Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

Graveworm

5,303 posts

29 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
anonymous said:
[redacted]
Charities including environmental charities, political parties, lobbyists, the BMA, unions, government departments, safety groups, campaigns (like stop smoking, drinking, using drugs, obesity) etc etc. Plus, many of the changes he advocates are buying choices.

Edited by Graveworm on Sunday 20th October 12:14

stichill99

463 posts

139 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
Well I am about to sit down to my Sunday roast,, locally sourced and fed on lot's of carbon dioxide inhaling Scottish grassland. I have not watched a boring grand prix for years and wont feel guilty at all as I will have done much less harm to the environment than some overpaid spoilt brat that's tucking into his almond milk that has used 1000's of litres of water to grow and been flown half way round the world although not by private jet like Lewis!

dibbers006

7,294 posts

176 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
sleep

glazbagun

10,947 posts

155 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
TBH I think all this nonsense is simply a function of our access to social media.

30 years ago you'd need to really be into your cause to become associated with it. If Mansell or Prost were vegetarians, environmentalists or religious you'd never know unless they mentioned it on TV or maybe if they put in a huge effort to drop it into every interview- seriously I don't know their positions on anything!

Wheras these days I know that Lando Norris likes milk, FFS!

So Lewis having an internet sigh about the world being a bit fked up is nothing loads of others don't do. But now we can all pile in with our opinions on his opinions without any sense of awareness that we are doing the exact same thing- venting our thoughts into a mobile phone for strangers to read.

E34-3.2

1,002 posts

37 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
Vergne is full of praise for Hamilton and his stand: https://www.planetf1.com/news/vergne-wants-hamilto...

768

7,134 posts

54 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
E34-3.2 said:
Vergne is full of praise for Hamilton and his stand: https://www.planetf1.com/news/vergne-wants-hamilto...
Ha. Like it, but I suspect Lewis won't take him up on his offer.

E34-3.2

1,002 posts

37 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
768 said:
Ha. Like it, but I suspect Lewis won't take him up on his offer.
Well, Lewis mentioned formula e not long ago. Why not?

KevinCamaroSS

8,560 posts

238 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
A number of you are showing that you do not really follow F1 and its 'characters'. Hamilton sold his private jet some time ago and travels with us plebs in order to cut his carbon footprint as much as possible.

768

7,134 posts

54 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
E34-3.2 said:
768 said:
Ha. Like it, but I suspect Lewis won't take him up on his offer.
Well, Lewis mentioned formula e not long ago. Why not?
Well, for now the money and glamour's in F1. And after his career ends there, I can't see the risk reward payoff working out. Or it being compatible with his music career...

Mr_Thyroid

1,888 posts

185 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
stichill99 said:
Well I am about to sit down to my Sunday roast,, locally sourced and fed on lot's of carbon dioxide inhaling Scottish grassland. I have not watched a boring grand prix for years and wont feel guilty at all as I will have done much less harm to the environment than some overpaid spoilt brat that's tucking into his almond milk that has used 1000's of litres of water to grow and been flown half way round the world although not by private jet like Lewis!
They do take all that into account when they calculate the environmental impact of food. Obviously you're right that British beef is much better than Brazilian beef for example but I think, on average, red meat protein produces around 30 times the greenhouse gasses as the same amount of vegetable protein.


vdn

7,727 posts

161 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
anonymous said:
[redacted]
No, you’re claiming that social media posts don’t lead to lifestyle changes. With no evidence whatsoever.

“Thick as two short” springs to mind.

vdn

7,727 posts

161 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
anonymous said:
[redacted]
rofl

Burden of proof ey? This isn’t CSI. But let’s be clear; people respond to Hamilton’s / any sportspersons posts with both positive and negative reactions. In Hamilton’s case; there are people saying they’ve gone vegan or donated to charities, having seen the posts. But that’s not enough for you. Fact is, you don’t want to believe sportspeople have influence like that. Sorry but, they do.

As for burden of proof; outside of a legal framework; the burden of proof is with all parties. From your own link: “Burden of proof is an important concept in the public arena of ideas. Once participants in discourse establish common assumptions, the mechanism of burden of proof helps to ensure that all parties contribute productively, using relevant arguments“.

You won’t though... because you can’t.

Checkmate wink

ChocolateFrog

9,953 posts

131 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
Mr_Thyroid said:
They do take all that into account when they calculate the environmental impact of food. Obviously you're right that British beef is much better than Brazilian beef for example but I think, on average, red meat protein produces around 30 times the greenhouse gasses as the same amount of vegetable protein.
1 Human person = 30 Vegans?

housen

1,906 posts

150 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
wow we still on this tweet eh

DS240

3,374 posts

176 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
anonymous said:
[redacted]
I’d find it really sad if someone actually made a personal lifestyle change/decision based on a tweet from Lewis Hamilton.

Kraken

1,532 posts

158 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
DS240 said:
I’d find it really sad if someone actually made a personal lifestyle change/decision based on a tweet from Lewis Hamilton.
I doubt anyone would based on a single tweet but it certainly could make someone look into the whole issue in some more detail and change their ways. After all advertising has worked for centuries and a tweet is no different to an advert really.

glazbagun

10,947 posts

155 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
I'm inclined to become vegan in protest at the tangent this thread keeps taking. And then tell you all about it. Repeatedly.

mywifeshusband

518 posts

156 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
We had the vegan sausage casserole that Tesco are promoting last night. I invited Lewis to join us but he never turned up.


Yes it was tasty and he missed out there.

stichill99

463 posts

139 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
Why do they call it a vegan sausage casserole? A sausage contains meat. Why don't they just call it a vegan stool?

vdn

7,727 posts

161 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
mywifeshusband said:
We had the vegan sausage casserole that Tesco are promoting last night. I invited Lewis to join us but he never turned up.


Yes it was tasty and he missed out there.
hehe
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED