A bit council (Vol 4)

A bit council (Vol 4)

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

Supercilious Sid

2,024 posts

128 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
Back of the net!

Finally, some recognition. Yes, it was horrific. The walk to the Tesco express through the underpass was genuinely alarming.
Well if you need a recommendation to a better hotel in town just shout. I really wouldn't like to stay in that area. It is quite lawless.
Saying that Southampton now smells like Paris- of stale piss.

Roofless Toothless

3,569 posts

99 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
techiedave said:
Front garden ?

The brick wall is a masterpiece, isn't it? I love the way the frogs in the bricks have been left exposed to add that extra decorative effect.

Puggit

44,598 posts

215 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
Back of the net!

Finally, some recognition. Yes, it was horrific. The walk to the Tesco express through the underpass was genuinely alarming.
Try doing it as an away football fan... oops, totally council....

paulguitar

12,012 posts

80 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Supercilious Sid said:
Well if you need a recommendation to a better hotel in town just shout. I really wouldn't like to stay in that area. It is quite lawless.
Saying that Southampton now smells like Paris- of stale piss.
That's where a major UK cruise line put me. I am not going to shame them by saying who they are!

My regular employers usually put me in a better place that looks sort of like a pyramid.



Supercilious Sid

2,024 posts

128 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
That's where a major UK cruise line put me. I am not going to shame them by saying who they are!

My regular employers usually put me in a better place that looks sort of like a pyramid.
Ah the Grand Harbour. Rumoured to be on the site of a GI VD hospital in WW2. Probably untrue but the GIs scratched their names on the wall outside and the names are still there.

paulguitar

12,012 posts

80 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Supercilious Sid said:
Ah the Grand Harbour. Rumoured to be on the site of a GI VD hospital in WW2.
yuck

Frank7

6,619 posts

54 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Supercilious Sid said:
Well if you need a recommendation to a better hotel in town just shout. I really wouldn't like to stay in that area. It is quite lawless.
Saying that Southampton now smells like Paris- of stale piss.
Perhaps you meant Bucharest, capital of Romania, known as Little Paris of the East?
We spend a lot of time in Paris, love the place, I have relatives there.
It’s certainly got dirtier over the past 10-15 years, but I asked my wife’s opinion, she suggested that perhaps your nose is too near your fly.

ApOrbital

8,612 posts

85 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Your nose is too near your fly confused

Tango13

6,294 posts

143 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Dog Star said:
Dog Star said:
Mrs DS knows both what I like and that I will starve to death rather than cook.

The consequence.... The Slag of Snacks ...


Oh my god! yikes I took that picture on Thursday. It's now Monday morning.
There are THREE of those Pot Noogles left.

What have I become?


Genuine, top quality Pot Noodle horn, no test pilots, no tyre kickers, 1st to see will buy...

Dog Star

12,767 posts

135 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Tango13 said:


Genuine, top quality Pot Noodle horn, no test pilots, no tyre kickers, 1st to see will buy...
rofl

I bow to you, sir!

Frank7

6,619 posts

54 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
ApOrbital said:
Your nose is too near your fly confused
Was fly too confusing?
The zip at the front of your strides, that you pull down, to enable you to urinate.
ETA, actually the flap/opening of the strides, after the zip has been lowered.

Edited by Frank7 on Monday 22 July 22:46

George Smiley

5,048 posts

48 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
PositronicRay said:
Missing the point quadruple greenshield stamps.
Not only that, he gets double points for the lack of exclamation mark and the use of a lowercase f for fk.

independentLee

1,027 posts

163 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
techiedave said:
Front garden ?

Matches the owner's teeth? (Like a bombed village).

Supercilious Sid

2,024 posts

128 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
ApOrbital said:
Your nose is too near your fly confused
It puts me in mind of the French phrase

Péter plus haut que son cul !

for some reason.

Wildcat45

7,577 posts

156 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
The roots of council. It started harmlessly enough. Five decades on, we have flat roof pub council....

https://youtu.be/ZtcvawTl9Z8





yanyan

444 posts

179 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
independentLee said:
techiedave said:
Front garden ?

Matches the owner's teeth? (Like a bombed village).
Anyone else notice that the amount of tatts councilistas have is usually inversely proportionate to the number of teeth in their heads?

lemmingjames

6,775 posts

171 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
Was fly too confusing?
The zip at the front of your strides, that you pull down, to enable you to urinate.
ETA, actually the flap/opening of the strides, after the zip has been lowered.

Edited by Frank7 on Monday 22 July 22:46
zip fly = council

SpeckledJim

25,723 posts

220 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
yanyan said:
Anyone else notice that the amount of tatts councilistas have is usually inversely proportionate to the number of teeth in their heads?
With that kind of windfall from the Tooth Fairy, it was inevitable.

George Smiley

5,048 posts

48 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
lemmingjames said:
zip fly = council
black cab driver

Frank7

6,619 posts

54 months

Tuesday 23rd July 2019
quotequote all
George Smiley said:
lemmingjames said:
zip fly = council
black cab driver
Now I’m confused, all my strides, save for a pair of old button fly 501s, which I can still manage to get into, have a zip fly, and I’m about as council as Jacob Rees-Mogg.
Does having been a Black Cab driver mean that I’m more likely to be council?
I was born in a council house, and I’ve lived in a couple when I was relatively poor, but within 18 months of getting my green badge, I bought my first house, later I upgraded, and I’ve never had a trampoline or a sofa or washing line in any of my front or back yards.

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED