So what car have you been obsessing about today?? (Vol 2)

So what car have you been obsessing about today?? (Vol 2)

Author
Discussion

RC1807

12,691 posts

171 months

Saturday 25th March 2023
quotequote all
epom said:
An MST MK2 Ford Escort
With a 2.5 Mllington. cloud9

Edited poor typing.... whistle

Edited by RC1807 on Monday 27th March 10:22

EVOTECH3BELL

796 posts

27 months

Saturday 25th March 2023
quotequote all
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/2022080484...





The last 24 hours I've learnt everything there is to know about these.

Basically the only modern manual V8.
2018+ face-lift so you get the digital dash
Performance packs available to include Brembos
This particular model is a garish green and is a limited edition.
Service is "cheap"
Mpg is "good"
Loads of aftermarket stuff to spend on
driving

Hippea

1,986 posts

72 months

Saturday 25th March 2023
quotequote all
dvshannow said:
Hippea said:
Today i've been mostly obsessing over this



https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202303165...
Always liked these they look just right imo
They do, it’s amazing how time passes how well these look now. They were seen as over the top and a tad MaxPower but now they look purposeful and delicate

This one sold quick, looked like a good example

Leins

9,564 posts

151 months

Saturday 25th March 2023
quotequote all
Either of these currently. I know white is more of an 80s colour for German stuff, but I’m really fancying a 90s coupe lately




Hippea

1,986 posts

72 months

Sunday 26th March 2023
quotequote all
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a S3 in this colour, I really like it

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14788697

unsprung

5,488 posts

127 months

Sunday 26th March 2023
quotequote all
Can Johnny Foreigner play?

Left hookers out of left field. I'm not exactly milling about the forecourt and making a nuisance of myself, but these two do pop into my mind fairly regularly.







Harry Flashman

19,581 posts

245 months

Sunday 26th March 2023
quotequote all
The bronco is brilliant. Would love one.

Xcore

1,351 posts

93 months

Sunday 26th March 2023
quotequote all
Clio 182s seem to be this weeks fancy!

Killer2005

19,767 posts

231 months

Sunday 26th March 2023
quotequote all
Harry Flashman said:
The bronco is brilliant. Would love one.
yes I too would love a Bronco. Only one for sale on auto trader and way out of my league.

Wadeski

8,231 posts

216 months

Monday 27th March 2023
quotequote all
Can't help but think that the Corvette E-Ray is an absolute beast of a thing, and very appealing as an everyday driver.

655hp, 2 convertible options (targa or folding metal), mag ride comfort, hybrid with silent mode, good luggage space, reliable, AWD for bad weather....

Sure its not going to be ultimate finesse machine like a GT3, but what a proposition as an all-rounder.

Also: even with every option ticked, its $120k. I mean these days that is entry level pricing on a 911...




unsprung

5,488 posts

127 months

Monday 27th March 2023
quotequote all
Wadeski said:
Can't help but think that the Corvette E-Ray is an absolute beast of a thing, and very appealing as an everyday driver.

655hp, 2 convertible options (targa or folding metal), mag ride comfort, hybrid with silent mode, good luggage space, reliable, AWD for bad weather....

Sure its not going to be ultimate finesse machine like a GT3, but what a proposition as an all-rounder.

Also: even with every option ticked, its $120k. I mean these days that is entry level pricing on a 911...

Good call. Lots of change in this, the eighth generation of Corvette.

First of all, there's the migration to a mid-engined configuration, then there's the creation of the world's largest flat-plane-crankshaft V8 (for the uprated Z06 variant), and now there's the addition of an optionally-available hybrid ICE-EV powertrain with - gasp! - AWD.

It's fun seeing the ICE versions out and about. Looks ace in person. thumbup

And... as you note, despite some fairly profound changes to the current generation, the C8 carries forth a number of attributes and values that Corvette has long been appreciated for.



Edited by unsprung on Tuesday 28th March 03:07

s94wht

1,632 posts

62 months

Tuesday 28th March 2023
quotequote all
It's currently taking me a lot of willpower not to swap my perfectly capable and sensible Mk7.5 Golf GTI, which does everything I need it to with aplomb, for a 997 Carrera S. Just something about them I really like. I'd look at getting a cheaper one, sub £25k, to minimise any initial outlay, and then gradually fix problems with it and upgrade it, keeping it long-term. If there was any way I could afford to have them both, I would, and I think that would be perfect for me.

Besides the cost of running one though, the other concern is that I wouldn't be able to get my folding golf trolley in it as well as my clubs. The GTI swallows it up perfectly well.

I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming for now... cry

ucb

1,002 posts

215 months

Tuesday 28th March 2023
quotequote all
Old Jags.
XJS, or an XJ6 -1980s versions, or an XJ8 from around 2004.
No need for any of them but my dad always used to have a Jag.

CrippsCorner

2,887 posts

184 months

Thursday 30th March 2023
quotequote all
Hippea said:
dvshannow said:
Hippea said:
Today i've been mostly obsessing over this



https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202303165...
Always liked these they look just right imo
They do, it’s amazing how time passes how well these look now. They were seen as over the top and a tad MaxPower but now they look purposeful and delicate

This one sold quick, looked like a good example
I know everything is crazy now, but looking at that depresses me that I sold mine for £6,300 grumpy

Hippea

1,986 posts

72 months

Thursday 30th March 2023
quotequote all
CrippsCorner said:
Hippea said:
dvshannow said:
Hippea said:
Today i've been mostly obsessing over this



https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202303165...
Always liked these they look just right imo
They do, it’s amazing how time passes how well these look now. They were seen as over the top and a tad MaxPower but now they look purposeful and delicate

This one sold quick, looked like a good example
I know everything is crazy now, but looking at that depresses me that I sold mine for £6,300 grumpy
I can’t remember what it was up for now, was it £20k?

Artsy

255 posts

81 months

Thursday 30th March 2023
quotequote all
I really want a Litchfield tuned Nissan GTR.

A500leroy

5,257 posts

121 months

Thursday 30th March 2023
quotequote all
hybrid fiat 500.

getmecoat

epom

11,901 posts

164 months

Thursday 30th March 2023
quotequote all
Cooper S Clubman (version 2)

cirian75

4,288 posts

236 months

Thursday 30th March 2023
quotequote all
Hippea said:
CrippsCorner said:
Hippea said:
dvshannow said:
Hippea said:
Today i've been mostly obsessing over this



https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202303165...
Always liked these they look just right imo
They do, it’s amazing how time passes how well these look now. They were seen as over the top and a tad MaxPower but now they look purposeful and delicate

This one sold quick, looked like a good example
I know everything is crazy now, but looking at that depresses me that I sold mine for £6,300 grumpy
I can’t remember what it was up for now, was it £20k?
Stop showing me nice stuff I can now afford.........................lol

CrippsCorner

2,887 posts

184 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
cirian75 said:
Hippea said:
CrippsCorner said:
Hippea said:
dvshannow said:
Hippea said:
Today i've been mostly obsessing over this



https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202303165...
Always liked these they look just right imo
They do, it’s amazing how time passes how well these look now. They were seen as over the top and a tad MaxPower but now they look purposeful and delicate

This one sold quick, looked like a good example
I know everything is crazy now, but looking at that depresses me that I sold mine for £6,300 grumpy
I can’t remember what it was up for now, was it £20k?
Stop showing me nice stuff I can now afford.........................lol
Not sure but looking at the others for sale it seems the going rate is now £15k - £20k

So only 3 times what I sold mine for then...