How long have you missed out.

How long have you missed out.

Author
Discussion

shirt

19,156 posts

148 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Given this is PH, motorbikes.

Had my car license 21 yrs. Never ridden a proper motorbike (scooters don’t count) or thought much about them until recently. So far this year I’ve attended a WSB race (misano), MotoGP (TT Assen) and am typing this having just finished my theory for (local equivalent of) direct access. Helmet, gloves and boots are in the hallway and I may even buy a bike this weekend.

Cotty

34,220 posts

231 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
shirt said:
Given this is PH, motorbikes.

Had my car license 21 yrs. Never ridden a proper motorbike (scooters don’t count) or thought much about them until recently. So far this year I’ve attended a WSB race (misano), MotoGP (TT Assen) and am typing this having just finished my theory for (local equivalent of) direct access. Helmet, gloves and boots are in the hallway and I may even buy a bike this weekend.
My dad, god rest his soul, was a motor claims underwriter for 25 years before going into injury rehabilitation as a profession. I have ridden a scrambler in a field for a few minutes but will never drive a bike on the road.

shirt

19,156 posts

148 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Yeah I get all that. My dad and uncle were bikers until the latter had a nasty accident, neither have ridden since. That was in my childhood so parents were always very against it.

I’m learning in dubai, UK will be a Doddle by comparison

Frank7

3,843 posts

34 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
rossub said:
Never drunk a cup of Coffee in my 42 year life

Concerned I must be missing out, as my colleagues fail to be able to do anything productive without it confused
It’s my considered opinion that you are definitely missing out.
I live by the mantra that I once heard Dan Conner, (in TVs Roseanne”), utter,
“Is there life before coffee?”
If you decide to try it, go for something good, not instant, although I’ve
heard that there are some good instants on the market now, but I graduated
from instant to percolated, and French pressed circa 15 years of age.

Astacus

2,712 posts

181 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Turn7 said:
Ahh, yes...reminds me of drinking half a bottle of Beefeater Gin.......cant abide the smell of Gin at all since!
Some bd made me a half pint of mostly Martini when I was about 17. I can't even smell the stuff Simon Paine I am looking at you!

PAULJ5555

Original Poster:

3,452 posts

123 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
227bhp said:
I've never understood people who dismiss stuff they've never tried, it's just weird.
We had this conversation in work and one bloke said to us other straight/married men how do you know you dont like sex with another man if you have never tried it. You could be missing out.

So we agreed and all met up in a hotel for the night and we all had a..................I'm joking.

carboy2017

480 posts

25 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
yogurt till I was 27 years old as I had that notion it was not tasty,now I have one daily -smile

CopperBolt

105 posts

14 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
james-witton said:
For me it’s marmalade.
Used to pass by it for the usual jams.
Then after 50 years on this earth I tried it.

Wowser!
Tried it with cheese in a sandwich yet? Its a real thing.

GetCarter

26,822 posts

226 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
CopperBolt said:
james-witton said:
For me it’s marmalade.
Used to pass by it for the usual jams.
Then after 50 years on this earth I tried it.

Wowser!
Tried it with cheese in a sandwich yet? Its a real thing.
Talking of which it took me years to discover peanut butter, marmite and cucumber on toast. The best ever.

carguy45

195 posts

111 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Gin. Everywhere I go these days people seem to be drinking it. Fancy glasses, hundreds of different brands, it's very much the 'in' drink - at least in the places I frequent. I've smelt it once and it smelt vile, so I've never wanted to taste it. I stick to beer/whiskey when out but sometimes feel the odd one out.

Frank7

3,843 posts

34 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Never eaten in, or had take out from, McDonalds, KFC, or Burger King.
Went in a McDonalds in the U.S. once, to use the Wi-Fi, and had coffee.
Had a burger in a Wendy’s once in the U.S., but I was ravenous, I’d have had a squirrel sandwich if one had been offered to me at the time.

The Mad Monk

5,849 posts

64 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
Never eaten in, or had take out from, McDonalds, KFC, or Burger King.
Went in a McDonalds in the U.S. once, to use the Wi-Fi, and had coffee.
Had a burger in a Wendy’s once in the U.S., but I was ravenous, I’d have had a squirrel sandwich if one had been offered to me at the time.
W'spoons?

Frank7

3,843 posts

34 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
The Mad Monk said:
Frank7 said:
Never eaten in, or had take out from, McDonalds, KFC, or Burger King.
Went in a McDonalds in the U.S. once, to use the Wi-Fi, and had coffee.
Had a burger in a Wendy’s once in the U.S., but I was ravenous, I’d have had a squirrel sandwich if one had been offered to me at the time.
W'spoons?
Once, in Canterbury, with my brother-in-law holding a gun to my head,
never again, as sure as God made little green apples.

so called

7,264 posts

156 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
French cars.
I never really liked the styling and so rarely, excepting Alpine etc, gave them a second glance or consideration.
20 years ago I bought my wife a Peugeot 306 Pininfarina Cabriolet.
It was 11 months old with 175 miles on the clock.

I was aware that there was some damage to the roof material caused by a sharp edge on the body panel seal which happened each time you raised or lowered the roof.
I was working in Switzerland at the time and actually saw the same problem on their show car in Geneva.

As it was only 11 months old, I called Peugeot UK to make a warranty claim.
The 'Lady' who answered told me that I had a "down right cheek to try to claim with only three weeks left on the warranty".

That was my last French car.

I have to say though, there are some lovely designs on the road these last two or three years.

borcy

558 posts

3 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
carguy45 said:
Gin. Everywhere I go these days people seem to be drinking it. Fancy glasses, hundreds of different brands, it's very much the 'in' drink - at least in the places I frequent. I've smelt it once and it smelt vile, so I've never wanted to taste it. I stick to beer/whiskey when out but sometimes feel the odd one out.
I think all spirits taste unpleasant neat. One reason i couldn't drink whiskey, the smell would put me off.

CharlieH89

8,510 posts

112 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Coffee up until the age of 28.
I don’t know how I survived without it tbh.

Biker's Nemesis

36,030 posts

155 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
I never drank Coffee until I was about 46 years old. (8 years ago)

The Mad Monk

5,849 posts

64 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
Once, in Canterbury, with my brother-in-law holding a gun to my head,
never again, as sure as God made little green apples.
I tell you what Frank, as I am a nice man, if you come down to leafy Surrey, I will take you into a Wetherspoons and buy you a pint.

I think you will enjoy it.

RumbleOfThunder

2,933 posts

150 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
The Mad Monk said:
Frank7 said:
Never eaten in, or had take out from, McDonalds, KFC, or Burger King.
Went in a McDonalds in the U.S. once, to use the Wi-Fi, and had coffee.
Had a burger in a Wendy’s once in the U.S., but I was ravenous, I’d have had a squirrel sandwich if one had been offered to me at the time.
W'spoons?
Once, in Canterbury, with my brother-in-law holding a gun to my head,
never again, as sure as God made little green apples.
Don't want to be funny Frank but you have some self improvement to do!

Europa1

9,102 posts

135 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
Once, in Canterbury, with my brother-in-law holding a gun to my head,
never again, as sure as God made little green apples.
Well, I'm not surprised.

Next time, don't go with your brother-in-law or tell him to leave the gun at home. You'll be able to relax and enjoy it properly.