PH G2L deal Meg 280 owners ?

PH G2L deal Meg 280 owners ?

Author
Discussion

g40steve

Original Poster:

557 posts

121 months

Thursday 20th February
quotequote all
Luke. said:
Maintained only an extra £8 a month on the quote I got. So less than £200 extra over the term. Surely cheaper than a service?
First service is minimal, won't have it for the second one smile

Found this;

Renault Servicing offers for Renault Sport cars
Service Model Offer What's included?
Renault service All From £179*

Applies to vehicles on a two year service regime. Content: engine oil, filter and cabin filter or air filterchange (subject to model specific requirements), safety, computer, battery, levels checks.

moonigan

1,717 posts

200 months

Thursday 20th February
quotequote all
g40steve said:
First service is minimal, won't have it for the second one smile

Found this;

Renault Servicing offers for Renault Sport cars
Service Model Offer What's included?
Renault service All From £179*

Applies to vehicles on a two year service regime. Content: engine oil, filter and cabin filter or air filterchange (subject to model specific requirements), safety, computer, battery, levels checks.
Think the RS is a 12 month interval. I know the RS300 certainly is.

Luke.

8,867 posts

209 months

Thursday 20th February
quotequote all
Anyone know if heated front seats are standard? Cant find any reference to them in the brochure.

06andiano

66 posts

24 months

Thursday 20th February
quotequote all
Luke. said:
Anyone know if heated front seats are standard? Cant find any reference to them in the brochure.
They only come with the upgraded alcantara seats which are a £1200 option (recaros are £300 on top of that).

Didn't seem worth it to me, sat in the standard seats today and they felt better than my current GTI's


Luke.

8,867 posts

209 months

Thursday 20th February
quotequote all
06andiano said:
They only come with the upgraded alcantara seats which are a £1200 option (recaros are £300 on top of that).

Didn't seem worth it to me, sat in the standard seats today and they felt better than my current GTI's
Ta.

Luke.

8,867 posts

209 months

Thursday 20th February
quotequote all
Was anyone tempted to go auto for just a little more £ a month?

https://www.gateway2lease.com/cars/renault/megane-...

Only just spotted this. Slightly tempted to change order. But not had a manual for years and if I don't go for the manual Megane, I doubt I'll ever have one again.

Hmmm. What to go for? Can I even change my order?

Edited by Luke. on Thursday 20th February 20:26

faysmax

70 posts

102 months

Thursday 20th February
quotequote all
What’s the excess mileage are you guys getting from the quote? In my case it’s 12.7p for self maintained and 18.5p if it’s including maintenance. Seems quite steep though? Mine is based on 5k pa if that have any influence

Luke.

8,867 posts

209 months

Thursday 20th February
quotequote all
faysmax said:
What’s the excess mileage are you guys getting from the quote? In my case it’s 12.7p for self maintained and 18.5p if it’s including maintenance. Seems quite steep though? Mine is based on 5k pa if that have any influence
Same, same. It's not bad. Do an extra 1000 miles and it's only £120 or so.

snorkel sucker

2,525 posts

162 months

Friday 21st February
quotequote all
Luke. said:
faysmax said:
What’s the excess mileage are you guys getting from the quote? In my case it’s 12.7p for self maintained and 18.5p if it’s including maintenance. Seems quite steep though? Mine is based on 5k pa if that have any influence
Same, same. It's not bad. Do an extra 1000 miles and it's only £120 or so.
7ppm biggrin

g40steve

Original Poster:

557 posts

121 months

Friday 21st February
quotequote all
snorkel sucker said:
7ppm biggrin
Same 7ppm

Also these Trophy's seem to be £50-60 a month more?

snorkel sucker

2,525 posts

162 months

Friday 21st February
quotequote all
g40steve said:
snorkel sucker said:
7ppm biggrin
Same 7ppm

Also these Trophy's seem to be £50-60 a month more?
Yes: I think there was a very small window of opportunity for the cup deal with the lower excess miles charge. These other deals, whilst still very good, aren't quite as cheap.

Frimley111R

10,998 posts

193 months

Friday 21st February
quotequote all
Luke. said:
Was anyone tempted to go auto for just a little more £ a month?

https://www.gateway2lease.com/cars/renault/megane-...

Only just spotted this. Slightly tempted to change order. But not had a manual for years and if I don't go for the manual Megane, I doubt I'll ever have one again.

Hmmm. What to go for? Can I even change my order?

Edited by Luke. on Thursday 20th February 20:26
its up to you. If it were me i'd go auto as 99% of driving is suited to that plus I've driven paddleshift cars hard and I thought the speed of the change and the ability to keep your hands on the wheel made me faster and safer.

Luke.

8,867 posts

209 months

Friday 21st February
quotequote all
Frimley111R said:
its up to you. If it were me i'd go auto as 99% of driving is suited to that plus I've driven paddleshift cars hard and I thought the speed of the change and the ability to keep your hands on the wheel made me faster and safer.
I've switched to the auto. Can't wait.

damolong

90 posts

166 months

Friday 21st February
quotequote all
Purely personal preference. Manual all the way for me!

Rob_F

4,047 posts

223 months

Friday 21st February
quotequote all
Got my car today.

Very, very happy with how it drives. Suspension just perfect, don't find it too crashy at all, very well damped. Standard hifi not as bad as expected and seats really good.

Pretty delighted, and can't wait to get it on a proper blast!

Rob

Luke.

8,867 posts

209 months

Saturday 22nd February
quotequote all
Rob_F said:
Got my car today.

Very, very happy with how it drives. Suspension just perfect, don't find it too crashy at all, very well damped. Standard hifi not as bad as expected and seats really good.

Pretty delighted, and can't wait to get it on a proper blast!

Rob
Amazing. When did you order yours and any photos?

damolong

90 posts

166 months

Saturday 22nd February
quotequote all
Rob_F said:
Got my car today.

Very, very happy with how it drives. Suspension just perfect, don't find it too crashy at all, very well damped. Standard hifi not as bad as expected and seats really good.

Pretty delighted, and can't wait to get it on a proper blast!

Rob
Great to hear. What are the running in guidelines?

g40steve

Original Poster:

557 posts

121 months

Saturday 22nd February
quotequote all
damolong said:
Great to hear. What are the running in guidelines?
Awaits the drive it like you stole it comments smilesmile

g40steve

Original Poster:

557 posts

121 months

Saturday 22nd February
quotequote all
Rob_F said:
Got my car today.

Very, very happy with how it drives. Suspension just perfect, don't find it too crashy at all, very well damped. Standard hifi not as bad as expected and seats really good.

Pretty delighted, and can't wait to get it on a proper blast!

Rob
Is this one of the 280's what condition did it arrive in?
Mate who got his via leasehub deals was not impressed........

Unlight

473 posts

139 months

Saturday 22nd February
quotequote all
g40steve said:
Is this one of the 280's what condition did it arrive in?
Mate who got his via leasehub deals was not impressed........
Any more details? Who were the supplying dealer?