Rich Energy drop Haas. No.... Really. Seriously........

Rich Energy drop Haas. No.... Really. Seriously........

Author
Discussion

fomb

1,323 posts

156 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Motorsport.com seems to think this will just be removing logos for now rather than a livery change. Mostly it's stickers, but clothing etc could be a cost, unless they're happy with duct taping over logos

Kraken

1,109 posts

145 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
FourWheelDrift said:
Kraken said:
Cost a lot of money to change everything now. The cars are only the tip of the iceberg. Removing the logos is one thing a complete colour change mid-season is another.
Easy respray, especially for Haas if it's almost all white or grey again with dark sidepods.
Like I said the cars are the tip of the iceberg. There is massive amount more to F1 branding than just two cars and a few uniforms.

Megaflow

6,755 posts

170 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Kraken said:
FourWheelDrift said:
Kraken said:
Cost a lot of money to change everything now. The cars are only the tip of the iceberg. Removing the logos is one thing a complete colour change mid-season is another.
Easy respray, especially for Haas if it's almost all white or grey again with dark sidepods.
Like I said the cars are the tip of the iceberg. There is massive amount more to F1 branding than just two cars and a few uniforms.
Indeed. Cars and team clothing are just the being. Trucks, motorhomes, garage hoarding, stationary, loads of branded merchandise/tat (depending on your view point) that nobody will buy, etc.

SpudLink

2,601 posts

137 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Megaflow said:
Indeed. Cars and team clothing are just the being. Trucks, motorhomes, garage hoarding, stationary, loads of branded merchandise/tat (depending on your view point) that nobody will buy, etc.
And all those cans of Rich Energy to dispose of. smile

The cost and effort of rebranding everything seems like a distraction for a team with a limited budget. I think it makes sense to leave the colour scheme for the jest of the season. Just remove the logo where appropriate.

thegreenhell

6,108 posts

164 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Or they leave the logos in place and simply put a Whyte sticker over the top of Rich Energy.

sgtBerbatov

1,610 posts

26 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Megaflow said:
Kraken said:
FourWheelDrift said:
Kraken said:
Cost a lot of money to change everything now. The cars are only the tip of the iceberg. Removing the logos is one thing a complete colour change mid-season is another.
Easy respray, especially for Haas if it's almost all white or grey again with dark sidepods.
Like I said the cars are the tip of the iceberg. There is massive amount more to F1 branding than just two cars and a few uniforms.
Indeed. Cars and team clothing are just the being. Trucks, motorhomes, garage hoarding, stationary, loads of branded merchandise/tat (depending on your view point) that nobody will buy, etc.
Except for people like me who love a bargain and will snap up a Haas F1 t-shirt on eBay for £10 in a few weeks.

Tallow

1,207 posts

106 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
sgtBerbatov said:
Except for people like me who love a bargain and will snap up a Haas F1 t-shirt on eBay for £10 in a few weeks.
On the downside though, it will have a Rich Energy logo on it vomit

Europa1

8,821 posts

133 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Fundoreen said:
Rich energy are gone now. Team seems to still want to run the car with same colours. Stupid idea which gives the phantom drink continued publicity. Can we leave this crappy black and gold like the old lotus behind at long last. A bloody curse that keeps coming back like with genii or whatever that effort was called.
Just cos some giffer still has a lotus dinky toy and pipes up now and again we all have to suffer .
I've read this post a few times now and I'm still not sure I understand it. Why is it "crappy"? Why can't you use a question mark? Why is it a bloody curse? Why is it a giffer with a dinky toy rather than someone (admittedly who seems to be a charlatan) whose corporate colours were black and gold? Why don't we leave the crappy Alfa Romeo livery behind? What is that you (and apparently the rest of us) are suffering from as a result?

Lazadude

1,507 posts

106 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
Tallow said:
On the downside though, it will have a Whyte logo on it vomit
EFA biggrin

carinaman

14,087 posts

117 months

SpudLink

2,601 posts

137 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
carinaman said:
They used the ‘L’ word.

Supersam83

305 posts

90 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
The "new" livery for HAAS F1: