Turbo Love @ First Sight....

Turbo Love @ First Sight....

Author
Discussion

neutral 3

Original Poster:

3,719 posts

117 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
Was out in Mayfair last night and this has completely blown my addled brain.
Appreciate a lot of people don't like Gold cars, but I grew up around an Oro gold 68 Maserati Ghibli and Loved my Ceylon gold 3.0 CSL and of course the Citroen SM was popular in gold.
The £ price of this one, is however eye watering !
Your thoughts ladies and gents ?

neutral 3

Original Poster:

3,719 posts

117 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all

Love the carbon wrap ? Mirrors.

neutral 3

Original Poster:

3,719 posts

117 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all

LarJammer

1,776 posts

157 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
https://youtu.be/P7P-6uQESg8
Skip to 6:45 for the wheels, never seen a lazer beam used to 'paint' before...

LarJammer

1,776 posts

157 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
They were £200k new and only 500 made.

neutral 3

Original Poster:

3,719 posts

117 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
LarJammer said:
They were £200k new and only 500 made.
Omg....Fascinating piece of film !
My pal says that this one is up for £299,000,

neutral 3

Original Poster:

3,719 posts

117 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
Registered in April 18. Finished in yellow gold metalic. For sale on behalf of a customer. No mention of its build number though ?

Evolved

2,301 posts

134 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
LarJammer said:
https://youtu.be/P7P-6uQESg8
Skip to 6:45 for the wheels, never seen a lazer beam used to 'paint' before...
Never seen that technique either. Essentially burning the top coat of black off to reveal the underlying gold layer. I’m guessing this results in a flat colour! Very Fancy, wonder if the local wheel refurb co can do this laugh

SRT Hellcat

6,207 posts

164 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
Looks stunning. Might be an issue getting those wheels refurbished down the line

jh001

346 posts

124 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
neutral 3 said:
Was out in Mayfair last night and this has completely blown my addled brain.
Appreciate a lot of people don't like Gold cars, but I grew up around an Oro gold 68 Maserati Ghibli and Loved my Ceylon gold 3.0 CSL and of course the Citroen SM was popular in gold.
The £ price of this one, is however eye watering !
Your thoughts ladies and gents ?
If you don’t know, don’t ask.

aeropilot

18,938 posts

174 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
neutral 3 said:
Was out in Mayfair last night and this has completely blown my addled brain.
Appreciate a lot of people don't like Gold cars, but I grew up around an Oro gold 68 Maserati Ghibli and Loved my Ceylon gold 3.0 CSL and of course the Citroen SM was popular in gold.
Wow, Ceylon Gold CSL..... bow

For those of us of a certain age, as you say, gold cars don't have the 'stigma' attached to them that the younger generation have that have grown up in a monochrome era of resale silver/grey/black.

When I was 17 what I wanted most was an Amber Gold 1600E.........but the insurance quotes were unaffordable on 25 quid per week as an apprentice laugh


neutral 3

Original Poster:

3,719 posts

117 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
aeropilot said:
Wow, Ceylon Gold CSL..... bow

For those of us of a certain age, as you say, gold cars don't have the 'stigma' attached to them that the younger generation have that have grown up in a monochrome era of resale silver/grey/black.

When I was 17 what I wanted most was an Amber Gold 1600E.........but the insurance quotes were unaffordable on 25 quid per week as an apprentice laugh
Amber gold looked amazing on a 1600E!

aeropilot

18,938 posts

174 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
neutral 3 said:
aeropilot said:
Wow, Ceylon Gold CSL..... bow

For those of us of a certain age, as you say, gold cars don't have the 'stigma' attached to them that the younger generation have that have grown up in a monochrome era of resale silver/grey/black.

When I was 17 what I wanted most was an Amber Gold 1600E.........but the insurance quotes were unaffordable on 25 quid per week as an apprentice laugh
Amber gold looked amazing on a 1600E!
Yep, and I have been toying with the idea of painting my '32 Ford in Amber Gold........

Back to 911's though, if I hadn't already sunk a fortune into the '32, I would be driving oooop north to see if this lovely colour 911 is as good as it looks....smile

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C882007


neutral 3

Original Poster:

3,719 posts

117 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all


My Late Dads Oro Gold 68 model Ghibli, seen here @ High Beach Epping Forest in circa 1974.
You simply would not believe the heads that this car turned.....

Slippydiff

10,641 posts

170 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
neutral 3 said:


My Late Dads Oro Gold 68 model Ghibli, seen here @ High Beach Epping Forest in circa 1974.
You simply would not believe the heads that this car turned.....
A gold Maserati Ghibli and Porsche 991 Turbo S are VERY different animals. One is incredibly cool (as is the Esprit below) the other utterly naff (and crass) ...






CS Garth

2,091 posts

52 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
neutral 3 said:


My Late Dads Oro Gold 68 model Ghibli, seen here @ High Beach Epping Forest in circa 1974.
You simply would not believe the heads that this car turned.....
You father had exceptionally good taste in motor cars - thanks for sharing

neutral 3

Original Poster:

3,719 posts

117 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Thank you Garth, much appreciated !
He died aged just 41, in September 1975.
I started trying to find his Ghibli in about 1990. My Mum sold it to a Daytona owning pal of his and his Dad. They sold it to the States in 1976.
But just before Xmas last year, I finally found it in Austria with a dealer. Sadly it was re painted yellow about 10 years ago along with some some poor quality body work. I still have all of its early paper work. The dealer laughably wants £200,000 for it !!! It's £100,000 Tops.
It's actually the 50 th Ghibli built, my Dad's pal Joe Bojalad ordered it in Summer 67 and it was finished in Sept 67. It went straight out to Jo in Pennslevania.

DJMC

2,554 posts

50 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
aeropilot said:
Yep, and I have been toying with the idea of painting my '32 Ford in Amber Gold........
Real steel? I had a Jago '32 roadster 35 years ago. 327 with fuelie heads, Jag IRS, drop tube front. Lovely things...

CS Garth

2,091 posts

52 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
neutral 3 said:
Thank you Garth, much appreciated !
He died aged just 41, in September 1975.
I started trying to find his Ghibli in about 1990. My Mum sold it to a Daytona owning pal of his and his Dad. They sold it to the States in 1976.
But just before Xmas last year, I finally found it in Austria with a dealer. Sadly it was re painted yellow about 10 years ago along with some some poor quality body work. I still have all of its early paper work. The dealer laughably wants £200,000 for it !!! It's £100,000 Tops.
It's actually the 50 th Ghibli built, my Dad's pal Joe Bojalad ordered it in Summer 67 and it was finished in Sept 67. It went straight out to Jo in Pennslevania.
Great story, you must have been elated when you found it even if just to get closure.

aeropilot

18,938 posts

174 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
DJMC said:
aeropilot said:
Yep, and I have been toying with the idea of painting my '32 Ford in Amber Gold........
Real steel?
yes