We love Trance music

We love Trance music

Author
Discussion

Regbuser

837 posts

12 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
Rtts at the rocket > https://youtu.be/zC-JlVn-B_Q

Mezzanine

7,220 posts

196 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
Now this thread is right up my street!

Not ashamed to admit I was obsessed with commercial trance music as a teenager.

I was just that little bit too young to go to the club nights but spent all my money on the big compilations of the time and plenty of 12” stuff. I was gutted I didn’t get to be at these legendary places.

I still have all my compilations in the loft, including the PvD round tin mentioned above.

Trance tee’d me up for my complete dive into the progressive house stuff which I have actually never stopped listening to.

Global Underground was my true obsession.

Edited by Mezzanine on Monday 28th March 15:58

BRR

1,763 posts

149 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
I started DJ'ing as a teenager in the late 90's which was pretty much peak Trance so have had a love for it ever since. I rarely do a Trance mix these days, but the last one I did was a classics set that some of you may like

https://www.mixcloud.com/brett-reeve2/godskitchen-...

Faithless - we come 1
IIO - Rapture
Kosheen - Hide U
Three Drives - Greece 2000
Bedrock - Heaven sent
Motorcycle - as the rush comes
The digital blonde - Legato
Kamaya painters - Endless Wave
Southside spinners - Luvstruck
Alena - Turn it around
Art of trance - Madagascar
The Mystery - Mystery
Atlantis vs avatar - Fiji
Push - Strange World
Scot Project - Overdrive (Bryan kearney rmx)
Miss Shiva - Dreams
BK - Revolution
Ratty - Sunrise (here I am)

Mezzanine

7,220 posts

196 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
FishAndChips said:
I happened to be there that night, Lotherton Hall if I remember, it went off. The Space Brothers remix that comes in about 29 min mark still gives me goosebumps over 20 years later. hehe

Edited by FishAndChips on Monday 28th March 11:38
I love how certain tracks do that, the instant goosebumps after so many years of not hearing them.

Few of mine:









monkfish1

9,658 posts

201 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
BRR said:
I started DJ'ing as a teenager in the late 90's which was pretty much peak Trance so have had a love for it ever since. I rarely do a Trance mix these days, but the last one I did was a classics set that some of you may like

https://www.mixcloud.com/brett-reeve2/godskitchen-...

Faithless - we come 1
IIO - Rapture
Kosheen - Hide U
Three Drives - Greece 2000
Bedrock - Heaven sent
Motorcycle - as the rush comes
The digital blonde - Legato
Kamaya painters - Endless Wave
Southside spinners - Luvstruck
Alena - Turn it around
Art of trance - Madagascar
The Mystery - Mystery
Atlantis vs avatar - Fiji
Push - Strange World
Scot Project - Overdrive (Bryan kearney rmx)
Miss Shiva - Dreams
BK - Revolution
Ratty - Sunrise (here I am)
Some epic tunes there!

Especially Endless Wave.

Panamax

1,248 posts

11 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
Darude - Sandstorm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU

Or, from a downtempo Balearic angle, Dario G - Voices (or anything from The Beach soundtrack).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqKKJNy8x_o

MX500

4,000 posts

152 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
Mezzanine said:
Global Underground was my true obsession.
Now there's a thing. I've got loads of GU CDs somewhere. Tenaglia, Warren, Sasha, there's some mega stuff in there. I dipped into harder stuff a little bit but it never quite grabbed me. Both of Tiny de Vit's GUs were an exception, I loved those two mixes.

Later it became the Balance series that I preferred, there are some absolute corkers in both series though.


One of the most surprising was Henry Saiz's Balance 19 mix. Sounded really fresh at the time and still sounds good about 10 years (at a guess) later. He's also released some excellent solo stuff.


CD1

https://youtu.be/L1KC0qGIXPw


CD2

https://youtu.be/Mp6AxKo6wyU

Far Cough

1,771 posts

145 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
You have to tune into these guys. Available on DAB and online. Also , they put all of their 2 hour sets on mixcloud to listen to if you miss it.

https://centreforceradio.com/


Far Cough

1,771 posts

145 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
BRR said:
I started DJ'ing as a teenager in the late 90's which was pretty much peak Trance so have had a love for it ever since. I rarely do a Trance mix these days, but the last one I did was a classics set that some of you may like

https://www.mixcloud.com/brett-reeve2/godskitchen-...

Faithless - we come 1
IIO - Rapture
Kosheen - Hide U
Three Drives - Greece 2000
Bedrock - Heaven sent
Motorcycle - as the rush comes
The digital blonde - Legato
Kamaya painters - Endless Wave
Southside spinners - Luvstruck
Alena - Turn it around
Art of trance - Madagascar
The Mystery - Mystery
Atlantis vs avatar - Fiji
Push - Strange World
Scot Project - Overdrive (Bryan kearney rmx)
Miss Shiva - Dreams
BK - Revolution
Ratty - Sunrise (here I am)
Just giving the speakers a workout with this now .... superb bounce

Chris Stott

9,566 posts

174 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
Greece 2000… Pretty much perfection… in my top 5 tunes of all time.

Clockwork Cupcake

Original Poster:

69,191 posts

249 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
Chris Stott said:
Greece 2000… Pretty much perfection… in my top 5 tunes of all time.
Yup. That and Binary Finary. yes

(as already mentioned)

Gtom

1,239 posts

109 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
A thread right up my street.

A go to for me on YouTube is this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZub0RUNA3E

I used to love listening to Judge Jules on a Friday and Saturday night.

Chris Stott

9,566 posts

174 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
The 5th one will change depending on mood, but these 4 will always be there.

A dark room, headphones, glass of something nice and a fat J… heaven.

Greece 2000
Game master, lost tribe
Children, Robert Miles (Tilt’s Court Yard mix)
Strange world, Push

cherryowen

10,591 posts

181 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
Clockwork Cupcake said:
Chris Stott said:
Greece 2000… Pretty much perfection… in my top 5 tunes of all time.
Yup. That and Binary Finary. yes

(as already mentioned)
Another +1


Mezzanine

7,220 posts

196 months

Monday 28th March
quotequote all
MX500 said:
Now there's a thing. I've got loads of GU CDs somewhere. Tenaglia, Warren, Sasha, there's some mega stuff in there. I dipped into harder stuff a little bit but it never quite grabbed me. Both of Tiny de Vit's GUs were an exception, I loved those two mixes.

Later it became the Balance series that I preferred, there are some absolute corkers in both series though.


One of the most surprising was Henry Saiz's Balance 19 mix. Sounded really fresh at the time and still sounds good about 10 years (at a guess) later. He's also released some excellent solo stuff.


CD1

https://youtu.be/L1KC0qGIXPw


CD2

https://youtu.be/Mp6AxKo6wyU
Thanks for the recommendation on the Balance series, you are not the first person to mention those to me recently so will check them out as heard many good things smile

fridaypassion

6,292 posts

205 months

Tuesday 29th March
quotequote all
Awesome thread Trance certainly is a bit niche these days considering how popular it was in the late 90s

I'm still a loyal fan after all these years listen to a bit of techno and progressive but I've never strayed too far from trance. 138 stuff with a bit of a vocal is good for me. I love stuff from all eras the old classics and newer high production value stuff its all good. Craig Conely, Keiran Maccauly, Dan Stone some of my top artists.

Used to DJ/promote back in the day have a pretty decent home setup. If trance ever has a resurgence I might fancy doing some more but on the odd occasion I get out its rare you ever go anywhere and its packed.

p4cks

6,250 posts

176 months

Tuesday 29th March
quotequote all
As vocal trance goes, nothing much got close to this for absolute perfection for me


Chris Stott

9,566 posts

174 months

Tuesday 29th March
quotequote all
I’ve never been much of a fan of vocal stuff, but that’s very good.

Here’s on I can play on repeat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJFEwtJzAaw

TO73074E

122 posts

4 months

Tuesday 29th March
quotequote all
Love a bit of trance! A couple of my favourites






p4cks

6,250 posts

176 months

Tuesday 29th March
quotequote all
Three absolute crackers there. I've got Signum in my hard house collection... the Stimulant DJs remix of What Ya Got 4 Me is an absolute corker. Coming On Strong is a great hard house set starter too

Meet Her At The Love Parade. What can you say about that, a classic in every sense of the word