PistonHeads Sunday Service Calendar 2019

PistonHeads Sunday Service Calendar 2019

Author
Discussion

dtulip8

10 posts

13 months

Thursday 29th August 2019
quotequote all
Just got a little question about this. I literally live round the corner, so is this open to people who just fancy coming in and having a drool over the cars or do I have to be on the list?

BenLowden

1,974 posts

127 months

PH Marketing Bloke

Friday 30th August 2019
quotequote all
We've just released two 30-minute taster sessions at our Oulton Park track day on 21st September for £40 each. Full details here: https://www.pistonheads.com/news/trackdays-pistonh...

ecsrobin

10,383 posts

115 months

Friday 30th August 2019
quotequote all
x8one said:
ecsrobin said:
My cars due out the body shop tomorrow. If it isn’t then I’ll be freeing up a space.
Just checked and now 416....

Thanks, hope the car is done for you
Car is ready so I can go! Hope you make the cut.

delta037

401 posts

123 months

Sunday 1st September 2019
quotequote all
Big thanks to the PH team for arranging today's BMW visit. Thanks also to BMW for the free Bacon Roll and Coffee. Most welcome after the trip to get there. I think Farnborough must challenge Milton Keynes for the biggest number of roundabouts! My E46 was polished and sparkling for the occasion but the McLaren Senna was the star of today's PH Members turnout.

Went on to Brooklands Museum for the American Car Day. Also a fabulous event.

Edited by delta037 on Sunday 1st September 14:59

FaNtheMaN26

92 posts

9 months

Sunday 1st September 2019
quotequote all
Must have missed the Senna!

I also went on to brooklands and Mercedes world, great day out

My only gripe is, i get it's a breakfast meeting, but by the time I parked, got my coffee and a bap, had a small look at the bmws, people were leaving at 10.30. Give me a chance to have a butchers!

ecain63

9,991 posts

125 months

Sunday 1st September 2019
quotequote all
^^^ it opened at 9am. Despite the 400 cars (supposedly) that turned up it wasn't really a meet that inspired a long visit. The bulk of cars were BMW's and most were models in multiples. The indoor bit was a bit limited too. On paper it was an enjoyable visit and as always we appreciate the efforts by Pistonheads and BMW.

Good points:

Excellent parking marshalls with sensible rules on who parks where.
Free food and drink was actually very nice. I'd have happily paid for it but free is a treat.
Weather was great.
Sensible driving and noise control.

Bad points:

Can't think of anything bad about it to be fair, however.....

Although the food was free (many thanks), what's the point of opening at 9am and not putting food on until 10am? I know it was probably a BMW decision but you could have got people through as they arrived. This may have kept people on site a bit longer and made more of the meet. Many of us had enough after the baps came out because everyone was inside queuing.

Great job by PH. We need more decent meets though. When are we at Brooklands or Rolls Royce next?



Max M4X WW

4,211 posts

132 months

Sunday 1st September 2019
quotequote all
I saw people queuing for food before 1000 but I personally went in at about 0958 and had my food within 3-5 minutes. Hardly a hardship when it was free.

I was surprised to see people leaving at 1000-1030 though - hardly seemed worth turning up to me if you don't want to look round and have a chat with people but maybe thats not for everyone!

FaNtheMaN26

92 posts

9 months

Monday 2nd September 2019
quotequote all
ecain63 said:
^^^ it opened at 9am. Despite the 400 cars (supposedly) that turned up it wasn't really a meet that inspired a long visit. The bulk of cars were BMW's and most were models in multiples. The indoor bit was a bit limited too. On paper it was an enjoyable visit and as always we appreciate the efforts by Pistonheads and BMW.

Good points:

Excellent parking marshalls with sensible rules on who parks where.
Free food and drink was actually very nice. I'd have happily paid for it but free is a treat.
Weather was great.
Sensible driving and noise control.

Bad points:

Can't think of anything bad about it to be fair, however.....

Although the food was free (many thanks), what's the point of opening at 9am and not putting food on until 10am? I know it was probably a BMW decision but you could have got people through as they arrived. This may have kept people on site a bit longer and made more of the meet. Many of us had enough after the baps came out because everyone was inside queuing.

Great job by PH. We need more decent meets though. When are we at Brooklands or Rolls Royce next?
So an hour and a half is long enough is it? Fair enough I shall jog around next time!

supermanraf

266 posts

131 months

Monday 2nd September 2019
quotequote all
Thanks for a great morning out PistonHeads and BMW! Myself and my son had a great time, much appreciated!!

Blipi

2,354 posts

187 months

Saturday 7th September 2019
quotequote all
Not sure what is going on at PH currently.

Sunday Service has always been a super way to get together a car meet and see an hosting venue.

This year, however, the whole planning, communication and getting meets arranged has been very poor.

Really hope you can get your act together better for next year.

They may not be revenue makers, but the spirit of PH has always been founded on getting like-minded petrolheads together to share our motors and passion. Please get us more dates!!!

Many cars here waiting to be taken!!! smile

Jack Mansfield

Original Poster:

3,163 posts

40 months

PH Community Bloke

PH STAFF

Tuesday 17th September 2019
quotequote all
Next on up the Sunday Service calendar is a visit to the MINI plant in Oxford on 20th October!

We'll be going live with this today, just waiting for the last piece of information to come through from Mini.

Watch this space...

ecsrobin

10,383 posts

115 months

Tuesday 17th September 2019
quotequote all
Jack Mansfield said:
Next on up the Sunday Service calendar is a visit to the MINI plant in Oxford on 20th October!

We'll be going live with this today, just waiting for the last piece of information to come through from Mini.

Watch this space...
Great news.

johnoxford

7 posts

49 months

Tuesday 17th September 2019
quotequote all
New to this Sunday Service thing, so sorry for asking

As I'm booked into Oulton Park, but not on track, do I need tickets, proof of I.D. or what?


Jack Mansfield

Original Poster:

3,163 posts

40 months

PH Community Bloke

PH STAFF

Tuesday 17th September 2019
quotequote all
johnoxford said:
New to this Sunday Service thing, so sorry for asking

As I'm booked into Oulton Park, but not on track, do I need tickets, proof of I.D. or what?
If you're signed up to the calendar for Oulton you'll receive an email on Friday with a windscreen badge that will gain you entry! smile

Jack Mansfield

Original Poster:

3,163 posts

40 months

PH Community Bloke

PH STAFF

Tuesday 17th September 2019
quotequote all
Mini Sunday Service is now live!

Any questions regarding that event, please pop them in that thread. smile

danllama

4,744 posts

92 months

Sunday 22nd September 2019
quotequote all
Blipi said:
Not sure what is going on at PH currently.

Sunday Service has always been a super way to get together a car meet and see an hosting venue.

This year, however, the whole planning, communication and getting meets arranged has been very poor.

Really hope you can get your act together better for next year.

They may not be revenue makers, but the spirit of PH has always been founded on getting like-minded petrolheads together to share our motors and passion. Please get us more dates!!!

Many cars here waiting to be taken!!! smile
Pistonheads gets bought out and Sunday services are in the toilet. They said it wouldn't happen but we all knew it would.

Or should we feign surprise?

BenLowden

1,974 posts

127 months

PH Marketing Bloke

Monday 23rd September 2019
quotequote all
danllama said:
Pistonheads gets bought out and Sunday services are in the toilet. They said it wouldn't happen but we all knew it would.

Or should we feign surprise?
We've already organised the same number of events for 2019 as we had in 2018 so I'm a bit surprised to see that people are disappointed confused

Granted a few less Sunday Services as we wanted to add in a bit more variety, but there's certainly no less effort or willingness from the team here.

It has been more challenging the last couple of years to secure venues and dates for Sunday Services, which has made it more challenging to release a full calendar for the year. It has only really been the last 2/3 years that we put on a calendar for the year; before that most events were only released on site a couple of weeks before the event.

Perhaps a lot of people aren't seeing our main event calendar so I'll add that in here too so it's more visible.

highway

1,206 posts

210 months

Monday 23rd September 2019
quotequote all
Is PH still on the naughty list from Mercedes Benz world? That was a great venue and always very well attended. Maybe worth reaching out to them again?

Similarly, whilst you may have asked already, how about asking Lotus if they would host something? Now they are under new management they may be amenable?

flimper

514 posts

133 months

Monday 23rd September 2019
quotequote all
I always liked the SS at Goodwood in December, breakfast club but without the crowds

ecsrobin

10,383 posts

115 months

Monday 23rd September 2019
quotequote all
BenLowden said:
We've already organised the same number of events for 2019 as we had in 2018 so I'm a bit surprised to see that people are disappointed confused

Granted a few less Sunday Services as we wanted to add in a bit more variety, but there's certainly no less effort or willingness from the team here.

It has been more challenging the last couple of years to secure venues and dates for Sunday Services, which has made it more challenging to release a full calendar for the year. It has only really been the last 2/3 years that we put on a calendar for the year; before that most events were only released on site a couple of weeks before the event.

Perhaps a lot of people aren't seeing our main event calendar so I'll add that in here too so it's more visible.
Ben keep up the great work. It felt a slow start to the year but there seems to be a steady flow and I’m sure for the majority we’re grateful for your efforts. A load of biscuits and sweets will be headed your way in oxford from me (and maybe a few beers).