Things that annoy you beyond reason...(Vol 5)

Things that annoy you beyond reason...(Vol 5)

Author
Discussion

Shakermaker

8,013 posts

38 months

Wednesday 13th December 2017
quotequote all
Lord Marylebone said:
That doesn't annoy me as much as those fking weirdo men you see wearing a pair of shorts with black tights under them.

They are they type that wear 'shorts all the time' but when the weather gets too cold for shorts like it is right now, they don't just put a pair of trousers on like a sane person, but they put some odd looking black tights on then their sodding shorts over the top.

Can anyone explain what the hell that is all about?

One of the guys who works in the building opposite me is currently dressed like that every day without fail. Hoodie, Gilet/Bodywarmer, shorts, some women's tights and a pair of trainers.

If you are cold then PUT SOME fkING TROUSERS ON.
I know a chap who wears them - they are compression tights, which you'll probably find they wear under their trousers as well.

In his words - he made some bad lifestyle choices in his early 20s whilst he was at uni and subsequently moved out of his parents house, with regards to food, drink, smoking, basically, everything he ate came from a take-away or was cooked in butter/oil and vegetables were not a consideration etc.

As a result, despite him now having a much healthier lifestyle and diet in his mid 30s, the damage he did to his veins/arteries has been so bad that he has to wear these tights to keep the blood flowing properly around him.

So it could be those.

kowalski655

7,884 posts

81 months

Wednesday 13th December 2017
quotequote all
smartypants said:
I lost the new thread, I wondered what happened to all you miserable buggers!

Anyway, WTF is this new tradition that seems to have cropped up all over the place?



It's the new pampas grass. Get stuck in!

V8mate

41,636 posts

127 months

Wednesday 13th December 2017
quotequote all
kowalski655 said:
smartypants said:
I lost the new thread, I wondered what happened to all you miserable buggers!

Anyway, WTF is this new tradition that seems to have cropped up all over the place?



It's the new pampas grass. Get stuck in!
I think smartypants came home early from work to find that on his own front door!

smartypants

38,350 posts

107 months

Wednesday 13th December 2017
quotequote all
I feel left out.

I should get one to go with the wind-chimes.


generationx

2,068 posts

43 months

Wednesday 13th December 2017
quotequote all
V8mate said:
kowalski655 said:
smartypants said:
I lost the new thread, I wondered what happened to all you miserable buggers!

Anyway, WTF is this new tradition that seems to have cropped up all over the place?



It's the new pampas grass. Get stuck in!
I think smartypants came home early from work to find that on his own front door!
These monstrocities seem to have been popping up all over Darkest Essex during the last couple of Christmases. Definitely one for the Council thread, especially if adorning windows too.
Advertisement

Jos Notstoppen

416 posts

79 months

Wednesday 13th December 2017
quotequote all
generationx said:
These monstrocities seem to have been popping up all over Darkest Essex during the last couple of Christmases. Definitely one for the Council thread, especially if adorning windows too.
Saw one today in Sussex.

Ladies hairdressing shop

Jbeale96

275 posts

33 months

Thursday 14th December 2017
quotequote all
This fat ass motherfker who works in the same building at me. Our toilets have 2 cubicles only. When he comes in and both cubicles are occupied, instead of leaving and walking up 1 flight of stairs to the next one like everybody else he will fking stand there talking to himself, grunting and breathing like Darth Vader.

Then when the guy in the other cubicle finishes before you, you have to sit there and listen to the Herculean effort he puts in just to take his fking trousers off, grunting, snorting and just generally being a vile while he does it.

I am so glad I don't work in the same team as him because you just know he's the type to eat a microwave burger at his desk at lunch time and spill grease and god knows what all over his keyboard.

V8mate

41,636 posts

127 months

Thursday 14th December 2017
quotequote all
Jbeale96 said:
This fat ass motherfker who works in the same building at me. Our toilets have 2 cubicles only. When he comes in and both cubicles are occupied, instead of leaving and walking up 1 flight of stairs to the next one like everybody else he will fking stand there talking to himself, grunting and breathing like Darth Vader.

Then when the guy in the other cubicle finishes before you, you have to sit there and listen to the Herculean effort he puts in just to take his fking trousers off, grunting, snorting and just generally being a vile while he does it.

I am so glad I don't work in the same team as him because you just know he's the type to eat a microwave burger at his desk at lunch time and spill grease and god knows what all over his keyboard.
Sounds like you've got a bit of a crush on him, mate. wink

Jbeale96

275 posts

33 months

Thursday 14th December 2017
quotequote all
V8mate said:
Sounds like you've got a bit of a crush on him, mate. wink
rofl

I’d rather fk a cheese grater.

Clockwork Cupcake

58,438 posts

210 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
When people post a screenshot from their phone and the battery bar is less than 25%.


dromong

678 posts

158 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
Probably way out on a limb with this one, Those adverts for thick chocolate covered ice creams lollies and the camera comes right in close to a mouth biting into it and the noise of the cracking chocolate amplified to the max, that noise for me is........ aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhshoot

Dr Murdoch

2,343 posts

73 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
Lord Marylebone said:
That doesn't annoy me as much as those fking weirdo men you see wearing a pair of shorts with black tights under them.

They are they type that wear 'shorts all the time' but when the weather gets too cold for shorts like it is right now, they don't just put a pair of trousers on like a sane person, but they put some odd looking black tights on then their sodding shorts over the top.

Can anyone explain what the hell that is all about?

One of the guys who works in the building opposite me is currently dressed like that every day without fail. Hoodie, Gilet/Bodywarmer, shorts, some women's tights and a pair of trainers.

If you are cold then PUT SOME fkING TROUSERS ON.
Runners do this. Why?

Because if its too cold for just shorts, but they feel a tad 'exposed' (both front and rear) when wearing running tights.

Tracksuit bottoms are not comfortable when running and sort of distance, let alone normal trousers.

You really wouldn't want to see my jiggling ass as I pass you on the pavement eek

So they are actually doing you and your eyes, a favour....

Cotty

33,259 posts

222 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
generationx said:
These monstrocities seem to have been popping up all over Darkest Essex during the last couple of Christmases. Definitely one for the Council thread, especially if adorning windows too.
Guy I work with got home from work to find one those bows on his front door. Yes he comes from Essex.

FourWheelDrift

75,942 posts

222 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
Plague must be back in town if they have red crosses on their doors.


SGirl

7,742 posts

199 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
dro said:
Probably way out on a limb with this one, Those adverts for thick chocolate covered ice creams lollies and the camera comes right in close to a mouth biting into it and the noise of the cracking chocolate amplified to the max, that noise for me is........ aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhshoot
This, definitely this. And in fact, all "food noise" on TV - pouring drinks, crunching crisps, anything. Oh, and the stupid music they have on Masterchef which is punctuated by a "chop" sound accompanied by a visual of one of the chefs cutting something in half. Just stoppit!!

And since I'm here and on the subject - noisy eating. Especially the kind accompanied by vocalised expressions of enjoyment. "Om nom"? Get out!! rage

dromong

678 posts

158 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
SGirl said:
dro said:
Probably way out on a limb with this one, Those adverts for thick chocolate covered ice creams lollies and the camera comes right in close to a mouth biting into it and the noise of the cracking chocolate amplified to the max, that noise for me is........ aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhshoot
This, definitely this. And in fact, all "food noise" on TV - pouring drinks, crunching crisps, anything. Oh, and the stupid music they have on Masterchef which is punctuated by a "chop" sound accompanied by a visual of one of the chefs cutting something in half. Just stoppit!!

And since I'm here and on the subject - noisy eating. Especially the kind accompanied by vocalised expressions of enjoyment. "Om nom"? Get out!! rage
You will be with me on the Pringles advert then....shootshootshootshoot

SlimJim16v

2,017 posts

81 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
SGirl said:
dro said:
Probably way out on a limb with this one, Those adverts for thick chocolate covered ice creams lollies and the camera comes right in close to a mouth biting into it and the noise of the cracking chocolate amplified to the max, that noise for me is........ aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhshoot
This, definitely this. And in fact, all "food noise" on TV - pouring drinks, crunching crisps, anything. Oh, and the stupid music they have on Masterchef which is punctuated by a "chop" sound accompanied by a visual of one of the chefs cutting something in half. Just stoppit!!

And since I'm here and on the subject - noisy eating. Especially the kind accompanied by vocalised expressions of enjoyment. "Om nom"? Get out!! rage
My son also hates this, has to leave the room if someone is eating crisps or anything noisy. Apparently it's a recognized medical condition, can't remember what it's called though.

talksthetorque

5,657 posts

73 months

Friday 15th December 2017
quotequote all
SlimJim16v said:
My son also hates this, has to leave the room if someone is eating crisps or anything noisy. Apparently it's a recognized medical condition, can't remember what it's called though.
Misophonia. My work colleague has it. We both work from home and have Skype open during the day.
He loves it when the other half fetches me a bowl of crisps.

However. Had to fetch my own today.


Edited by talksthetorque on Friday 15th December 16:10

mp3manager

4,254 posts

134 months

Saturday 16th December 2017
quotequote all
People on here who can't hold a phone properly when they take a picture. They post it here and it's the wrong way round.


Smart phone, dumb user.

nonsequitur

7,564 posts

54 months

Saturday 16th December 2017
quotequote all
mp3manager said:
People on here who can't hold a phone properly when they take a picture. They post it here and it's the wrong way round.


Smart phone, dumb user.
Biting the hand that feeds us.:thumbupburger