Any other expectant Dads?

Any other expectant Dads?

Author
Discussion

Peanut Gallery

1,696 posts

60 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
CharlieH89 said:
Any cases to be made for buying a mamaroo?
Just seen mamaroo comes in at £234. Asda ones are £30. Others available, mine hated the shake function, so it was just a bouncy recliner chair. We were lent one, I think an asda one, it is very useful.

Still cannot get my head around those mamaroo prices, sorry! Second hand they are hardly used and £5 or so.

ST_Nuts

1,177 posts

57 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
234 quid for a baby bouncer. fk me. We pick up a gumtree freebie today laugh

GIYess

1,045 posts

51 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
Definately not a fan of spending big bucks on baby stuff really. Some babies like them and others wont last 5 mins in them. Where bouncers are concerned, just get a bog standard one.

Vaud

34,975 posts

105 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
Plus use them sparingly, there is a very mixed view about how good they are for a baby (ditto walkers)

CharlieH89

8,728 posts

115 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
I'd be looking at second hand mamaroos smile Roughly <£100 with obvious resale value in 6 months time.

Had a bit of an issue with Mothercare today.
Ordered a cot 14th January instore to then be called the following day the member of staff hadn't processed it properly.
Had to go back in to pay again.
I then get an email 10 days later to say the item is out of stock from the manufacturer despite Mothercare's website saying in stock. I go in, they get told delivery around the middle of March.

That's fine by me. I email the manufacturer again today for an update on delivery times to be then told Mothercare have cancelled again as if they have an order on the system which is out of stock for around 2 weeks they cancel it.
No correspondence with myself. Lucky I emailed the manufacturer.

I know we won't need the cot for 5 or 6 months but I really want to get the cot set up to then put up the decorations on the wall/ see where would be best for it to go.

Pain In the ass experience and it's a good job that the baby isn't here as if we had ordered on the 14th Jan expecting the cot for around 24th, we'd have not had a clue if the cot was on its way or not and the baby would have not had a cot to sleep in after spending £300.

cbmotorsport

3,009 posts

68 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
CharlieH89 said:
Any cases to be made for buying a mamaroo?
We were lent one by some friends who's son had grown out of it. Our little girl didn't really like it. We gave it back. We bought a cheap old school wire framed baby bouncer for about £20 which she loves. YMMV.

Blown2CV

22,958 posts

153 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
thing with bouncers is that some kids just don't like them, or even if they do it might have quite a short lifespan. I can't remember how long number 1 lasted in a bouncer but i think it could have been measured in days (not continuously)!

scjgreen

458 posts

84 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
IVF Embryo Transfer tomorrow - Fingers crossed

Hopefully can join in the Conversation soon

ukbabz

912 posts

76 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
scjgreen said:
IVF Embryo Transfer tomorrow - Fingers crossed

Hopefully can join in the Conversation soon
Good luck and hope everything goes perfectly!

Du1point8

21,123 posts

142 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
partner is 13 weeks gone and had the tests all last week and the 3 month scan and thankfully we are very low risk (despite age).

1-2500 for trisomy 21
1-19500 for trisomy 18/13

So can finally think about what we need to do.

after reading above I now know what the hell a BabyMoon is now when she mentioned it

Peanut Gallery

1,696 posts

60 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
scjgreen said:
IVF Embryo Transfer tomorrow - Fingers crossed

Hopefully can join in the Conversation soon
Good luck! As above, hope it goes perfectly!

Peanut Gallery

1,696 posts

60 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
CharlieH89 said:
Had a bit of an issue with Mothercare today.
Have a look at John Lewis, so really good stuff in there. To be fair we never had a cot, but have a fancy mattress and bed from them, as well as our second car seat.

Vaud

34,975 posts

105 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
Du1point8 said:
after reading above I now know what the hell a BabyMoon is now when she mentioned it
Do it.. but not too late into 2nd trimester!

chip*

446 posts

178 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
scjgreen said:
IVF Embryo Transfer tomorrow - Fingers crossed

Hopefully can join in the Conversation soon
Excellent news.

Good luck, I hope you have the desired results in 2 weeks time.

richatnort

2,285 posts

81 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
Du1point8 said:
partner is 13 weeks gone and had the tests all last week and the 3 month scan and thankfully we are very low risk (despite age).

1-2500 for trisomy 21
1-19500 for trisomy 18/13

So can finally think about what we need to do.

after reading above I now know what the hell a BabyMoon is now when she mentioned it
Congrats mate it's great to hear that all the tests come back low risk, we found out on Saturday so i'm guessing we're probably close with date, ours is due 16.08.

Yes took me a while to understand about baby moons too but now we're trying to figure out what type to go on which is difficult as we don't know what she'll be like at 30 weeks.

LittleBigPlanet

809 posts

91 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
CharlieH89 said:
Pain In the ass experience and it's a good job that the baby isn't here as if we had ordered on the 14th Jan expecting the cot for around 24th, we'd have not had a clue if the cot was on its way or not and the baby would have not had a cot to sleep in after spending £300.
In reality, CharlieH89 v2.0 won't be in a cot for the first ~3 months anyway so you'd get by. That being said, not great customer service from Mothercare but then I'd expect nothing less of a chain that's failing - John Lewis all the way.

Vaud

34,975 posts

105 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
richatnort said:
Congrats mate it's great to hear that all the tests come back low risk, we found out on Saturday so i'm guessing we're probably close with date, ours is due 16.08.

Yes took me a while to understand about baby moons too but now we're trying to figure out what type to go on which is difficult as we don't know what she'll be like at 30 weeks.
Pick something with lots of options and that doesn’t tie you to anywhere too hot, she might / will want to rest a lot and sleep might be hard by 30 weeks. Everything gets harder in the last 2 months.

E.g city break with hotel/Airbnb and set low expectations... or a hotel by a beach (not too hot)

Du1point8

21,123 posts

142 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
richatnort said:
Du1point8 said:
partner is 13 weeks gone and had the tests all last week and the 3 month scan and thankfully we are very low risk (despite age).

1-2500 for trisomy 21
1-19500 for trisomy 18/13

So can finally think about what we need to do.

after reading above I now know what the hell a BabyMoon is now when she mentioned it
Congrats mate it's great to hear that all the tests come back low risk, we found out on Saturday so i'm guessing we're probably close with date, ours is due 16.08.

Yes took me a while to understand about baby moons too but now we're trying to figure out what type to go on which is difficult as we don't know what she'll be like at 30 weeks.
Was 18.08, but after the 12 week scan on 12, it has the growth of 12+6, so revised to 13.08 due date.

She has demanded a BabyMoon and wants it over the Easter bank holiday weekend... so now I need to go and organise it somewhere, I want Iceland, but will settle for Bruges.

cbmotorsport

3,009 posts

68 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
scjgreen said:
IVF Embryo Transfer tomorrow - Fingers crossed

Hopefully can join in the Conversation soon
Good luck! I'm sure it'll go perfectly. :-)

Gary29

2,685 posts

49 months

Tuesday 12th February 2019
quotequote all
Good luck to all the newly expecting and trying!

Our little bundle is 4 months now and teething apparently eek oh man is she letting us know about it!! Three teeth coming through at once, we've been spoilt with her sleep patterns up until now, so I guess it was only fair it took a hit for a while.......