What have you done to your Mini today ?

What have you done to your Mini today ?

Author
Discussion

steve-5snwi

Original Poster:

5,768 posts

61 months

Saturday 7th April 2018
quotequote all
Lets have a thread about our Minis and what we have done to them ....

So toady on the F57
I fitted a set of mudflaps to the rear
Replaced the rear brake pads,
Cleaned the rear wheels and gave them a coat of Gtechniq C5
Painted the rear hubs matt silver and the calipers Silver grey (match the interior)

mon the fish

1,205 posts

116 months

Monday 9th April 2018
quotequote all
Connected the trickle charger to the R53 because I've left in sitting in the garage too long biggrin

Finished machine polishing the R56, it's not perfect but it is a lot better

E-bmw

6,208 posts

120 months

Monday 9th April 2018
quotequote all
Bought some sheet ally for a job this next week.

steve-5snwi

Original Poster:

5,768 posts

61 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
Purchased some more cleaning bits and more importantly for when the sun finally comes out, a wind deflector.

mids

1,350 posts

226 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
Yesterday I had the bulb warning light come on on the dash. Had a look round and noticed a sidelight off so ordered new bulbs off Ebay. This morning the warning light has gone and the sidelight is back working again so I'm gutted that I might have wasted £2.85 ;-)

The1Driver

716 posts

120 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
Currently at lohen having some work done... And fighting the temptation to spend more than planned lol

steve-5snwi

Original Poster:

5,768 posts

61 months

Saturday 28th April 2018
quotequote all
The Clubman is back on its summer wheel - when it decides to show up,

The Convertible had its first service and a recall on the roof.

gaz132

263 posts

210 months

Monday 30th April 2018
quotequote all
Over the past week I've fitted UJ rear lights & (with the help of Dr Interceptor) cleared the rear brake lights error codes. Fitted black front & rear light surrounds and black grill surround.

rigga

7,107 posts

169 months

Monday 30th April 2018
quotequote all
mids said:
Yesterday I had the bulb warning light come on on the dash. Had a look round and noticed a sidelight off so ordered new bulbs off Ebay. This morning the warning light has gone and the sidelight is back working again so I'm gutted that I might have wasted £2.85 ;-)
R56? Had both rear bulb holders fail on mine, intermittent bulb out messages, tracks failed, common apparently.

daemon

29,083 posts

165 months

Wednesday 2nd May 2018
quotequote all
Mods so far :-

Switched the "ring" off round the centre console - amusing during the day, far too bright at night
Bought bimmercode and interface
Set default mode of Driving Modes to Sport (always starts in Sport) via bimmercode
Set door handle lights to come on when in reverse via bimmercode
Set internal noise to JCW (sad, yes) via bimmercode
Fitted tuning box (+35BHP)
Fitted ITG air filter (+6BHP)


Filibuster

1,852 posts

183 months

Wednesday 2nd May 2018
quotequote all
daemon said:
Mods so far :-

Switched the "ring" off round the centre console - amusing during the day, far too bright at night
Bought bimmercode and interface
Set default mode of Driving Modes to Sport (always starts in Sport) via bimmercode
Set door handle lights to come on when in reverse via bimmercode
Set internal noise to JCW (sad, yes) via bimmercode
Fitted tuning box (+35BHP)
Fitted ITG air filter (+6BHP)
I just looked up what bimmercode is and just ordered a Vgate OBD adapter off amazon!
What a great thing! Can't wait to program some neat little tricks. (I On my old Lupo GTI I had to plug in an ancient windows laptop to program some things like auto lock)
Is the JCW active sound only on in sport mode? It would be great to have a quiet system in normal mode and the fake JCW sound in sports mode.
Also what tuning box do you have?
And does the ITG add some more induction noise?

daemon

29,083 posts

165 months

Wednesday 2nd May 2018
quotequote all
Filibuster said:
daemon said:
Mods so far :-

Switched the "ring" off round the centre console - amusing during the day, far too bright at night
Bought bimmercode and interface
Set default mode of Driving Modes to Sport (always starts in Sport) via bimmercode
Set door handle lights to come on when in reverse via bimmercode
Set internal noise to JCW (sad, yes) via bimmercode
Fitted tuning box (+35BHP)
Fitted ITG air filter (+6BHP)
I just looked up what bimmercode is and just ordered a Vgate OBD adapter off amazon!
What a great thing! Can't wait to program some neat little tricks. (I On my old Lupo GTI I had to plug in an ancient windows laptop to program some things like auto lock)
Is the JCW active sound only on in sport mode? It would be great to have a quiet system in normal mode and the fake JCW sound in sports mode.
Also what tuning box do you have?
And does the ITG add some more induction noise?
Yes its only active in Sport mode.

Its a BlueSpark single point box. Its one i had on my Volvo T5 and got it reprogrammed by Bluespark.

If i hadnt one already, i'd be going for a Racechip GTS multipoint box which takes it to 246BHP

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/mini/mini-f55-56-f...

RE: The ITG, no not as much as you might expect (or as much as it did on our Clio 200) but noticable and probably worthwhile with the increased power.

Trustmeimadoctor

7,009 posts

123 months

Thursday 3rd May 2018
quotequote all
Today just the facelift black grill surround
Before


And after finally now all chrome is black hurrah

cerb4.5lee

19,686 posts

148 months

Friday 4th May 2018
quotequote all
Excellent ^^^

I really don't like any of the chrome on mine and I need all mine doing for sure. smile

Trustmeimadoctor

7,009 posts

123 months

Friday 4th May 2018
quotequote all
The chrome didn't work for me since I have the black roof. Just need to get a genuine black filler now rather than my wrapped effort

Clubman270

943 posts

165 months

Sunday 6th May 2018
quotequote all
Finally managed to get my LED rear lights fitted, needed a fair bit of fettling with different connectors & relays, but luckily a good friend is an electrical whizz thumbup.



Trustmeimadoctor

7,009 posts

123 months

Sunday 6th May 2018
quotequote all
Be proud I washed it wink

K27

186 posts

246 months

Saturday 12th May 2018
quotequote all
New 18" JCW wheels and Conti DWS06 tires.


2013 Mini Cooper S Roadster JCW-2.jpg


superlightr

11,301 posts

231 months

Saturday 12th May 2018
quotequote all
K27 said:
New 18" JCW wheels and Conti DWS06 tires.


2013 Mini Cooper S Roadster JCW-2.jpg
wow - that looks super !!! love it.


Trustmeimadoctor

7,009 posts

123 months

Saturday 12th May 2018
quotequote all
New drivers seat cover as stitching was pulling out on the bolster