Summit Racing

Author
Discussion

GTRMikie

Original Poster:

833 posts

176 months

Wednesday 29th November 2017
quotequote all
Has anyone in the UK ordered something from Summit Racing in the US? If so, was it hassle free?

HappyMidget

5,518 posts

43 months

Wednesday 29th November 2017
quotequote all
Yup and yup. Can even pay import duty up front at checkout so no waiting for customs forms.

GTRMikie

Original Poster:

833 posts

176 months

Wednesday 29th November 2017
quotequote all
HappyMidget said:
Yup and yup. Can even pay import duty up front at checkout so no waiting for customs forms.
Thanks for that.

deadscoob

1,934 posts

188 months

Wednesday 29th November 2017
quotequote all
Yep and yep too.

GTRS

284 posts

151 months

Wednesday 29th November 2017
quotequote all
Me too with no probs.
Advertisement

xrtim

107 posts

35 months

Wednesday 29th November 2017
quotequote all

Me to, no problems and rapid delivery times

F.C.

3,853 posts

136 months

Wednesday 29th November 2017
quotequote all


Me too.
All good.

Happy Jim

598 posts

167 months

Wednesday 29th November 2017
quotequote all
Yup,
Got a package from them this week, well packed, free stickers and a catalogue to browse as well, took about 7 days to arrive.

Jim

BogBeast

873 posts

191 months

Thursday 30th November 2017
quotequote all
I just wish they had a UK warehouse.

barpilot

173 posts

63 months

Thursday 30th November 2017
quotequote all
The majority of my new engine components came from Summit. Great help over the phone and provided full tracking updates too. Customs weren’t shabby either.

confusionhunter

403 posts

150 months

Thursday 30th November 2017
quotequote all
Yep and Yep! a few times!

Storer

4,708 posts

143 months

Thursday 30th November 2017
quotequote all
Yep, but I did find delivery costs rather high.
In some cases more than the item.

USPS can be a great deal cheaper is you are not in a rush.

JoulesCanAm

303 posts

114 months

Saturday 2nd December 2017
quotequote all
If there is anything that you guys need that you are having trouble with I'm a couple miles from the Sparks NV, Summit store and spend way too much time & money there. I have shipped to Pantera guys around the World, just need to add in 8% state sales tax to local purchases. In that same vein I'm happy to act as an intermediary for vendors that will not ship overseas or eBay purchases etc.

Julian

Arnold Cunningham

873 posts

181 months

Saturday 2nd December 2017
quotequote all
Another thumbs up from me - I have bought loads from them.

I typically use the iParcel service - shipping is usually cheaper and all fees paid upfront.
The only thing I recommend is to ensure the items you want are in stock in the right warehouse - so set up your account with the right country in so you can see stock levels.

BogBeast

873 posts

191 months

Saturday 2nd December 2017
quotequote all
JoulesCanAm said:
If there is anything that you guys need that you are having trouble with I'm a couple miles from the Sparks NV, Summit store and spend way too much time & money there. I have shipped to Pantera guys around the World, just need to add in 8% state sales tax to local purchases. In that same vein I'm happy to act as an intermediary for vendors that will not ship overseas or eBay purchases etc.

Julian
Thanks for this much appreciated...

GTRMikie

Original Poster:

833 posts

176 months

Thursday 7th December 2017
quotequote all
Summit prices are much cheaper than the equivalent product bought from say, Real Steel. Do duties/ taxes etc boost the Summit prices to those of Real Steel, or are they still cheaper? I’m thinking of buying an EFI system and am looking for the best price!

F.C.

3,853 posts

136 months

Thursday 7th December 2017
quotequote all
GTRMikie said:
Summit prices are much cheaper than the equivalent product bought from say, Real Steel. Do duties/ taxes etc boost the Summit prices to those of Real Steel, or are they still cheaper? I’m thinking of buying an EFI system and am looking for the best price!
You have to figure postage + import duty + VAT.

If you are lucky you may get a bonus free from duty parcel! It has happened to me a few times wink

bitsilly

190 posts

137 months

Tuesday 26th December 2017
quotequote all
I bought some bits from them when building my Cobra and the quality was excellent.
Exchange rate helped then though!
They are a quality outfit.