One single thing that makes you think "knob"

One single thing that makes you think "knob"

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

sday12

4,815 posts

146 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Liquid Knight said:
I never judge anyone by their appearance. People who demonstrate pre-judgmental bias towards people with tattoos (I have none by the way) are as bad as people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminate anyone for any reason.

I think you are confusing dislike to discrimination. I don't believe anyone has yet to be charge with being 'tattooist'

Imho if you want to make yourself look like a Lord of theRings colouring book that's fine, but don't expect to be put on the front desk.

Race, Gender, Sexuality, God given.

Tattoo, given after 16 pints and a Lamb Bhuna.

However, more and more people seem to be 'special' these days, validating their existence with HARRY STAMPED ON THEIR ARSE. I kid you not. Maybe us unmarked will become the minority, then it's our turn to be persecuted.

forzaminardi

1,905 posts

122 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Liquid Knight said:
I never judge anyone by their appearance. People who demonstrate pre-judgmental bias towards people with tattoos (I have none by the way) are as bad as people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminate anyone for any reason.
Oh yes you do.

R300will

3,799 posts

86 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
sday12 said:
However, more and more people seem to be 'special' these days, validating their existence with HARRY STAMPED ON THEIR ARSE. I kid you not. Maybe us unmarked will become the minority, then it's our turn to be persecuted.
Nah we're too smart to let that happen wink

fluffnik

20,156 posts

162 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
KingNothing said:
The wker who blocked two lanes of traffic with his truck to prevent someone merging in turn further down the road. I know the megane was coming up at warp factor 10, still doesn't give you the right to self appoint yourself police of the highways.
Take his number, report to police and employer.

Always.

e21Mark

11,663 posts

108 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
The people who wait till the very last moment to merge when the outside lane gets closed.


Advertisement

Phil Mitchell

22 posts

79 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
fluffnik said:
Take his number, report to police and employer.

Always.
rolleyes yes that's right, such a terrible crime needs the man sacked, prosecuted and his life destroyed.

or.... you could stop being the roads fking police yourself and just get on with the rest of your life and stop poking your nose in to other peoples lives.

GALLARDOGUY

8,160 posts

154 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Phil Mitchell said:
fluffnik said:
Take his number, report to police and employer.

Always.
rolleyes yes that's right, such a terrible crime needs the man sacked, prosecuted and his life destroyed.

or.... you could stop being the roads fking police yourself and just get on with the rest of your life and stop poking your nose in to other peoples lives.
Agreed. Grassing over something so trivial. Pathetic.

Munter

28,154 posts

176 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
GALLARDOGUY said:
Agreed. Grassing over something so trivial. Pathetic.
Grassing? st are we still in school?

Phil Mitchell

22 posts

79 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Munter said:
Grassing? st are we still in school?
we're not, but it appears fluffnik still is

colonel c

7,477 posts

174 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Me. For parking too close to a turning into a bank carpark this evening and making difficult for others to get in and out.
Sorry. Won't happen again.

Liquid Knight

15,153 posts

118 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
GALLARDOGUY said:
Phil Mitchell said:
fluffnik said:
Take his number, report to police and employer.

Always.
rolleyes yes that's right, such a terrible crime needs the man sacked, prosecuted and his life destroyed.

or.... you could stop being the roads fking police yourself and just get on with the rest of your life and stop poking your nose in to other peoples lives.
Agreed. Grassing over something so trivial. Pathetic.
Not really. Even if it's only made a note of if the same vehicle is involved in a collision later on it demonstrates a pattern of behavior.

GALLARDOGUY

8,160 posts

154 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Munter said:
GALLARDOGUY said:
Agreed. Grassing over something so trivial. Pathetic.
Grassing? st are we still in school?
Call it what you want. I stand by my point.

Wills2

15,109 posts

110 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
e21Mark said:
The people who wait till the very last moment to merge when the outside lane gets closed.
Yep we love a queue in this country don't we, fact is we should all merge in turn. Driving up to the obstruction using all available lanes and "merge in turn" but no we double the length of the queue.

Normally aided by some missguided "professional driver" blocking the outside lane with his HGV.

(but then again anyone who regulary drives the A1 is quite used to that even when there is no obstruction.)




Phil Mitchell

22 posts

79 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Wills2 said:
Yep we love a queue in this country don't we, fact is we should all merge in turn. Driving up to the obstruction using all available lanes and "merge in turn" but no we double the length of the queue.

Normally aided by some missguided "professional driver" blocking the outside lane with his HGV.

(but then again anyone who regulary drives the A1 is quite used to that even when there is no obstruction.)



confused

If you come to some roadworks and there's 20 cars infront of you, how the fk does it make it quicker to get through if people are merging in turn? it will still take the same length of time for cars to drive along the single lane, it will not matter if those cars are all sat in one lane, or sat in two lanes and merging in turn

If you come to some road works and everybody has already moved in to the left lane, the fact you then drive down the outside to "do the right thing" means you are jumping infront of those who are queuing. If you joined the back of the queue, the time it would take you to get through the roads works would be the same as if you joined the back of a two lane queue of people merging in turn

Stop hiding behind the excuse of merging in turn being the correct thing to do, when infact all you want to do is get through the road works quicker than you would otherwise do if you stayed the 21st person back by either queing in one lane or queing in two lanes

BonzoG

1,477 posts

149 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
^^^^ Missing the point. banghead


Merging in turn isn't supposed to make it quicker - it does however make the queue physically shorter, which might avoid snarling up junctions behind you. This is A Good Thing™ for cross traffic/people on preceding roundabouts/trying to get to an earlier slip road that would otherwise be blocked by stationary traffic.

If everyone merged in turn properly you would still take the same amount of time to get through, but the road space is used more efficiently in the process.

It's only quicker now for late mergers because of all the sheeple queueing in the one lane.

carl_w

6,151 posts

193 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
People that don't understand merging in turn is the most efficient method.

Hugo a Gogo

22,230 posts

168 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Phil Mitchell said:
Wills2 said:
Yep we love a queue in this country don't we, fact is we should all merge in turn. Driving up to the obstruction using all available lanes and "merge in turn" but no we double the length of the queue.

Normally aided by some missguided "professional driver" blocking the outside lane with his HGV.

(but then again anyone who regulary drives the A1 is quite used to that even when there is no obstruction.)



confused

If you come to some roadworks and there's 20 cars infront of you, how the fk does it make it quicker to get through if people are merging in turn? it will still take the same length of time for cars to drive along the single lane, it will not matter if those cars are all sat in one lane, or sat in two lanes and merging in turn

If you come to some road works and everybody has already moved in to the left lane, the fact you then drive down the outside to "do the right thing" means you are jumping infront of those who are queuing. If you joined the back of the queue, the time it would take you to get through the roads works would be the same as if you joined the back of a two lane queue of people merging in turn

Stop hiding behind the excuse of merging in turn being the correct thing to do, when infact all you want to do is get through the road works quicker than you would otherwise do if you stayed the 21st person back by either queing in one lane or queing in two lanes
how far back from the roadworks should you 'get in lane'? a mile? two miles? 10 miles?

how about where whoever put the road works there decides is best, helpfully pointed out with a load of countdown signs and a fking load of cones

2 equal lanes, then no-one CAN jump the queue

BonzoG

1,477 posts

149 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Also, on topic, Transit vans with the racing stripe, snowflake alloys and fake exhaust tips.

Driven by knobbers with a point to prove 99% of the time, and to boot actually not that sporty or powerful.

My plain white unmarked no-bling Sprinter has 40hp more (and RWD!). Even our boggo 6-speed Trafic/Vivaros are quicker and sharper to drive. It's a VAN ffs, the bling is pathetic.

Phil Mitchell

22 posts

79 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
I'm an HGV driver, I block the lanes to stop people pushing in, the only people who seem to dislike this are the ones pushing in, not the majority who are waiting their turn. do i care about the views of those pushing in? nope wavey


carl_w

6,151 posts

193 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Phil Mitchell said:
I'm an HGV driver, I block the lanes to stop people pushing in, the only people who seem to dislike this are the ones pushing in, not the majority who are waiting their turn. do i care about the views of those pushing in? nope wavey
To paraphrase Bernie Ecclestone, maybe if you weren't so stupid you'd be driving a Mercedes instead of an HGV.

Anyway, obvious troll is obvious.
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED