RE: Santa Pod Sunday Service 07/05

RE: Santa Pod Sunday Service 07/05

Author
Discussion

Johnymd

12 posts

15 months

Friday 21st April 2017
quotequote all
I'll be going to this one. It will be the Datsun's first outing since the latest upgrades.

Ustbutler

18 posts

95 months

Monday 24th April 2017
quotequote all
Hello everyone smile

I'm new to this Sunday service business, I've placed my name down on the list what happens now?

Many thanks Stefan

Jack Mansfield

1,938 posts

20 months

PH Community Bloke

PH STAFF

Monday 24th April 2017
quotequote all
Ustbutler said:
Hello everyone smile

I'm new to this Sunday service business, I've placed my name down on the list what happens now?

Many thanks Stefan
Thats all you have to do for now! You'll receive a final joining instruction email the Friday before the event with a windsrceen badge.

If you wish to race on the day, tickets are available here https://www.eticketing.co.uk/santapodraceway/detai...

Cheers smile

xjay1337

10,344 posts

48 months

Monday 24th April 2017
quotequote all
My clutch has started slipping with my new power upgrades.
Well overdue for a change so was only a matter of time.

With that in mind I won't be running my car on the strip but I have paid for drag strip tickets.

Would anyone be interested in buying them from me?
Paypal or Bank Transfer - Asking what I paid back minus the booking fee (as it's a joke) so £30.

LewG

1,084 posts

76 months

Tuesday 25th April 2017
quotequote all
Guys,
Probably a daft question to ask and I'm sure it's answered somewhere but do we need to bring a helmet along if we're taking part in the drag racing? With the mind boggling speeds of up to 58mph I could potentially be hitting I don't want to be taking any chances
Cheers
Advertisement

LewG

1,084 posts

76 months

Tuesday 25th April 2017
quotequote all
Just to add I will be fitting my wheelie bars and parachute

ecsrobin

8,663 posts

95 months

Tuesday 25th April 2017
quotequote all
LewG said:
Guys,
Probably a daft question to ask and I'm sure it's answered somewhere but do we need to bring a helmet along if we're taking part in the drag racing? With the mind boggling speeds of up to 58mph I could potentially be hitting I don't want to be taking any chances
Cheers
I believe it's only if you hit 100+ over the line.

Alex L

2,138 posts

184 months

Tuesday 25th April 2017
quotequote all
ecsrobin said:
LewG said:
Guys,
Probably a daft question to ask and I'm sure it's answered somewhere but do we need to bring a helmet along if we're taking part in the drag racing? With the mind boggling speeds of up to 58mph I could potentially be hitting I don't want to be taking any chances
Cheers
I believe it's only if you hit 100+ over the line.
Think it's 110mph as I only managed 109.6mph and didn't have to wear one

wolfie28

64 posts

74 months

Wednesday 26th April 2017
quotequote all
Alex L said:
ecsrobin said:
LewG said:
Guys,
Probably a daft question to ask and I'm sure it's answered somewhere but do we need to bring a helmet along if we're taking part in the drag racing? With the mind boggling speeds of up to 58mph I could potentially be hitting I don't want to be taking any chances
Cheers
I believe it's only if you hit 100+ over the line.
Think it's 110mph as I only managed 109.6mph and didn't have to wear one
Yeah its 110+mph over the line.

nigelpugh7

Original Poster:

3,603 posts

120 months

Wednesday 26th April 2017
quotequote all
It's a fair point with helmets, if you think there's a chance of flipping your car over, which happens more than you realise, and you have a helmet, I would bring it and wear it too.

For me I shall be wearing my helmet anyway,in my open top Caterham, it's the only way I will go out on track anyway.

Another point somebody brought up about open top cars earlier in the thread.

Having run one of my previous Caterham's at an RWYB, you do need arm restraints for an open top car.

I have them already, and they simply attach to my existing luke harness's.

Tel240z

7 posts

14 months

Wednesday 26th April 2017
quotequote all
well i'm all set to go printed my e ticket and packed the crash helmet suppose i had better check the engine oil

ecsrobin

8,663 posts

95 months

Wednesday 26th April 2017
quotequote all
Tel240z said:
well i'm all set to go printed my e ticket and packed the crash helmet suppose i had better check the engine oil
Only a week early!

zeDuffMan

2,149 posts

81 months

Thursday 27th April 2017
quotequote all
Only half full so far. I thought it would fill up in one day.

LewG

1,084 posts

76 months

Saturday 29th April 2017
quotequote all
Surprised at that too! Thought it'd be absolutely packed straight away

ecsrobin

8,663 posts

95 months

Saturday 29th April 2017
quotequote all
Jack,

With the low numbers registered are you happy if I stay on the list but might be a maybe?

I'm on a driving tour in the area the day before but all depends on how I feel after to decide if I stay or head south. So will be a last minute decision.

Happy to remove myself if not.

Ambleton

4,252 posts

122 months

Sunday 30th April 2017
quotequote all
nigelpugh7 said:
Another point somebody brought up about open top cars earlier in the thread.

you do need arm restraints for an open top car.

I have them already, and they simply attach to my existing luke harness's.
Any ideas where one of these should attach with a standard 3 point intertia reel? Can you just thread then round the lap strap?

nigelpugh7

Original Poster:

3,603 posts

120 months

Sunday 30th April 2017
quotequote all
Ambleton said:
Any ideas where one of these should attach with a standard 3 point intertia reel? Can you just thread then round the lap strap?
Not sure they work with an ordinary seat belt?.

The ones I have slip through the male part of the metal part of the buckle before being inserted into the buckle.

Ambleton

4,252 posts

122 months

Sunday 30th April 2017
quotequote all
nigelpugh7 said:
Ambleton said:
Any ideas where one of these should attach with a standard 3 point intertia reel? Can you just thread then round the lap strap?
Not sure they work with an ordinary seat belt?.

The ones I have slip through the male part of the metal part of the buckle before being inserted into the buckle.
if that's the case, any open top car without a race harness can't run?? That will be quite a lot of cars.


nigelpugh7

Original Poster:

3,603 posts

120 months

Monday 1st May 2017
quotequote all
Ambleton said:
if that's the case, any open top car without a race harness can't run?? That will be quite a lot of cars.
I think the way most people get around it is just to put the roof up for their run!

Johnymd

12 posts

15 months

Wednesday 3rd May 2017
quotequote all
Just to clarify, as I'm a bit new to this. I've paid the £30 for the actual drag racing on the first link then added my name to the list on the second list. It mentions there are only 200 places for drag racing but the second like goes up to 800 places. It mentions you need to add your name to the list if you want to drag race but surely not all the people on that list are going to be able to race. Is it just the first 200? and the others are reserve?