How big is where you live?

How big is where you live?

Poll: How big is where you live?

Total Members Polled: 730

London/inside the M25: 10%
Major city (approx 500k upwards): 9%
Large Town to Moderate City (100k-500k): 12%
Moderate to Large Town (20k - 100k): 16%
Large Village/Small town (5k - 20k): 25%
The arse end of nowhere!!: 28%
Author
Discussion

Chris Type R

4,400 posts

194 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
I live in a village/town, but 2 miles from a city (in name), 5 miles from a city (not in name) and 30 miles from London.

'It's complicated'.

eldar

12,766 posts

141 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
ROSSinHD said:
I live on an Island of approx 100,000 people.
I live on an island with approx 60,000,000 people.

GetCarter

26,723 posts

224 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
There are 3 full time residents in my postcode. Me, the wife and Bert the dog.

I think that is pretty much arse end.

Shuvi McTupya

22,763 posts

192 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
GetCarter said:
There are 3 full time residents in my postcode. Me, the wife and Bert the dog.

I think that is pretty much arse end.
That's what you get for living in such a depressing st hole, you probably don't even have a Greggs within walking distance.



GetCarter

26,723 posts

224 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Shuvi McTupya said:
GetCarter said:
There are 3 full time residents in my postcode. Me, the wife and Bert the dog.

I think that is pretty much arse end.
That's what you get for living in such a depressing st hole, you probably don't even have a Greggs within walking distance.
Indeed. Nearest Greggs is a 5 day round trip (by foot). It's a nightmare.

Shuvi McTupya

22,763 posts

192 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
GetCarter said:
Indeed. Nearest Greggs is a 5 day round trip (by foot). It's a nightmare.
Do you play the post code lottery? I don't but i would if I had my very own postcode!

Tango13

5,376 posts

121 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
It's supposedly a town but the population is a fraction over 2000 so in really just a small village.

Jasandjules

63,049 posts

174 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Small village. We don't even have a shop.

GetCarter

26,723 posts

224 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Shuvi McTupya said:
GetCarter said:
Indeed. Nearest Greggs is a 5 day round trip (by foot). It's a nightmare.
Do you play the post code lottery? I don't but i would if I had my very own postcode!
Unfortunately it's population sensitive, so I'm no more likely to win than someone in London.

Bob-iylho

95 posts

51 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
had ham said:
Leafy rural village of 1.5k folk In East Hertfordshire, 30 miles north of London. Rural, but very easy to get into London - 1hr 10 mins house door to desk in Blackfriars.
Very nice village, I'm down the road in the little version byebye

HD Adam

4,368 posts

129 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
I suppose of those options I pick Major City as it's 6.7 million people.

I live in Houston biggrin

SPR2

2,989 posts

141 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
oddball1313 said:
About 670 in my village (halfway between Oakham and Stamford)
Exton?

Shuvi McTupya

22,763 posts

192 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
GetCarter said:
Unfortunately it's population sensitive, so I'm no more likely to win than someone in London.
Yes, but i thought that the prize was divvied up between everyone in your postcode that had a winning ticket, you would get it all, and there would be no reason to buy more than one ticket (if I understand it correctly)

GetCarter

26,723 posts

224 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Shuvi McTupya said:
GetCarter said:
Unfortunately it's population sensitive, so I'm no more likely to win than someone in London.
Yes, but i thought that the prize was divvied up between everyone in your postcode that had a winning ticket, you would get it all, and there would be no reason to buy more than one ticket (if I understand it correctly)
Well yes, and I may be wrong, but the trouble is, I'm MASSIVELY less likely to win, as my postcode has 3 v. +/- 300,000.

If I win, I get the lot, but let's face it, I'm more likely to be a clown in Gerry Cottle's Circus.

wink

Mexman

1,582 posts

29 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Small Cornish hamlet, 25 houses or so, no shop, no fuel station, no village stores, nowt, nothing.
Peace and quite.
Lovely.

Shuvi McTupya

22,763 posts

192 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
GetCarter said:
Well yes, and I may be wrong, but the trouble is, I'm MASSIVELY less likely to win, as my postcode has 3 v. +/- 300,000.

If I win, I get the lot, but let's face it, I'm more likely to be a clown in Gerry Cottle's Circus.

wink
Ah, i see what you mean smile


john2443

4,417 posts

156 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
GetCarter said:
Indeed. Nearest Greggs is a 5 day round trip (by foot). It's a nightmare.
That's awful - where do you get your vegan sausage rolls from!

otolith

38,520 posts

149 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
john2443 said:
GetCarter said:
Indeed. Nearest Greggs is a 5 day round trip (by foot). It's a nightmare.
That's awful - where do you get your vegan sausage rolls from!
He shoots any vegans who come onto his land, and cooks them.

speedyguy

4,075 posts

148 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Jasandjules said:
Small village. We don't even have a shop.
Phhhtt 15,000 live here and they have now shut the last bank. Used to be at least 3.

Norfolkit

2,219 posts

135 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Small village, 50/60 houses, walk a couple of hundred yards in one direction and you get wet feet courtesy of the North sea, at certain times of the year there are more seals than people. No shop/doctor/filling station, nearest about 5 miles away, 2 excellent pubs within a 30 minute walk, 2 buses per week, strangely fast broadband 65 up/20 down, totally ignored by both district and county councils, if something needs fixing we tend to do it ourselves, zero crime in the time we've lived here, beautiful in summer, bit challenging in winter and almost 100% for Brexit.