Croft has to go

Croft has to go

Author
Discussion

jimPH

2,755 posts

52 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
Crofty may well give birth to Brundles replacement. Looks like he's due any day.

On a more serious note, Brundle jnr commentates on the sky pitlane team and sounds just like his old man, so his legacy may well live on.

Sandpit Steve

4,733 posts

46 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
cgt2 said:
Danica Patrick's personality makes DiResta look like a standup comedian
Maybe they should have got Joe Rogan to do the commentary? biggrin

LostM135idriver

409 posts

3 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
I thought Danica Patrick was very good and spoke well. Her understanding of motorsport and passion for it, as well as clear understanding of the nature of competition/pressure for drivers, came through really well.

Compared to Di Resta (since someone did) I felt she was much better at providing context or explaining certain events. Much less of a tendency to judge or blame or compare. Much more eloquent, and her points had alogical structure (rather than starting off on one topic and ending on an entirely different one, as PdR does so often).

sticks090460

878 posts

130 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
Are there any positions for DRS other than closed or open? Asking for our commentating chum…….

LostM135idriver

409 posts

3 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
Everything has to be wide open for him.

whatleytom

825 posts

155 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
LostM135idriver said:
I thought Danica Patrick was very good and spoke well. Her understanding of motorsport and passion for it, as well as clear understanding of the nature of competition/pressure for drivers, came through really well.

Compared to Di Resta (since someone did) I felt she was much better at providing context or explaining certain events. Much less of a tendency to judge or blame or compare. Much more eloquent, and her points had alogical structure (rather than starting off on one topic and ending on an entirely different one, as PdR does so often).
I thought she seemed pretty clueless about F1 altogether tbh.

cgt2

2,317 posts

160 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
LostM135idriver said:
I thought Danica Patrick was very good and spoke well. Her understanding of motorsport and passion for it, as well as clear understanding of the nature of competition/pressure for drivers, came through really well.

Compared to Di Resta (since someone did) I felt she was much better at providing context or explaining certain events. Much less of a tendency to judge or blame or compare. Much more eloquent, and her points had alogical structure (rather than starting off on one topic and ending on an entirely different one, as PdR does so often).
That was me and I disagree. I was actually surprised in view of her vast Motorsport experience how generic and formulaic her comments were, perhaps she was just drafted in last minute as a US 'face' to add to commentary but as mentioned above she clearly has very little understanding of F1 and it's intricacies, just a very superficial Max vs Lewis narrative. Her post Quali interviews were dire, no enthusiasm, no engagement whatsoever, absolutely flat. At least DiResta has driven F1 cars and can ask more than the most basic generic questions.

Bring back Rosberg for an example of how it should be done!

Sandpit Steve

4,733 posts

46 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
cgt2 said:
That was me and I disagree. I was actually surprised in view of her vast Motorsport experience how generic and formulaic her comments were, perhaps she was just drafted in last minute as a US 'face' to add to commentary but as mentioned above she clearly has very little understanding of F1 and it's intricacies, just a very superficial Max vs Lewis narrative. Her post Quali interviews were dire, no enthusiasm, no engagement whatsoever, absolutely flat. At least DiResta has driven F1 cars and can ask more than the most basic generic questions.

Bring back Rosberg for an example of how it should be done!
She gave the impression that, having done US TV work previously, she’d been coached to talk at a certain level of technicality, for, let’s call them the NASCAR audience. F1 TV work requires talking to quite a different audience, and her usual style came across as uninformed to that very technical audience watching.

Piginapoke

2,570 posts

157 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
Sandpit Steve said:
She gave the impression that, having done US TV work previously, she’d been coached to talk at a certain level of technicality, for, let’s call them the NASCAR audience. F1 TV work requires talking to quite a different audience, and her usual style came across as uninformed to that very technical audience watching.
She looks nice though whistle

PH User

20,527 posts

80 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
sticks090460 said:
Are there any positions for DRS other than closed or open? Asking for our commentating chum…….
Billy monger said that a wing was wide open when he was commentating on the quali yesterday.

paulguitar

13,190 posts

85 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
Sandpit Steve said:
for, let’s call them the NASCAR audience.
Are you saying dumbasses, Steve?

scratchchin

Adrian W

Original Poster:

12,307 posts

200 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
The program has only been on ten minutes and Di resta making no secrete if his bias

cgt2

2,317 posts

160 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
And Danica seems much better already than yesterday, maybe it was nerves?

entropy

4,341 posts

175 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
Danica is absolutely awful. She has taken F1 punditry to new depths of low.

She doesn't answer questions. Quickly goes off tangent with verbal diarrhea. She's been good with the Indy 500 but F1 is clearly out of her depth. She was asked about Perez and then gives an answer more related to Bottas. She is so bad that even Simon is flabbergasted.

Adrian W

Original Poster:

12,307 posts

200 months

Sunday 24th October
quotequote all
DiResta saying it’s great that max is faster than the Mercedes, I wonder what they did to upset him,

TheRingDing

73 posts

68 months

Wednesday 27th October
quotequote all
Adrian W said:
DiResta saying it’s great that max is faster than the Mercedes, I wonder what they did to upset him,
He had a big legal battle with Hamilton's dad a while back. I imagine he would like nothing more than to see Hamilton get beaten this year.

Adrian W

Original Poster:

12,307 posts

200 months

Thursday 28th October
quotequote all
TheRingDing said:
Adrian W said:
DiResta saying it’s great that max is faster than the Mercedes, I wonder what they did to upset him,
He had a big legal battle with Hamilton's dad a while back. I imagine he would like nothing more than to see Hamilton get beaten this year.
you would think that Sky would make him knock it on the head, he is making his bias is very obvious. it was his mouth that lost him his F1 drive, you would think that he would learn his lesson.

dibbers006

7,775 posts

190 months

Thursday 28th October
quotequote all
I thought that it was because he was a bit st.

Stan the Bat

6,986 posts

184 months

Thursday 28th October
quotequote all
dibbers006 said:
I thought that it was because he was a bit st.
beer

Carlososos

507 posts

68 months

Thursday 28th October
quotequote all
Adrian W said:
TheRingDing said:
Adrian W said:
DiResta saying it’s great that max is faster than the Mercedes, I wonder what they did to upset him,
He had a big legal battle with Hamilton's dad a while back. I imagine he would like nothing more than to see Hamilton get beaten this year.
you would think that Sky would make him knock it on the head, he is making his bias is very obvious. it was his mouth that lost him his F1 drive, you would think that he would learn his lesson.
Don’t like listening to pdr he’s just so miserable and full of hatred for everyone.

Don’t like Croft because he’s getting louder and louder. Quiet down man!!