The Official Tottenham Hotspud thread [Vol 12]

The Official Tottenham Hotspud thread [Vol 12]

Author
Discussion

GloverMart

8,907 posts

162 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
BMW A6 said:
All lubed up for Sunday, I hope.
Can you not let them enjoy their decent night in Europe without spoling another thread with your childish st?

Clearly not seems to be the answer. rolleyes

BMW A6

1,198 posts

11 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
The GLOVER is on my case.

smartypants

41,869 posts

116 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Kane is showing again he’s probably in the top 5 players in the World for me, easily the best striker. I can’t stop wowing when I see him play. Finishing, passing, movement on the ball, off the ball. Left foot right foot, heading, pens. He’s bordering on perfect. And he’s consistent with it.

Glad moany Rose was out of the side, I fear he’ll be back against the dippers though. Our defence is still st, lets be honest.




GTO-3R

5,070 posts

160 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
smartypants said:
Kane is showing again he’s probably in the top 5 players in the World for me, easily the best striker. I can’t stop wowing when I see him play. Finishing, passing, movement on the ball, off the ball. Left foot right foot, heading, pens. He’s bordering on perfect. And he’s consistent with it.

Glad moany Rose was out of the side, I fear he’ll be back against the dippers though. Our defence is still st, lets be honest.
Kane top 5 players in the world and the best striker? Seriously?

rofl

Yidwann

889 posts

157 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
I’d agree Smarty, but I have no idea why you posted that, Sue and the likes will be frothing at the gash with that ammunition.....

dmulally

4,988 posts

127 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Go

dmulally

4,988 posts

127 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Harry

dmulally

4,988 posts

127 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Kane

m3sye

23,739 posts

148 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Yidwann said:
I’d agree Smarty, but I have no idea why you posted that, Sue and the likes will be frothing at the gash with that ammunition.....
Try a post without thinking of me 1 day tumbleweed

And I'd put Kane very high, he's world class

Keyser Soze

18,873 posts

138 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
GloverMart said:
Can you not let them enjoy their decent night in Europe without spoling another thread with your childish st?

Clearly not seems to be the answer. rolleyes
When the whole football forum is awash with childish ste, some of which you had an opportunity to sort when you were a mod and didn't, why are you constantly singling out A6 at the moment, you've made several comments over the last week

Either he's breaking the posting rules or not?

GloverMart

8,907 posts

162 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Keyser Soze said:
GloverMart said:
Can you not let them enjoy their decent night in Europe without spoling another thread with your childish st?

Clearly not seems to be the answer. rolleyes
When the whole football forum is awash with childish ste, some of which you had an opportunity to sort when you were a mod and didn't, why are you constantly singling out A6 at the moment, you've made several comments over the last week

Either he's breaking the posting rules or not?
Fair point, KS, and yes, maybe I should have been firmer when I was football mod. But if I deleted every post that contained childish ste, most of the football threads would still be on their first volume! hehe . And a lot of people have said the moderating on the Football threads has got worse rather than better since the changeover, so maybe a lighter touch was needed.

As regards A6, others have mentioned his strange posting style and his constant need to put innuendo into his posts which is highly odd if you ask me. It's not really necessary, is it, and as I'm not a mod anymore, I can't do anything about it other than make my feelings clear (as others have done!).

Guvernator

10,673 posts

112 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Decent result and we looked a lot sharper than we have been for months but lets not kid ourselves, Red Star were extremely poor. They literally gave the ball to us for two of the goals and the defending for the other 3 weren't much better. I'd never seen them play before and I am actually shocked that they managed to beat Liverpool 2-0 last year.

However it was exactly the kind of match we needed to build some confidence, Kane, Son and Ndom where on fire and I think this team and formation works well. Sissoko and Ndom were solid in midfield, Kane and Son were absolutely lethal. Our defence still looks a bit suss but I'd stick with this team, added bonus was that it left nearly all the players who don't want to be there out of the team. The real test of whether we are back will be the Liverpool game of course so I'll reserve judgement until then but I wouldn't change a thing for that game except starting Foyth over Aurier and perhaps giving Lo Celso some more game time.

DeltonaS

1,961 posts

85 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
smartypants said:
Kane is showing again he’s probably in the top 5 players in the World for me, easily the best striker.
Easily best striker ?

Top finisher but I think I would give that award to Lewandowski. Suarez and Aquero aren't too shabby either.

NRS

15,041 posts

148 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
Guvernator said:
However it was exactly the kind of match we needed to build some confidence, Kane, Son and Ndom where on fire and I think this team and formation works well. Sissoko and Ndom were solid in midfield, Kane and Son were absolutely lethal. Our defence still looks a bit suss but I'd stick with this team, added bonus was that it left nearly all the players who don't want to be there out of the team. The real test of whether we are back will be the Liverpool game of course so I'll reserve judgement until then but I wouldn't change a thing for that game except starting Foyth over Aurier and perhaps giving Lo Celso some more game time.
We won’t be a test now that we’ve been worked out - just target LB/RB, wink (Just kidding - I do understand your point - just think it is much harder to do in practice). And yes, needed result to pick up the mood after a few poor results/all the negative media attention.

jonmiles

107 posts

3 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
DeltonaS said:
smartypants said:
Kane is showing again he’s probably in the top 5 players in the World for me, easily the best striker.
Easily best striker ?

Top finisher but I think I would give that award to Lewandowski. Suarez and Aquero aren't too shabby either.
It's close between the 2 but I saw pundits in the studio before the Spurs v Bayern game all going for Kane.

jammy-git

23,544 posts

159 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
I wonder who'd they choose after that game...? hehe

jonmiles

107 posts

3 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
jammy-git said:
I wonder who'd they choose after that game...? hehe
Everybody has an off-game. Lewandowski has been around forever and is only now having a golden period at the age of 31.

jammy-git

23,544 posts

159 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
"Only now"?!

In 13-14 he scored 28 goals in 48 games.
14-15 - 25 goals in 49 apps
15-16 - 42 in 51
16-17 - 42 in 47
17-18 - 41 in 48
18-19 - 40 in 47

jonmiles

107 posts

3 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
jammy-git said:
"Only now"?!

In 13-14 he scored 28 goals in 48 games.
14-15 - 25 goals in 49 apps
15-16 - 42 in 51
16-17 - 42 in 47
17-18 - 41 in 48
18-19 - 40 in 47
German league biggrin

jammy-git

23,544 posts

159 months

Wednesday 23rd October
quotequote all
And up until a year or two ago, around 10% of those goals would have been against Arsenal alone. Now to be replaced by goals against Spurs. biggrin