PistonHeads.com Forum

Vegan motorsport

Author
Discussion

sly fox

Original Poster:

1,613 posts

144 months

Wednesday 4th January 2017
quotequote all
No, really.

https://veganpowered.org/

She doesnt look like a munter either- https://www.facebook.com/leilanimunter/


Munter

27,797 posts

166 months

Wednesday 4th January 2017
quotequote all
sly fox said:
She doesnt look like a munter either- https://www.facebook.com/leilanimunter/
Oh hi!

(no not really)

Hoofy

66,022 posts

207 months

Wednesday 4th January 2017
quotequote all
Her "about" page is fantastic. I can't wait until she discovers CrossFit and Christianity shortly before giving her faith up and becoming an atheist, then rediscovering Christ.

TheExcession

11,669 posts

175 months

Wednesday 4th January 2017
quotequote all
Hoofy said:
Her "about" page is fantastic. I can't wait until she discovers CrossFit and Christianity shortly before giving her faith up and becoming an atheist, then rediscovering Christ.
I thought about about a hehe
Then decided rofl was way more appropriate.
biggrin

ols

95 posts

60 months

Wednesday 4th January 2017
quotequote all
Wears overalls stating "GO 100% RENEWABLE".

Drives a 200mph+ racing car that runs on a rich mixture of Gasoline & Ethanol.


Advertisement

FourWheelDrift

73,096 posts

209 months

Wednesday 4th January 2017
quotequote all
I wonder if her fireproof nomex polymer suit has been made using animal products, not in it's construction but it's manufacture?

lickatysplit

394 posts

55 months

Monday 9th January 2017
quotequote all
I can't work out if there are backers behind this or is she funds her racing herself and its just a personal statement?
kind of reminds me of the Jesus car in the V8's

77racing

3,262 posts

112 months

Monday 9th January 2017
quotequote all
click on the first link posted, all answered in second paragraph asking you to donate.............;)

coppice

4,182 posts

69 months

Tuesday 10th January 2017
quotequote all
Shades of Church of Scientology backed Gp C cars and Jesus Saves F3 car ; but I always thought having your car sponsored by Southern Organs was unimprovable....

Nanook

29,750 posts

112 months

Wednesday 11th January 2017
quotequote all
If she's good enough, good luck to her, not that she'll need it.

If she gets sponsorship because she's pretty and female and advertises trendy things on her car, that kinda thing bugs me, because there's a good chance that there are loads of people better equipped and experienced that can't get a seat because they look like Pastor Maldonado or something.

RobM77

30,730 posts

159 months

Wednesday 18th January 2017
quotequote all
Nanook said:
If she's good enough, good luck to her, not that she'll need it.

If she gets sponsorship because she's pretty and female and advertises trendy things on her car, that kinda thing bugs me, because there's a good chance that there are loads of people better equipped and experienced that can't get a seat because they look like Pastor Maldonado or something.
That's just motorsport! It's not a sport entirely based on talent; it's who you know, who you meet, who sponsors you, how much money you have access to, how much support your parents give you etc. Some people are born with good looks, some into money - it all helps! It's very rare when a driver gets anywhere on talent alone - I've heard of it occasionally at lower levels, but never NASCAR, top level GT, F1 etc. Of course, to do well you need talent as well, but almost always you also need money, generous parents and/or contacts, preferably all of the above!