XH558..........

Author
Discussion

billybob1971

20 posts

20 months

Wednesday 7th August 2019
quotequote all
It is a same how this has all fallen from to this.

But I guess with so much time invested and so many people invested, always likely.

saaby93

27,994 posts

142 months

saaby93

27,994 posts

142 months

Benni

3,150 posts

175 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
I have only seen the silhouette from far away on my way to Santa Pod years ago,
but have been an observant here, the Yeovilton video has THE best sound in my opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djd1pPQZ_LE&pb...

I was always hoping to see a flypast at Santa Pod, they booked the "Battle of Britain" planes often,
but sadly that never happened, folks on the banking like a good overdose of sound.

tdm34

6,734 posts

174 months

Monday 4th January
quotequote all
Benni said:
I have only seen the silhouette from far away on my way to Santa Pod years ago,
but have been an observant here, the Yeovilton video has THE best sound in my opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djd1pPQZ_LE&pb...

I was always hoping to see a flypast at Santa Pod, they booked the "Battle of Britain" planes often,
but sadly that never happened, folks on the banking like a good overdose of sound.
Looked very like it was undershooting the landing, he saved it by basically giving it everything, iirc three sheep in the field died of shock.

ecsrobin

12,683 posts

129 months

Monday 4th January
quotequote all
tdm34 said:
Looked very like it was undershooting the landing, he saved it by basically giving it everything, iirc three sheep in the field died of shock.
Yep coming up short give it the beans and go around. Sounds great but close to going wrong in that heavy thing.

LukeBrown66

662 posts

10 months

Monday 4th January
quotequote all
Aye he got that a bit wrong by the looks of it lol! one in a million chance though as that team could pedal that thing.

saaby93

27,994 posts

142 months

HoHoHo

14,850 posts

214 months

Saturday 20th February
quotequote all
saaby93 said:
So sad it is now slowly rotting outside frown

aeropilot

23,886 posts

191 months

Saturday 20th February
quotequote all
HoHoHo said:
saaby93 said:
So sad it is now slowly rotting outside frown
Was predicted to be the case though by almost everyone outside of the '558 fanclub'.


The Brummie

8,759 posts

151 months

Saturday 20th February
quotequote all
aeropilot said:
HoHoHo said:
saaby93 said:
So sad it is now slowly rotting outside frown
Was predicted to be the case though by almost everyone outside of the '558 fanclub'.


Even now the 558 fan club insist that she is in very good condition both inside & out.


Before i was banned from a 558 Facebook page for calling the admin a **** I was told that as aircraft where designed for an ‘outdoor life’ 558 was perfectly at home sat in the corner at Doncaster Airport as is the case currently.

The idiots still believe that the hangar & visitor centre for 558 & the Canberra will built ‘soon’.

Apparently all they were waiting for was a mortgage to be approved & then the building could begin.

I asked a simple question - how would VTTS repay such a hefty mortgage. A fairly sensible question I would have thought.

The reply was that the public were keen too see 558 indoors so more funding raising (begging bowl more like) would be done to ensure that the mortgage would be paid!!!

This was before the demise of Dr P & the final message to me before I was banned was that I should respect Dr P for getting 558 back into the air (which goes without saying) & that I should stop trying to destroy a charity!!!!

Nothing could be further from the truth however the fan-club do not like being asked pertinent questions.

I would imagine that with Dr P now gone things have been put on hold. As for the future of 558 I guess no-one really knows now.

Benni

3,150 posts

175 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
I have been reading a lot about Vulcans here, but don´t remember seeing footage of this tragic airshow accident :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYRKFkkyxh0&pb...
Prototype crashing in public view, accident report lost, anyone here know more ?

yellowjack

14,176 posts

130 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Benni said:
I have been reading a lot about Vulcans here, but don´t remember seeing footage of this tragic airshow accident :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYRKFkkyxh0&pb...
Prototype crashing in public view, accident report lost, anyone here know more ?
You may already have seen this... https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/55327

Scroll down for the listing on this page... http://www.ukserials.com/losses-1958.htm ...but there's not much detail on there.

Eric Mc

114,705 posts

229 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Leading edge of the wing collapsed leading to structural break up.