The Official Liverpool FC Thread [Vol 15]

The Official Liverpool FC Thread [Vol 15]

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

ChocolateFrog

5,698 posts

118 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Adam B said:
What are our preferences for the Spurs v Utd game guys?

Other than my usual 0-0 and a meteor strike I am torn - would be nice to capsize the OGS glee wagon and dent their top 4 chances, but also good for Spurs to fall further behind

I guess the division of 2 points better than either getting 3 but I think Utd would see that as a good result (rightly)
Draw, and hope they hack 10 bells out of each other.

ChocolateFrog

5,698 posts

118 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Flip Martian said:
Chris Stott said:
The pathetic attempts at wumming are why I seldom post outside match days anymore. There are a couple of posters who clearly have no self awareness... they think they are hilariously clever/funny... reality is they just come across as s.
Echo that.
Agreed. Skipped over the last 5 pages. Don't mind so much if it's actually funny, or vaguely relevant. The UTD wummer comes across as particularly sad.

ChocolateFrog

5,698 posts

118 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
It's going to be interesting if we concede the first goal, there'll be some twitchy bums around.

It's too difficult to call as momentum and confidence are huge and we'll have neither.

Guvernator

10,458 posts

110 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
ChocolateFrog said:
It's going to be interesting if we concede the first goal, there'll be some twitchy bums around.

It's too difficult to call as momentum and confidence are huge and we'll have neither.
No need to talk yourselves down, Brighton are 13th, it will be an easy win for you guys. If you can't beat them you don't deserve to win the league anyway tbh. You should really only be dropping points against the top 4 away at this stage and even then not all the time.

NRS

14,839 posts

146 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Guvernator said:
ChocolateFrog said:
It's going to be interesting if we concede the first goal, there'll be some twitchy bums around.

It's too difficult to call as momentum and confidence are huge and we'll have neither.
No need to talk yourselves down, Brighton are 13th, it will be an easy win for you guys. If you can't beat them you don't deserve to win the league anyway tbh. You should really only be dropping points against the top 4 away at this stage and even then not all the time.
Really? Not many clubs go without the odd slip up - you lot and City have already done that for example this season.

We should win though. Remember we played very poorly in a few CL games and we kept going in the league. Main concern is if we do our typical January, not sure why it seems to affect us so much.

type-r

8,165 posts

158 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Guvernator said:
No need to talk yourselves down, Brighton are 13th, it will be an easy win for you guys. If you can't beat them you don't deserve to win the league anyway tbh. You should really only be dropping points against the top 4 away at this stage and even then not all the time.
rofl

Guvernator

10,458 posts

110 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
NRS said:
Really? Not many clubs go without the odd slip up - you lot and City have already done that for example this season.

We should win though. Remember we played very poorly in a few CL games and we kept going in the league. Main concern is if we do our typical January, not sure why it seems to affect us so much.
Yes but not against Brighton who with all due respect to them are nowhere near your level. I'll predict 0-3 possibly more.

Type R what's so amusing?

Adam B

16,199 posts

199 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
ChocolateFrog said:
The UTD wummer comes across as particularly sad.
Melchiott is Chelsea (just a wild guess)

Black can man

31,412 posts

113 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Guvernator said:
NRS said:
Really? Not many clubs go without the odd slip up - you lot and City have already done that for example this season.

We should win though. Remember we played very poorly in a few CL games and we kept going in the league. Main concern is if we do our typical January, not sure why it seems to affect us so much.
Yes but not against Brighton who with all due respect to them are nowhere near your level. I'll predict 0-3 possibly more.

Type R what's so amusing?
Brighton do have the best home record against the top 6 teams at home this season of teams out of the top 6

Just saying what i heard on the radio ,

If it's not true please blame the Guardian football weekly podcast & not me .

Edited by Black can man on Friday 11th January 21:44

Pommy

10,005 posts

161 months

Friday 11th January
quotequote all
Black can man said:
Guvernator said:
NRS said:
Really? Not many clubs go without the odd slip up - you lot and City have already done that for example this season.

We should win though. Remember we played very poorly in a few CL games and we kept going in the league. Main concern is if we do our typical January, not sure why it seems to affect us so much.
Yes but not against Brighton who with all due respect to them are nowhere near your level. I'll predict 0-3 possibly more.

Type R what's so amusing?
Brighton do have the best home record against the top 6 teams at home this season of teams out of the top 6

Just saying what i heard on the radio ,

If it's not true please blame the Guardian football weekly podcast & not me .

Edited by Black can man on Friday 11th January 21:44
Brighton are one of those team you think they'll either get tonked 4-0 or give you a real run of a game and itll be 2-2

Ructions

3,632 posts

66 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/108375611248...

LIverpool FC will host a special Legends game at the @AVIVAStadium on Friday 12th April.

type-r

8,165 posts

158 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
Guvernator said:
Type R what's so amusing?
That you say we just need to turn up at the Amex and we'll walk away with an easy win! And if we don't, then we don't deserve to win the league?? Our wins away to Burnley, Bournemouth, Wolves and Watford in December suddenly don't count? If we don't win this one single game, then we suddenly don't deserve to win the league? I understand you are able to talk from a position of experience given your recent loss at home to Wolves but seriously, just ONE game?!

I find that very amusing.

wjb

4,394 posts

76 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
Absolutely massive today.

Win, lose or draw it won't be 'over' obviously, but we need to keep city and spurs at arms length, week to week.

Anything less than a win and we're leaving the door wide open.

Melchett1905

442 posts

9 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
ChocolateFrog said:
Flip Martian said:
Chris Stott said:
The pathetic attempts at wumming are why I seldom post outside match days anymore. There are a couple of posters who clearly have no self awareness... they think they are hilariously clever/funny... reality is they just come across as s.
Echo that.
Agreed. Skipped over the last 5 pages. Don't mind so much if it's actually funny, or vaguely relevant.
Like this?


Melchett1905 said:
Pommy said:
Melchett1905 said:
Pommy said:
Melchett1905 said:
Adam B said:
anniesdad said:
£8.5M to win the FA cup IIRC.

I can understand why Klopp rested players last night, sure you came unstuck against a very decent Wolves team but hey you've got bigger targets this year.
Sensible post!

Its £6.8M by my maths if you join in 3rd round, roughly the difference between finishing 14th and 17th in the league (probably 3-5 points)

The ideal is to compete in all competitions but last night showed us we still lack some depth, but have a couple of good prospects
It's always a tough call because you really need to concentrate on winning your first every EPL title. Will be a good call to rest players if you win the title or the UCL. Will be a bad call if you don't.
If you're going to turn up and try and take the piss at least get the words right you fking .
"try to take the piss".

But LOL for getting so rattled you've resorted to name calling. Brilliant.
You're just our resident herpes - "Ooh look at me comedy pointing out no PL titles, how sharp is my wit"

Calm your tits Lenny Henry.
Speaking of Sharp. Manchester United were sponsored by them the last time you won the league and Graeme Sharp was still playing for Everton..


Edited by Melchett1905 on Tuesday 8th January 10:41

type-r

8,165 posts

158 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
wjb said:
Absolutely massive today.
Games can be like buses, I wouldn't be surprised if we concede 2 goals today, after going 20 games conceding one or none before the City game. Can Matip make it back or will we go in with a makeshift central defence?

TTmonkey

14,940 posts

192 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
Well last few years you’ve had pretty disasterous Jan/Feb results which have ruined your season. Obvs I’m hoping this continues. Just wished Swansea were still in the PL so that my ‘home’ team could fek you up yet again. You Never winning a game again in 2019 would also be up there for Christmas wishes. But I never get what o want....!

However, LFC are still my prediction for PL champions, and also an outside bet for a double with CL.

That’s why I honestly think the FA cap result was in your favour.

You should win, but Brighton are going to be many a teams boggy this season. If you lose, it’s going to be a three horse run in, which would be great entertainment for everyone.

Edited by TTmonkey on Saturday 12th January 11:04

Ructions

3,632 posts

66 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all

m3sye

23,135 posts

146 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
Sturridge dropped from the squad after that last outing

Ructions

3,632 posts

66 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
Good to see Matip back. Hope he is fit to start soon.

wjb

4,394 posts

76 months

Saturday 12th January
quotequote all
Ructions said:
That's about as strong as we can be today.

Should (should) be enough if we all turn up!

m3sye said:
Sturridge dropped from the squad after that last outing
Lost his place on the bench to 17 year old Camacho.. unless he's picked up a knock, that's gotta hurt.

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED