F1 on Channel 4

F1 on Channel 4

Author
Discussion

Milkyway

5,714 posts

37 months

Sunday 30th October
quotequote all
cuprabob said:
There are going to be a few upset people tonight when they sit down to watch their recording and be faced with Tim Lovejoy instead.
Lucky them... I had to sit through a Nick Grimshaw book promotion & a footballer that I’ve never heard of vomit
Bit of ‘Blue’ to finish off with.


Edited by Milkyway on Sunday 30th October 12:25

cuprabob

12,125 posts

198 months

Sunday 30th October
quotequote all
Milkyway said:
cuprabob said:
There are going to be a few upset people tonight when they sit down to watch their recording and be faced with Tim Lovejoy instead.
Lucky them... I had to sit through Nik Grimshaw & a book promotion. vomit
Soft Lad smile

HustleRussell

22,437 posts

144 months

Sunday 30th October
quotequote all
Once again, everyone and everything ‘roaring’ according to Alex Jacques.

spitfire-ian

3,603 posts

212 months

Sunday 30th October
quotequote all
cuprabob said:
There are going to be a few upset people tonight when they sit down to watch their recording and be faced with Tim Lovejoy instead.
Indeed. Sat down to watch the recording and got 55 minutes of Sunday Brunch. Fortunately it was just before 1:30pm so managed to watch the qualifying highlights on Channel 4+1.

MustangGT

9,921 posts

264 months

Sunday 30th October
quotequote all
cuprabob said:
Milkyway said:
MEXICO QUALI HIGHLIGHTS:
TV & FREEVIEW GUIDES: 11:30 - 12:30
Sunday brunch now on... yikes
( Did they forget about the clocks going back)
I believe it's actually on at 12:30pm. Not sure why the guide is displaying 11:30am. It does look as though the clocks changing confused someone in scheduling.
It appears all C4 related programs, such as E4, were running an hour late, not just C4. It looks like two people both changed the clock back an hour.

spitfire-ian

3,603 posts

212 months

Sunday 30th October
quotequote all
They are altogether different after all so why let something like the clocks going back get in the way??!!

Milkyway

5,714 posts

37 months

Sunday 13th November
quotequote all
Stayed up to watch the sprint highlights... which for first time was actually worth watching.

An Hour programme... & don’t forget the adverts,

Filler from Alice Powell playing in the RB fitness studio... with Steve sounding rather bored / miffed.

Chat with the team over how their strategies are worked out.

Racing... oh, a quick bit about Fridays ‘quali’ , blinked... race over. irked

Edited by Milkyway on Sunday 13th November 17:00

pquinn

4,988 posts

30 months

Sunday 13th November
quotequote all
Milkyway said:
Stayed up to watch the sprint highlights... which for first time was actually worth watching.

An Hour programme... & don’t forget the adverts,

Filler from Alice Powell playing in the RB fitness studio... with Steve sounding rather bored / miffed.

Chat with the team over how their strategies are worked out.

Racing... oh, a quick bit about Fridays ‘quali’ , blinked... race over. irked

Edited by Milkyway on Sunday 13th November 17:00
It was comically short - something like 3 minutes for qualifying and 10 or 15 for the sprint. The other 45 minutes was padding.

It was a short programme anyway and still managed to be full of everything but the highlights.

hot metal

1,895 posts

177 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
C4 have got their noses firmly up Red Bull`s bums now Sky have shat on their copybook rofl

Milkyway

5,714 posts

37 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
C4... please provide Alice with a hairbrush. rolleyes

Steve, a bit less of the overacting & fawning... getting a little ‘cringey’ now.
( grovel, grovel, lick, lick).

Edited by Milkyway on Monday 14th November 08:12

iandc

3,493 posts

190 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
Are Channel4 going to rebrand as RB Racing channel? Don't bother with a studio just use RB facilities.

KaraK

12,887 posts

193 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
hot metal said:
C4 have got their noses firmly up Red Bull`s bums now Sky have shat on their copybook rofl
Nothing new there. I do confess to a bit of schadenfreude at Webber having to oh-so-grudgingly admit that maybe the one true messiah Max was to blame for the clash with Lewis. You could hear his teeth clenching and his wincing knowing that he was going to have a standup meeting no coffee, no biscuits and explain himself to Horner later.

Milkyway

5,714 posts

37 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
iandc said:
Are Channel4 going to rebrand as RB Racing channel? Don't bother with a studio just use RB facilities.
RBRC... has a certain ring to it. scratchchin

hot metal

1,895 posts

177 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
Milkyway said:
RBRC... has a certain ring to it. scratchchin
Reminds me of RBS, now there`s a bunch of wkers.

cuprabob

12,125 posts

198 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
It's not the first time they've done a show from Red Bull HQ and if my memory serves me right they've also did similar from McLaren and Mercedes in the past.

LucyP

1,339 posts

43 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
cuprabob said:
It's not the first time they've done a show from Red Bull HQ and if my memory serves me right they've also did similar from McLaren and Mercedes in the past.
That was in Covid times when the FIA were very restrictive about who and how many could attend the circuits, what they could do, and where they could go.

Whether they are doing it now because they are still worried about Covid in certain countries and splitting the broadcasting team, whether it's about splitting the team to give them a rest from attending every race, or whether it's about saving money where the programme is short and is seemingly so unimportant to C4, that it is on late at night, scheduled amongst programmes that are more suited to daytime TV during the week, is hard to know.

As others have said, it was poor offering. More padding than racing. Great if you recorded it, just skip past it all and straight to the racing. Too much fawning from Jones, and what does Powell add? Maybe next time they could pad it by showing someone taking all her clothes to the charity shop, where they would probably be rejected and buying her something decent to wear! What was the point of her in the gym with the team. Sports people go to the gym? Really? And Jones asking the strategist about the strategy, as if she was going to say anything meaningful.

cuprabob

12,125 posts

198 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
LucyP said:
cuprabob said:
It's not the first time they've done a show from Red Bull HQ and if my memory serves me right they've also did similar from McLaren and Mercedes in the past.
That was in Covid times when the FIA were very restrictive about who and how many could attend the circuits, what they could do, and where they could go.

Whether they are doing it now because they are still worried about Covid in certain countries and splitting the broadcasting team, whether it's about splitting the team to give them a rest from attending every race, or whether it's about saving money where the programme is short and is seemingly so unimportant to C4, that it is on late at night, scheduled amongst programmes that are more suited to daytime TV during the week, is hard to know.

As others have said, it was poor offering. More padding than racing. Great if you recorded it, just skip past it all and straight to the racing. Too much fawning from Jones, and what does Powell add? Maybe next time they could pad it by showing someone taking all her clothes to the charity shop, where they would probably be rejected and buying her something decent to wear! What was the point of her in the gym with the team. Sports people go to the gym? Really? And Jones asking the strategist about the strategy, as if she was going to say anything meaningful.
As far as I'm led to believe Sky dictate what highlights they can show therefore maybe why that's why they needed as much padding to fill the time. As you say, it doesn't make much sense to have the team on location for races like Brazil, hence the commentary team in a studio somewhere and the presenting team in a team HQ. I believe Sky also dictate how long after the race when the highlights can be aired therefore that's why they are on late at night, early morning for American races.

Blink982

681 posts

88 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
I went to watch channel 4 highlights and as soon as I saw it was being broadcast from RB HQ, I turned it off and watched clips on youtube. No way was I going to listen any more bias drivel.

garyhun

33,490 posts

212 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
Blink982 said:
I went to watch channel 4 highlights and as soon as I saw it was being broadcast from RB HQ, I turned it off and watched clips on youtube. No way was I going to listen any more bias drivel.
You should have watched, it was an absolute masterclass in being an arse licking sycophant.

blueST

3,883 posts

200 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
RB bias or not, Webber is hands down the most entertaining pundit. Knows his stuff and is very funny. I skip all the before and after punditry and just watch the on track stuff. Given it’s edited highlights I don’t C4 do a bad job on the whole.