The "Photos From Today's Ride" thread...

The "Photos From Today's Ride" thread...

Author
Discussion

lauda

1,716 posts

154 months

Friday 27th September
quotequote all
Mark83 said:
Glandon, Télégraphe and Galibier loop. 165km, 4000m and 8000cal.

Chapeau! That’s one hell of a day in the saddle.

cheesewotsit

155 posts

56 months

Friday 27th September
quotequote all
Did the London to Brighton MTB ride last week. Longest ride I've ever done was 45km before, so it got interesting quickly, but loved it.


gl20

762 posts

96 months

Friday 27th September
quotequote all
lauda said:
gl20 said:
Formentor, this morning.

Stunning clap
Thanks. Sa Colobra today. Will add photos but none of them that great with shadows everywhere and was as much as I could do just to get up and out! Was getting hot in there.

flight147z

538 posts

76 months

Friday 27th September
quotequote all
Cycled to the highest point in my county



Expected it to be a bit more scenic

yellowjack

12,193 posts

113 months

Friday 27th September
quotequote all
flight147z said:
Cycled to the highest point in my county



Expected it to be a bit more scenic
Which county? Just so that I know to avoid it, like. No offence, but that photo really isn't helping to sell it as a destination...

HoHoHo

13,870 posts

197 months

Saturday 28th September
quotequote all
flight147z said:
Cycled to the highest point in my county



Expected it to be a bit more scenic
I think you’ll find the highest point is actually the top of that dull grey electricity pylon....... getmecoat

wink

lauda

1,716 posts

154 months

Saturday 28th September
quotequote all


The inspiring view inside my conservatory this morning as I laboured my way up Alpe du Zwift for the first time. My time may have been slightly spoiled by my two year old daughter requiring an urgent nappy change just as I was within sight of the summit.

flight147z

538 posts

76 months

Saturday 28th September
quotequote all
yellowjack said:
Which county? Just so that I know to avoid it, like. No offence, but that photo really isn't helping to sell it as a destination...
Nottinghamshire

This is just down the road and a little nicer



GravelBen

13,875 posts

177 months

Sunday 29th September
quotequote all
Some sticky patches on my local trails at the moment.





The landing for this drop was so greasy I could barely walk it, safe to say I took the chicken option.

But most of the main through trail is in good condition, still had a nice ride.







gl20

762 posts

96 months

Sunday 29th September
quotequote all
Sa Calobra, on Friday. Hot, it was.






lauda

1,716 posts

154 months

Sunday 29th September
quotequote all
gl20 said:
Sa Calobra, on Friday. Hot, it was.





Having been blown to bits and soaked through on my morning ride today, this doesn’t make me jealous. Not in the slightest.

wobert

2,565 posts

169 months

Sunday 29th September
quotequote all
After a hard day of gardening yesterday, I opted for a lie in and a solo ride instead of the usual Club run.

Ended up at Net’s cafe at Neston on the Wirral. Managed to stay reasonably dry of the outbound leg, but the heavens opened on the return.

A fantastic Danish pastry made up for the grotty weather....

View over Parkgate / Neston marshes towards Point of Ayr on the N Wales coast....



Edited by wobert on Sunday 29th September 19:26

Paraicj

497 posts

88 months

Tuesday 1st October
quotequote all
I went for a shortish road ride south of Birmingham, it was mostly puddle dodging and diversions for floods, but still nice to get out.

I don't think this person was having as much fun:



Johnny

Original Poster:

9,095 posts

231 months

Tuesday 1st October
quotequote all
Crosstown Traffic. Andrassy ut. Budapest on my commute today


snobetter

832 posts

93 months

Tuesday 1st October
quotequote all
Johnny said:
Crosstown Traffic. Andrassy ut. Budapest on my commute today

It's nice the person in the car joined in!

Johnny

Original Poster:

9,095 posts

231 months

Tuesday 1st October
quotequote all
hehe

Tall_Paul

1,712 posts

174 months

Wednesday 2nd October
quotequote all
2nd ride out on my new weapon, I'm in between cars at the moment so it's local riding only for now. Really need to take it to some proper trails to get the suspension set up.

Surprisingly it wasn't that wet considering the amount of rain we've had.


Blatter

649 posts

138 months

Wednesday 2nd October
quotequote all
Tall_Paul said:
2nd ride out on my new weapon, I'm in between cars at the moment so it's local riding only for now. Really need to take it to some proper trails to get the suspension set up.

Surprisingly it wasn't that wet considering the amount of rain we've had.

What did you do, carry it up to that vantage point? There's not a single spec of dirt on it, man biggrin

Lovely looking bike by the way. What is it?

Edited by Blatter on Wednesday 2nd October 18:11

Tall_Paul

1,712 posts

174 months

Wednesday 2nd October
quotequote all
Blatter said:
Tall_Paul said:
2nd ride out on my new weapon, I'm in between cars at the moment so it's local riding only for now. Really need to take it to some proper trails to get the suspension set up.

Surprisingly it wasn't that wet considering the amount of rain we've had.

What did you do, carry it up to that vantage point? There's not a single spec of dirt on it, man biggrin

Lovely looking bike by the way. What is it?

Edited by Blatter on Wednesday 2nd October 18:11
There is, honestly! biggrin

It was pretty dirty after 20 miles today, it's a 2019 YT Jeffsy CF Pro Race 29, size XXL, with some bits changed from stock - eagle X01 cassette, XX1 rainbow chain, GX eagle mech/shifter, Hope V4 brakes, Oneup EDC stem and carbon bar, and Vittoria martello tires with rimpact inserts front and rear.

It's complete overkill for local riding, not too bad for my usual trails at Surrey Hills etc but I'm also planning lots of trips to Wales, Peak District, Lake District, Scotland etc. It's more capable than my last bike (longer travel and 29er vs 27.5) and is lighter and faster up, down and on the flat.

mike80

1,450 posts

163 months

Friday 4th October
quotequote all
A blast around Menorca today








Edited by mike80 on Friday 4th October 18:27