A bit council (Vol 5)

A bit council (Vol 5)

Author
Discussion

Bluedot

3,064 posts

84 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
dudleybloke said:
Disco You said:


https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-expelled...

Even the kid has a 10/10 compo face.
I'm wondering, Woodrow, Matchbrough or Church Hill?
Is that the kids name or where he comes from ?

Mr lestat

3,661 posts

167 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Sway said:
The former USSR states definitely have some 'appeals' in terms of the feminine form.

My theory is that it is genetic selection. Driven by the very low ratio of men to women in former Soviet states.



So. Men can be picky, women 'can't'. Men, being wonderfully fallible chaps like we are, pick the fitties. They then pass on their genes.

I have a similar theory regarding the seemingly much higher than average 'boob to waist ratio' of a certain culture of caravan utilising nomadic travellers, who engage in a practice of essentially grabbing a fitty and making off with them.

Because huge norks are clearly desirable to the men of that culture, those are the women who are grabbed, and therefore the positive selection for massive badongas with tiny waists continues to self reinforce.
And getting them done at a plastic surgeon

eldar

18,410 posts

173 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
take-good-care-of-the-forest-dewey said:
Surely both valid as whilst accepted as a noun, it's also an accronym.

You wouldn't say 'an Sports Utility Vehicle'.
Inability to spell acronym, council.

CharlesdeGaulle

21,473 posts

157 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
DodgyGeezer said:
Disco You said:


https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-expelled...

Even the kid has a 10/10 compo face.
can't spell his own name??? That's disgraceful 'parenting'
Especially as its only a 3 letter word. For sure it won't be Zaccharia or Zachary.

944 Man

1,277 posts

109 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Om said:
Its Just Adz said:
Om said:
Rossendale. Council.
Not as bad as Bacup.
Cringe.
Indeed. Guess where my parents came from...
Lancashire: council.

LukeBrown66

2,235 posts

23 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Three blokes around a car port smoking, and starting their awfully modified car up about 5 times in 4 hours, when there is a flat literally 5 steps away. This happens UNDER my flat, joys of living in dump parts of towns full of distribution centres

take-good-care-of-the-forest-dewey

2,572 posts

32 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
eldar said:
take-good-care-of-the-forest-dewey said:
Surely both valid as whilst accepted as a noun, it's also an accronym.

You wouldn't say 'an Sports Utility Vehicle'.
Inability to spell acronym, council.
touché... I shall infform ggoogle thattt its auto-correct is poor.

gtidriver

2,994 posts

164 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
AstonZagato said:
FatboyKim said:
Stan the Bat said:
Have seen jeans and T shirts at funerals..

A step too far imho.
What, that's not normal? I've been to many a family funeral over the years where cousins turn up in such attire, or black tracksuits and black trainers (respectful innit). Two cousins have been murdered in the last 2 or 3 years (knives and gangs), one of which holds the title of 2021's first murder victim within the early hours of New Year's Day when his girlfriend stabbed him in a drunken episode. 6 kids in the house at the time as well from what I remember, and the rest of the tribe were outside the Crown Court with t-shirts made up reading '#Justice4[cousin's name]' alongside a charming picture of him. He'd not long got out of prison for armed robbery, and prior to that was doing bird for stabbing someone else, so quite sadly poetic that his life was ended in the same way.

Tip of the iceberg, and I could probably win this thread with some of the stories and things I've seen back in Dagenham laugh

I moved away from Dagenham as soon as I possibly could, but something inside me still enjoys going back and seeing such people, and seeing the sights, sounds and smells of 'Nham
When my aunt died, her only 20 something grandson turned up to the funeral in jeans, open-necked shirt, leather jacket and trainers. My cousin (the mother) must have seen the looks he was getting and weakly blurted out "it's what he's comfortable wearing" by way of explanation.
Overindulging your children - council.
I wear the same next t-shirts and the same Craghopper shorts all year round, I just keep buying them and chucking(the wife does) old ones out, some people may call me a tramp/weirdo/pauper etc, I prefer to spend my not hard earned on Festool toolssmile BUT if I have to go to Funeral I wear a suit.. the last Funeral I went to some lad turned up in a very very once may have been white t-shirt and a pair of old jogging bottoms and old filthy trainers.. he was chain smoking before and after so had a few quid to burn, just not to clothe himself correctly for the occasion.

hidetheelephants

19,227 posts

170 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
Sway said:
The former USSR states definitely have some 'appeals' in terms of the feminine form.

My theory is that it is genetic selection. Driven by the very low ratio of men to women in former Soviet states.



So. Men can be picky, women 'can't'. Men, being wonderfully fallible chaps like we are, pick the fitties. They then pass on their genes.

I have a similar theory regarding the seemingly much higher than average 'boob to waist ratio' of a certain culture of caravan utilising nomadic travellers, who engage in a practice of essentially grabbing a fitty and making off with them.

Because huge norks are clearly desirable to the men of that culture, those are the women who are grabbed, and therefore the positive selection for massive badongas with tiny waists continues to self reinforce.
Former sovbloc has a female>>>male ratio because the men disproportionately drink, smoke and industrial accident themselves into an early grave.

MYOB

4,175 posts

115 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
gtidriver said:
AstonZagato said:
FatboyKim said:
Stan the Bat said:
Have seen jeans and T shirts at funerals..

A step too far imho.
What, that's not normal? I've been to many a family funeral over the years where cousins turn up in such attire, or black tracksuits and black trainers (respectful innit). Two cousins have been murdered in the last 2 or 3 years (knives and gangs), one of which holds the title of 2021's first murder victim within the early hours of New Year's Day when his girlfriend stabbed him in a drunken episode. 6 kids in the house at the time as well from what I remember, and the rest of the tribe were outside the Crown Court with t-shirts made up reading '#Justice4[cousin's name]' alongside a charming picture of him. He'd not long got out of prison for armed robbery, and prior to that was doing bird for stabbing someone else, so quite sadly poetic that his life was ended in the same way.

Tip of the iceberg, and I could probably win this thread with some of the stories and things I've seen back in Dagenham laugh

I moved away from Dagenham as soon as I possibly could, but something inside me still enjoys going back and seeing such people, and seeing the sights, sounds and smells of 'Nham
When my aunt died, her only 20 something grandson turned up to the funeral in jeans, open-necked shirt, leather jacket and trainers. My cousin (the mother) must have seen the looks he was getting and weakly blurted out "it's what he's comfortable wearing" by way of explanation.
Overindulging your children - council.
I wear the same next t-shirts and the same Craghopper shorts all year round, I just keep buying them and chucking(the wife does) old ones out, some people may call me a tramp/weirdo/pauper etc, I prefer to spend my not hard earned on Festool toolssmile BUT if I have to go to Funeral I wear a suit.. the last Funeral I went to some lad turned up in a very very once may have been white t-shirt and a pair of old jogging bottoms and old filthy trainers.. he was chain smoking before and after so had a few quid to burn, just not to clothe himself correctly for the occasion.
Who’s to say what the correct attire ought to be for funerals? Why should some deem it necessary to wear black or dark suits? It’s a hangover from the stuffy Victorian era that we as a society is slowly moving on from. My Irish Catholic family in Ireland wear their everyday clothes to funerals. Those that have emigrated to the US or the UK will invariably wear the dark suits.

Society standards dictated that I wore dark suits previously until the last funeral I went to when I decided to wear what I wanted, which was tan chinos, shoes and a white shirt. I didn’t give a toss what others thought. Was I out of place? Yes! Did it show a lack of respect to the deceased? I don’t think so.




Piersman2

6,343 posts

176 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
hidetheelephants said:
Sway said:
The former USSR states definitely have some 'appeals' in terms of the feminine form.

My theory is that it is genetic selection. Driven by the very low ratio of men to women in former Soviet states.



So. Men can be picky, women 'can't'. Men, being wonderfully fallible chaps like we are, pick the fitties. They then pass on their genes.

I have a similar theory regarding the seemingly much higher than average 'boob to waist ratio' of a certain culture of caravan utilising nomadic travellers, who engage in a practice of essentially grabbing a fitty and making off with them.

Because huge norks are clearly desirable to the men of that culture, those are the women who are grabbed, and therefore the positive selection for massive badongas with tiny waists continues to self reinforce.
Former sovbloc has a female>>>male ratio because the men disproportionately drink, smoke and industrial accident themselves into an early grave.
I spent a few months working in Moscow a few years back. The 'average' Russian lady was equivalent to a very fit lady over here and we reckoned it was down to the diet which mainly seemed to consist mainly of cabbage and pork, and them walking everywhere!

Anyways, even the normal office working girls were exceptionally well proportioned. smile

green911

129 posts

186 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
eldar said:
take-good-care-of-the-forest-dewey said:
Surely both valid as whilst accepted as a noun, it's also an accronym.

You wouldn't say 'an Sports Utility Vehicle'.
Inability to spell acronym, council.
Correcting spelling, but ignoring incorrect use of the word, council

DodgyGeezer

31,039 posts

167 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
MYOB said:
Who’s to say what the correct attire ought to be for funerals? Why should some deem it necessary to wear black or dark suits? It’s a hangover from the stuffy Victorian era that we as a society is slowly moving on from. My Irish Catholic family in Ireland wear their everyday clothes to funerals. Those that have emigrated to the US or the UK will invariably wear the dark suits.

Society standards dictated that I wore dark suits previously until the last funeral I went to when I decided to wear what I wanted, which was tan chinos, shoes and a white shirt. I didn’t give a toss what others thought. Was I out of place? Yes! Did it show a lack of respect to the deceased? I don’t think so.
^^^ this. Funerals are stty affairs anyway I can see why someone (who may feel dreadful) chooses to dress in a manner which makes them feel less so

Dog Star

13,933 posts

145 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
Is this council? Or just fantastic?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ccdof0vFEzY/?igshid...


cuprabob

11,055 posts

191 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
Dog Star said:
Is this council? Or just fantastic?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ccdof0vFEzY/?igshid...
Both smile

Pit Pony

5,744 posts

98 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
Flibble said:
Pit Pony said:
Aren't al beaches tidal?
Only if they're in the sea (unless it's the Med).
Is is a beach if it's a lake ? More of a bank.

DodgyGeezer

31,039 posts

167 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
cuprabob said:
Dog Star said:
Is this council? Or just fantastic?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ccdof0vFEzY/?igshid...
Both smile
kinda looks fun too

Mr E

20,769 posts

236 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
DodgyGeezer said:
^^^ this. Funerals are stty affairs anyway I can see why someone (who may feel dreadful) chooses to dress in a manner which makes them feel less so
There’s a picture somewhere on the Internet of a young man attending the funeral of his best mate in a lime green dress.
When they got posted somewhere hot, they agreed that if either bought it, the other would attend in a dress.

The poor guy is in bits and being comforted by the father of the deceased.

I don’t give a fk what you wear.

MattsCar

428 posts

82 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
In town the other day, kid (about 12 years old) runs past me and dashes a handful of stones/ rocks against the shopping centre window. Makes one hell of a clatter.

So I say to him, what the f are you doing...

To which he replies, "well I didn't break anything, so what is the problem"...

So I give him a bit of a lecture and tell him not to be a prick.

At that point, 20 seconds later, fat mum in leggings, grandma and the well hard dad arrive and start having a go at me for "swearing at him". I explained what he did. "Yeah me saw it". laugh

Utterly amazed.

ETA- not sure if this is even council. Just terrible parenting.



Edited by MattsCar on Saturday 14th May 21:57

HTP99

19,611 posts

117 months

Sunday 15th May
quotequote all
MattsCar said:
In town the other day, kid (about 12 years old) runs past me and dashes a handful of stones/ rocks against the shopping centre window. Makes one hell of a clatter.

So I say to him, what the f are you doing...

To which he replies, "well I didn't break anything, so what is the problem"...

So I give him a bit of a lecture and tell him not to be a prick.

At that point, 20 seconds later, fat mum in leggings, grandma and the well hard dad arrive and start having a go at me for "swearing at him". I explained what he did. "Yeah me saw it". laugh

Utterly amazed.

ETA- not sure if this is even council. Just terrible parenting.
Edited by MattsCar on Saturday 14th May 21:57
Swearing at a child............