The Official Tottenham Hotspud thread [Vol 12]

The Official Tottenham Hotspud thread [Vol 12]

Author
Discussion

GTO-3R

5,076 posts

160 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
Can something like that be overruled after the game? If the VAR says no goal but the ref gives it then what’s the point in VAR?!!!

NRS

15,049 posts

148 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
Decent result for you lot. Something to build on from here?

48k

5,792 posts

95 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
I bet Liverpool are quaking in their boots after that performance FFS.

wjb

4,753 posts

78 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
GTO-3R said:
Can something like that be overruled after the game? If the VAR says no goal but the ref gives it then what’s the point in VAR?!!!
No, of course not.

They said it was an error on the screen, ref gave the goal as directed.

smartypants

41,928 posts

116 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
Solid performance.

If it was 2003 again.

wjb

4,753 posts

78 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
Dele Ali's face after he scored, looks as guilty as a puppy sat next to a pile of poo laugh

m3sye

23,811 posts

148 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
smartypants said:
Solid performance.

If it was 2003 again.
Maybe go back to Wembley, this having a home ground is obviously not all its made up to be hehe

The Li-ion King

1,158 posts

11 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
Like Katie Price, we're up to 12 points getmecoat

mickk

25,068 posts

189 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
The Li-ion King said:
Like Katie Price, we're up to 12 points getmecoat
Unlike Katie Price we're not fked just yet!

Nimby

2,040 posts

97 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
On the bright side, we've stopped throwing away 2-0 leads.

  • and Spurs' top-flight record start of 11 consecutive wins stands for at least another year.
.

Edited by Nimby on Sunday 20th October 21:07

lemmingjames

5,805 posts

151 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Was watching the NFL show on saturday night and they mentioned in it, how teams who have done well and reached the superbowl but not won it, have all dropped in quality the following few seasons;
Rams - made the SB last year, suffering now
Eagles - won the SB but struggling now
Falcons - suck

So it seems that its not just a football thing, anyway, i was right in my prediction.


Guvernator

10,688 posts

112 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
I guess it's very difficult to maintain that momentum, especially without changing things up and we took too long to do that. Of the 3 players we've brought in this year, only one has played for any length of time. We should have brought in fresh blood last season.

The stadium build while awesome came at a really bad time I think and we've missed our window of opportunity with this set of players so we'll be rebuilding for at least a 1 or 2 years now I reckon.

NRS

15,049 posts

148 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
lemmingjames said:
Was watching the NFL show on saturday night and they mentioned in it, how teams who have done well and reached the superbowl but not won it, have all dropped in quality the following few seasons;
Rams - made the SB last year, suffering now
Eagles - won the SB but struggling now
Falcons - suck

So it seems that its not just a football thing, anyway, i was right in my prediction.
It's a bit different from what I understand though (but no expert) as they have the draft designed to give the worst teams more possibilities to improve, and so the opposite for the best teams. The Pats have done well for years despite that, but have still lost several over the years.

ChevyChase77

604 posts

5 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
wjb said:
Dele Ali's face after he scored, looks as guilty as a puppy sat next to a pile of poo laugh
Another strange VAR decision given the City disallowed one v Spurs and the Mane one yesterday that Ali's one wasn't chalked off.....



48k

5,792 posts

95 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Eriksen's over his dead leg so back in training for tomorrow night.

Dead leg FFS.

juice

5,663 posts

229 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
48k said:
Eriksen's over his dead leg so back in training for tomorrow night.

Dead leg FFS.
He's had that since the start of the season

jammy-git

23,586 posts

159 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Why can't Poch just say he was crap in the last game and was dropped?

48k

5,792 posts

95 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
jammy-git said:
Why can't Poch just say he was crap in the last game and was dropped?
Probably for the same reasons Liverpool played along with Coutinho's "back problem".

mickk

25,068 posts

189 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
The dead leg Inury is embarrassing.
At least say you've torn a muscle!

Mothersruin

8,026 posts

46 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
mickk said:
The dead leg Inury is embarrassing.
At least say you've torn a muscle!
That would imply effort...