Lewis Hamilton

Author
Discussion

ELUSIVEJIM

Original Poster:

4,595 posts

87 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10606874/me...

Is this fair enough or a total lack of respect?

Thoughts gentleman


deadslow

5,805 posts

159 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
its no big deal, but I bet Toto Wolf preferred he didn't do it.

housen

1,380 posts

128 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
its a sport a fun sport



lets embrace this

rsbmw

2,241 posts

41 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
It's a bit disrespectful, especially as WC he should be setting the example and being professional, regardless of how boring he finds it. I'm sure there was opportunity before and after the conference to take his pics.

This as a LH fan.

tommunster10

1,128 posts

27 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
Fair enough is a dull situation but there is better ways to make those events more interesting just see any Rossi/Marc/Lorenzo interactions.
I know pistonheads isn't really as a whole into MotoGP but those guys make it interesting by get this, being interesting.

If that was Lewis's highlight of his day as he puts it, man that's one boring day... I guess it would of made Bieber laugh.
Advertisement

gibbon

1,947 posts

143 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
Like it or not he has a corporate responsibility, thats who pay him and fund his rockstar lifestyle, and it is a realtionship, without them he he would not have won the last two world championships, without hiim, they still would, thats indisputable. He would do well to remember that.

Quite amusing that he behaved like this in Japan, probably the most respectful and polite culture found on the f1 circuit.

Edited by gibbon on Thursday 6th October 15:25

eybic

8,295 posts

110 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
Although doing what he did in itself isn't bad, I think like has been said, it shows a lot of disrespect for not only the fans but the sport imho. I'm not normally a prude about stuff like this but it has boiled my piss unfortunately. He's coming across like a petulant child.

ukaskew

4,409 posts

157 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
gibbon said:
Like it or not he has a corporate responsibility, thats who pay him and fund his rockstar lifestyle, and it is a realtionship, without them he he would not have won the last two world championships, without hiim, they still would, thats indisputable. He would do well to remember that.
The irony of this is that his Snapchat posts probably put far more eyes on the sport (however tenuous the link) than the Thursday press conference.

Mercedes bought into Hamilton as a driver and a 'brand' to appeal to a young audience, I imagine their marketing department was quietly very happy with this.

The sport needs more of this (not exactly this, but you get the point), it's way, way too restrictive and stuffy to attract a new, young audience that it desperately needs. The readership of many of the publications in those press conferences probably barely register a blip these days.

gibbon

1,947 posts

143 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
ukaskew said:
The irony of this is that his Snapchat posts probably put far more eyes on the sport (however tenuous the link) than the Thursday press conference.

Mercedes bought into Hamilton as a driver and a 'brand' to appeal to a young audience, I imagine their marketing department was quietly very happy with this.

The sport needs more of this (not exactly this, but you get the point), it's way, way too restrictive and stuffy to attract a new, young audience that it desperately needs. The readership of many of the publications in those press conferences probably barely register a blip these days.
I agree with all of that, however i think its the way he goes about doing it that is wrong.

housen

1,380 posts

128 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
ukaskew said:
gibbon said:
Like it or not he has a corporate responsibility, thats who pay him and fund his rockstar lifestyle, and it is a realtionship, without them he he would not have won the last two world championships, without hiim, they still would, thats indisputable. He would do well to remember that.
The irony of this is that his Snapchat posts probably put far more eyes on the sport (however tenuous the link) than the Thursday press conference.

Mercedes bought into Hamilton as a driver and a 'brand' to appeal to a young audience, I imagine their marketing department was quietly very happy with this.

The sport needs more of this (not exactly this, but you get the point), it's way, way too restrictive and stuffy to attract a new, young audience that it desperately needs. The readership of many of the publications in those press conferences probably barely register a blip these days.
agreed....what was even said in the press conference ;-) ???


Edited by housen on Thursday 6th October 15:48

768

3,500 posts

32 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
Old media grumpy about new media.

You can't make these sportsmen corporate suits no matter how hard you try. Just let his boss tell him to sort it out and leave it at that, it doesn't need any fuss.

Crafty_

11,337 posts

136 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
This is all about the media needing a story, they started the "Lewis is distracted by his social life" thing a few weeks ago.

They conveniently ignore the unreliability issues this year and disregard that his behaviour was exactly the same in 2014 and 2015.

Is it unwise to give them ammunition ? Well, yes. That's assuming he actually cats what they say and write, which I honestly don't think he does. That's a pretty big change from a few years ago when he basically claimed up because they'd take every last thing and find some way to use it to criticise. He's a much stronger person now.

Alternatively he's thinking that the WDC is effectively done this year and has 'switched off' as he did the end of last year.

housen

1,380 posts

128 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
fuk those press people

does anyone remember after one race rosberg was asked if his drink system failed? as the reporter noted he looked thirsty and was drinking lots of water after the race


that man should not be there ....give me more snapchat over idiotic questions like that

BoRED S2upid

14,898 posts

176 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
How is this disrespectful to the fans? The media yes but the fans follow snapchat or instagram so it's providing those fans with more access. There will be a lot more of this social media access in the future.

Bebee

4,269 posts

161 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
No issue, jut a bit of fun.

housen

1,380 posts

128 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
just watched the vid


tbf

the ''this st is killing me''

wasn't necessary at all especially if there were local press there ...the Japanese would be very upset

but I guess he is expressing himself and still reeling from last weeks failure

tommunster10

1,128 posts

27 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
It is just the media being mardy and using the pretense that it was rude to the fans, which it isn't, its an insult to media, good.
But i will add, quite what a 31 year old man is doing putting silly animal faces on himself and other men around him, is extremely hard to understand the fun in that personally.
Is that fun?
Also the swearword is out of place if he has younger fans.

"this st is killing me" Is what i'd expect a 13 year old kid in a class at school to write to his 'followers' about being bored, not a 31 year old man during a press conference, i mean sat there based on an hourly rate he must of earned thousands.... real hard life.



Edited by tommunster10 on Thursday 6th October 16:18


Edited by tommunster10 on Thursday 6th October 16:19

gibbon

1,947 posts

143 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
tommunster10 said:
"this st is killing me" Is what i'd expect a 13 year old kid in a class at school to write to his 'followers' about being bored, not a 31 year old man during a press conference, i mean sat there based on an hourly rate he must of earned thousands.... real hard life.



Edited by tommunster10 on Thursday 6th October 16:18


Edited by tommunster10 on Thursday 6th October 16:19
Obviously an oversimplification, and only really for a bit of fun and context, but hes on circa $40m a year from Merc. 21 races, 4 day race weekend, 12 hour days. He's paid $40k an hour by Merc. Hardly the real world is it.

REALIST123

10,338 posts

89 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
Whatever it is, it's no surprise. Is it?

SmoothCriminal

2,247 posts

135 months

Thursday 6th October 2016
quotequote all
Those press conferences are st anyway, boring old press asking dopey questions trying to get a reaction, nothing to do with what fans want to hear I bet the majority of those questions were about his engine blow up and subsequently who he blames.

On another note I had to unfollow him on Facebook his constant posts about "the team" were overkill think he even had one about the cleaners