The Official Tottenham Hotspud thread [Vol 11]

The Official Tottenham Hotspud thread [Vol 11]

Author
Discussion

jammy-git

21,612 posts

150 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
If you'd sold him last summer maybe the cheese room wouldn't have been canned!

Blib

34,559 posts

135 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
mickk said:
HRL said:
Have we resigned ourselves to him leaving yet?
I have, great player who will demand a huge fee. Can't blame him really.
Me neither. He'll be replaced. Everyone gets replaced.

m3sye

20,733 posts

139 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Blib said:
Me neither. He'll be replaced. Everyone gets replaced.
Replacing someone like Erickson won't be cheap

Would Levy fund that if he left for £0?
You have a 4billion stadium to pay for too

Rosscow

7,287 posts

101 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
m3sye said:
Replacing someone like Erickson won't be cheap

Would Levy fund that if he left for £0?
You have a 4billion stadium to pay for too
laugh

Black can man

29,978 posts

106 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
JustinF said:
It's something that only seems to happen to Them over There with any regularity
Mr Levy said it would never happen again at Spurs again after the Sol Campbell debacle.

In other news Juventus are preparing a bid for Mo Salah according to the BBC gossip column .


Now that would be a funny one. Would certainly cement the Net spend trophy for them.
Advertisement

Black can man

29,978 posts

106 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
Guvernator said:
What's he on at the moment, £100k tops? He could easily triple that elsewhere and he doesn't really seem like the loyalty first type to me. I think he'll be gone by summer which will be a HUGE blow for us as I think he is one of our most important players.
I read a page that said we'd offered him £110k a week which he had declined.


Surely He has to be on par with Harry Kane wages wise.

m3sye

20,733 posts

139 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
Black can man said:
Mr Levy said it would never happen again at Spurs again after the Sol Campbell debacle.

In other news Juventus are preparing a bid for Mo Salah according to the BBC gossip column .


Now that would be a funny one. Would certainly cement the Net spend trophy for them.
BCM you !re a man in his mid 50s I'd guess and you believe stuff written for Sky Arabia and 90minutes yikes
Also it's 175m not 200m, you have a fascination with 200m, unless we deal in euros now? hehe
The last paragraph is best in the article

Whether either of the reports are remotely accurate, of course, remains to be seen - though don't be surprised it turns out to be nothing more than hyperbole.

mickk

23,688 posts

180 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
Black can man said:
In other news Juventus are preparing a bid for Mo Salah according to the BBC gossip column .
If there's a God please make this happen.

48k

4,522 posts

86 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
mickk said:
HRL said:
Have we resigned ourselves to him leaving yet?
I have, great player who will demand a huge fee. Can't blame him really.
Me too. The noises don't sound positive and it will be a massive blow if he leaves. But if eg. Barcelona are offering to double his wages you can't blame him.

Assuming he goes, what will be intriguing is what happens with the cash. Say we get 100m for him - will that be a James Maddison or a Ryan Sessegnon and a cheese room or will Poch have all the cash at his disposal?

mickk

23,688 posts

180 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
I'm tempted by the cheese if I'm honest.

smartypants

38,415 posts

107 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
Eriksen would be a blow, but players come and go (well not that frequently at Spurs recently hehe )

I would sell then wait for this current madness of transfer fees and wages die down, when you’ve got the likes of Ramsay getting 400k a week who would just about get on our bench when everyone is fit (and I rate him), how do you replace Eriksen? I’m not sure even City could do that.


NRS

13,499 posts

139 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
mickk said:
Black can man said:
In other news Juventus are preparing a bid for Mo Salah according to the BBC gossip column .
If there's a God please make this happen.
And then we use the money to buy Kane, hehe

48k said:
Me too. The noises don't sound positive and it will be a massive blow if he leaves. But if eg. Barcelona are offering to double his wages you can't blame him.

Assuming he goes, what will be intriguing is what happens with the cash. Say we get 100m for him - will that be a James Maddison or a Ryan Sessegnon and a cheese room or will Poch have all the cash at his disposal?
Pay off some of the 40 billion the stadium cost?

Black can man

29,978 posts

106 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
m3sye said:
Black can man said:
Mr Levy said it would never happen again at Spurs again after the Sol Campbell debacle.

In other news Juventus are preparing a bid for Mo Salah according to the BBC gossip column .


Now that would be a funny one. Would certainly cement the Net spend trophy for them.
BCM you !re a man in his mid 50s I'd guess and you believe stuff written for Sky Arabia and 90minutes yikes
Also it's 175m not 200m, you have a fascination with 200m, unless we deal in euros now? hehe
The last paragraph is best in the article

Whether either of the reports are remotely accurate, of course, remains to be seen - though don't be surprised it turns out to be nothing more than hyperbole.
I didn’t say I believed it old boy, I was just alerting the good folk in here what was in the BBC gossip column , I didn’t actually bother to read the whole article like your good self because I’m not that interested tbh , but having said that this is how rumours of Suarez, ( that’s Luiz Jammy ) Torres & Coutinho we’re first reported & you all poo poo’d them reports too, one simply cannot poo poo such things , as the old saying goes “ there’s no smoke without fire “ probably poppycock but one too keep an eye on as we all know Mo loves Italy .

smartypants

38,415 posts

107 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
And why wouldn't Salah leave? Not saying he will, but as much as the Prem is probably the bestest league in the World, I don't think it's kind on the top players in wages or attention. Juve, Real, Barca, PSG etc are.

I actually don't understand why the likes of Kane would want to stay in the Prem. Love it if he does though!

Black can man

29,978 posts

106 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
How does Turin compare to Merseyside ? I’ve never been to Turin so I really couldn’t give an accurate opinion like I usually do.

smartypants

38,415 posts

107 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
Me neither. I've been to Merseyside though.

I would guess Turin is better smile

48k

4,522 posts

86 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
Mo is not going to want to leave - without the weight of that beard on his face he's not going to topple over so easily so he'll be keen to prove his detractors wrong.

jammy-git

21,612 posts

150 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
mickk said:
Black can man said:
In other news Juventus are preparing a bid for Mo Salah according to the BBC gossip column .
If there's a God please make this happen.
I for one would welcome it. The last time we sold out best player (Coutinho) we went and bought a world class defender and goalkeeper and went from top four contenders to title challengers. Might as well give us next seasons Premier League and Champions League trophies the minute Salah signs in Turin.

Adam B

14,859 posts

192 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
It’s far from the nicest Italian city but still had better weather / women / food / coffee than anywhere in UK

smartypants

38,415 posts

107 months

Tuesday 12th February
quotequote all
48k said:
Mo is not going to want to leave - without the weight of that beard on his face he's not going to topple over so easily so he'll be keen to prove his detractors wrong.
hehe