to make a decent TV program about classic car restoration, but the research and detail would be very expensive.

And they're only making telly for goldfish after all.
Dig out 'An MG is Born' for a more serious approach to car restoration. Quite different from the lowest common denomintor stuff on C5.


neilcoker

102 posts

123 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
I thought id seen the worst programe ever made when watching Bernie and the yank what tosh, (the rest of the world must think car lovers are all morons) then i saw car strippers what on earth is that all about no one talks like that to people anymore, The tv industries lowest performance ever bar none,,, shame on channel 5

m60ddy

631 posts

170 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
Wish my local scrap yard was as good as theirs. It has stuff for old Jags, Porsche, MG, and what's the bet they have things for the Mustang

AndyLeysh

72 posts

102 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
andyps said:
Time for a serious question - does anyone know about the background to Bernie Fineman? I have read the biog on the Channel 5 website but do wonder what his actual credibility is as a mechanic. What had he done that got him into TV or is it all fabricated for that too? If he really has 50 years experience in the cars it says someone on PH must have come across him in the past.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bernie-fineman/8/2b/9b

'CURRENTLY FILMING AS THE PRESENTER "CLASSIC CAR RESCUE" FOR A MAJOR PRODUCTION 6 PARTS FOR CHANNEL 5 AND BBC1 CANADA AS WELL AS DISCOVERY AMERICA. THESE ARE BEING FILMED IN THE UK AND CANADA AND DUE TO AIR IN SEPTEMBER 3RD 2012.........FIRST SHOW WAS AIRED 4TH SEPTEMBER ON CHANNEL 5 AND EVERY MONDAY FOR 6 WEEKS GOT VERY GOOD REVIEWS'

Priceless... rofl

e21Mark

14,014 posts

131 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
williredale said:
Dig out 'An MG is Born' for a more serious approach to car restoration. Quite different from the lowest common denomintor stuff on C5.
These are a terrific series of programs. Pity they didn't go with this format and ditch these idiot presenters.

Liquid Knight

15,679 posts

141 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
This program needs a disclaimer at the beginning...

disclaimer said:
WARNING! The following program is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way to be considered factual.
Another Bernie death trap.

I always thought Lepu was the sadist.

andyps

7,792 posts

240 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
AndyLeysh said:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bernie-fineman/8/2b/9b

'CURRENTLY FILMING AS THE PRESENTER "CLASSIC CAR RESCUE" FOR A MAJOR PRODUCTION 6 PARTS FOR CHANNEL 5 AND BBC1 CANADA AS WELL AS DISCOVERY AMERICA. THESE ARE BEING FILMED IN THE UK AND CANADA AND DUE TO AIR IN SEPTEMBER 3RD 2012.........FIRST SHOW WAS AIRED 4TH SEPTEMBER ON CHANNEL 5 AND EVERY MONDAY FOR 6 WEEKS GOT VERY GOOD REVIEWS'

Priceless... rofl
Why am I not surprised that he was expelled from school and is proud enough of it to put it on his LinkedIn profile!

Liquid Knight

15,679 posts

141 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
It's a Mustang series 1 next week.

No doubt they'll find one for £500 and a mate up the road will just happen to have all the bits for it. Then a valuer who has not seen any of the "restoration" process will value the car three times market value without seeing an M.O.T or S.V.A certificate.

rolleyes

thegamekeeper

2,282 posts

240 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
andyps said:
Time for a serious question - does anyone know about the background to Bernie Fineman? I have read the biog on the Channel 5 website but do wonder what his actual credibility is as a mechanic. What had he done that got him into TV or is it all fabricated for that too? If he really has 50 years experience in the cars it says someone on PH must have come across him in the past.
He was chatting this morning on Wright Stuff about his past. He said he was encouraged to leave school at 13 and his father made him get a job. He got a job in a garage where on his first day he was charged with cleaning the toilets. The foreman was not satisfied so he hit him in the face with a brush. The foreman was sacked for bullying and Fineman was kept on and given a job in the workshop.

His second amazing claim was that he was the mechanic for the Kray Twins.

Both tales were uncorroborated but would explain a lot. What is for sure he is so irritating.

digger the goat

2,614 posts

103 months

Wednesday 10th October 2012
quotequote all
Give that lot on Rogue Traders a call..!!

I wouldn't !!!

After all......Mat Alwrights motorbike buddy has recently been done for benefit fraud !!
If Anne Robinson didn't see that coming.....Is she going to see the bigger fraudsters on this programme ??? wink

lowdrag

10,818 posts

171 months

Thursday 11th October 2012
quotequote all
thegamekeeper said:
His second amazing claim was that he was the mechanic for the Kray Twins.

Both tales were uncorroborated but would explain a lot. What is for sure he is so irritating.
As someone who unwittingly met the Krays I'de be somewhat astounded if he was their mechanic. They were arrested in 1968 and he would have been about 17 then, too young to be a mechanic. He states he worked for a Rolls dealer for 11 years anyway.

Oh, my chance encounter was while waiting for the GF to come off shift at the London Hospital. I was in the Blind Beggar pub opposite having a drink in the snug and there were two well dressed men in there with "friends". I had no idea who they were - until I saw their pictures in the paper some weeks later that is.

S2Mike

3,065 posts

108 months

Thursday 11th October 2012
quotequote all
digger the goat said:
Give that lot on Rogue Traders a call..!!

I wouldn't !!!

After all......Mat Alwrights motorbike buddy has recently been done for benefit fraud !!
If Anne Robinson didn't see that coming.....Is she going to see the bigger fraudsters on this programme ??? wink
.
I'd be suprised if Anne Robinson saw anything coming, with that much botox in her face, her cheeks and forehead must be blocking her field of vision!

Roy C

4,135 posts

242 months

Thursday 11th October 2012
quotequote all
S2Mike said:
digger the goat said:
Give that lot on Rogue Traders a call..!!

I wouldn't !!!

After all......Mat Alwrights motorbike buddy has recently been done for benefit fraud !!
If Anne Robinson didn't see that coming.....Is she going to see the bigger fraudsters on this programme ??? wink
.
I'd be suprised if Anne Robinson saw anything coming, with that much botox in her face, her cheeks and forehead must be blocking her field of vision!
Maybe she can be the first "restoration" in - god forbid - the next series. biggrin

grahamw48

9,943 posts

196 months

Thursday 11th October 2012
quotequote all
This has to be one of the most annoying programmes on TV (to a petrolhead).

TRASH !

e21Mark

14,014 posts

131 months

Thursday 11th October 2012
quotequote all
lowdrag said:
thegamekeeper said:
His second amazing claim was that he was the mechanic for the Kray Twins.

Both tales were uncorroborated but would explain a lot. What is for sure he is so irritating.
They were arrested in 1968 and he would have been about 17 then, too young to be a mechanic. He states he worked for a Rolls dealer for 11 years anyway.
He's far too stupid to have done the sums. He's appeared on that program that gives so-called money saving tips too and even they were utter tosh.

Urban Sports

11,321 posts

161 months

Thursday 11th October 2012
quotequote all
Jesus wept, it is only worth watching for sheer comedy value!

Utter crap.

Urban Sports

11,321 posts

161 months

Thursday 11th October 2012
quotequote all
Jesus wept, it is only worth watching for sheer comedy value!

Utter crap.

Unemployed

335 posts

98 months

Thursday 11th October 2012
quotequote all
I didn't spot all the things that the more eagle eyed amongst us did and, blissfully unaware, enjoyed the programme. Now that I know, however, I'm bordering on making a complaint to Ofcom as its so deceitful. Awful programme.