RE: Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4: Revisited

RE: Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4: Revisited

Author
Discussion

crimbo

1,306 posts

200 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
Love the engine and the sound is perfection, but the back for me is just not right, just looks unfinished and rushed. The colour is nowhere near as nice as verdi itachi. I like it from the front and side but its ruined from behind which is the view most people will see of them when they floor it. Least it will sound great

Pluggy101

17 posts

140 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
If you were in the market for a N/A powered V10 would you not consider the new R8 V10 plus and save £40k plus in the process over the Huracan?

Lordbenny

7,961 posts

191 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
My mate has just taken delivery of his...In addition to the black wheels he has added some gloss black wrap and tinted the windows...subtle but affective I feel! smile


Edited to add....His Aventador SV arrives later in the year!

Edited by Lordbenny on Wednesday 17th June 19:15

Axionknight

8,420 posts

107 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
Yep, that looks superb.

BRB, selling the house.

GordonF430

186 posts

187 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
Its a nice car, but its really not that good or special disappointingly.

Had one for the afternoon a few weeks back, and although the engine is pretty sweet there are some things that i hated.

1. plastic rear slats above the engine - hides the masterpiece looks cheap and feels similar
2. Interior door handles - huge plastic ugly things
3. Interior air vents - huge plastic ugly things
4. Steering very vague, no huge amount of feedback or communication
5. Shift paddles are a bit awkward and are bizarrely shaped

Its no better than my old R8 overall (which you can now buy for £45k!), and the interior of that was vastly better.

Some nice touches, but there is no way I'd pay £200k+ for one....not a chance.

Drive an Aventador Roadster, and you'll realise that the genius of Lamborghini unfortunately now starts at a much higher £.

Twoshoe

631 posts

156 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
Lordbenny said:
My mate has just taken delivery of his...In addition to the black wheels he has added some gloss black wrap and tinted the windows...subtle but affective I feel! smile


Edited to add....His Aventador SV arrives later in the year!

Edited by Lordbenny on Wednesday 17th June 19:16
Lucky mate you have!

Boring question, but is that front numberplate legal?

r129sl

9,229 posts

175 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
It looks rather lovely but the noise these cars make is somewhat anti-social. Once upon a time the function of the exhaust equipment was to mute the noise of the engine but now it seems it is to amplify it. Hey ho, I am glad my early-rising neighbour doesn't drive one.

swisstoni

11,870 posts

251 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
It's a Kermit coloured Lamborghini.

Don't talk to me about no steeenking door handles bandit

griffo71

32 posts

96 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
x10 for the two wheel drive Balboni version

Seen these in the flesh alongside very exotic machinery.

Yes it does look conservative FOR a Lambirghini that is..

SteveSteveson

3,209 posts

135 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
dukebox9reg said:
I have to say, even for my love of cars, loud cars etc. If you was doing exhaust fly by vids outside of my house with two babies I would have swiftly told you to F*Off aswell.

Plenty of places you can do that kind of thing without pissing people off.
I agree. It's hardly unreasonable to not want someone driving up and down past your house making a racket for the camera. It's not being a NIMBY or intolerant, frankly it's rather reasonable reaction to antisocial behaviour.

Back to the car and the options, how does DAB, Bluetooth and sat nav compare to they (presumably) same systems on something like an A8? They do seem expensive given that the guts at least can't be much diffrent to stuff on a Golf. But, unfortunately, I'm not going to be having to make the choice any time soon.

Edited by SteveSteveson on Wednesday 17th June 20:40

confucuis

1,177 posts

96 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
Those pops and crackles from the exhaust, are they real or fabricated like the Jag F-type?

Lordbenny

7,961 posts

191 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
Twoshoe said:
Lordbenny said:
My mate has just taken delivery of his...In addition to the black wheels he has added some gloss black wrap and tinted the windows...subtle but affective I feel! smile


Edited to add....His Aventador SV arrives later in the year!

Edited by Lordbenny on Wednesday 17th June 19:16
Lucky mate you have!

Boring question, but is that front numberplate legal?
Nope!

He also has a Gallardo super performance spider, a Mecedes SLS, TWO Nissan GTR's (one with 800bhp) and a Twisted Defender.

Timfy

213 posts

91 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
I always thought these looked a bit dumpy/ill-proportioned in photos/video games etc.

Saw one in the wild the other day, changed my mind instantly, a very, very nice looking bit of kit.

The sound it made was just devine. I can see how it'd be annoying if someone was filming open exhaust drive-by videos past my front window if, for example I was trying to sleep off a night shift at the time, but a superb noise none the less. smile

Dblue

3,039 posts

172 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
GordonF430 said:
Its a nice car, but its really not that good or special disappointingly.

Had one for the afternoon a few weeks back, and although the engine is pretty sweet there are some things that i hated.

1. plastic rear slats above the engine - hides the masterpiece looks cheap and feels similar
2. Interior door handles - huge plastic ugly things
3. Interior air vents - huge plastic ugly things
4. Steering very vague, no huge amount of feedback or communication
5. Shift paddles are a bit awkward and are bizarrely shaped

Its no better than my old R8 overall (which you can now buy for £45k!), and the interior of that was vastly better.

Some nice touches, but there is no way I'd pay £200k+ for one....not a chance.

Drive an Aventador Roadster, and you'll realise that the genius of Lamborghini unfortunately now starts at a much higher £.
In what way?? Too wide, massively awkward to use, intimidating along most decent roads , does it really need more performance than this, Hardly. And another hundred grand. No, as a drivers car the "little" Lambo is where its at.


pork911

5,277 posts

155 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
herebebeasties said:
Hmmm, Bluetooth + a radio + satnav for £3,780? Or a whole Mazda RX-8?
Yep, I can see all buyers doing that.

Dan Trent

1,866 posts

140 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
SteveSteveson said:
I agree. It's hardly unreasonable to not want someone driving up and down past your house making a racket for the camera. It's not being a NIMBY or intolerant, frankly it's rather reasonable reaction to antisocial behaviour.
Accepted, but I had been scrupulously bimbling when near the houses (corner was about half a mile from NSL sign at exit to village and nearest house) and as an opening gambit this was rather on the punchy side.

Dan

jeremyc

19,984 posts

256 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
GordonF430 said:
Had one for the afternoon a few weeks back, and although the engine is pretty sweet there are some things that i hated.

1. plastic rear slats above the engine - hides the masterpiece looks cheap and feels similar
2. Interior door handles - huge plastic ugly things
3. Interior air vents - huge plastic ugly things
4. Steering very vague, no huge amount of feedback or communication
5. Shift paddles are a bit awkward and are bizarrely shaped

Its no better than my old R8 overall (which you can now buy for £45k!), and the interior of that was vastly better.
I had one for a day which was an interesting comparison to my Gallardo.

My summary:
1. Engine is immense.
2. Brakes are superb: fantastic feel and progression with great stopping power.
3. Dynamic steering stuff is appalling. The effects of the variability are well documented, but it ends up being stupidly heavy at motorway speeds - almost as if they have mistaken weight for feel.
4. The indicator switch on the steering wheel is plain daft.
5. Gearbox is a technological masterpiece, but ultimately completely uninvolving.
6. TFT dashboard is lovely.
7. Too many switches to be pressed to get it into my desired mode before being able to drive off (gearbox, handbrake, Anima, dashboard display...) with no means for it to remember preferred settings - so you have to repeat the whole process every time you start the car.
8. Agree on low rent interior in places.
9. Rear visibility is non-existent. Slightly worrying not being able to spot the local constabulary given the speed that can be gained very quickly ...

So my request to Lamborghini: I'll take the engine, brakes and dashboard in my Gallardo, please. hehe


leglessAlex

4,225 posts

113 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
jeremyc said:
4. The indicator switch on the steering wheel is plain daft.
Harry Metcalfe had one for a review, and while he said that indicators being on the wheel anywhere is worse than on a stalk, he reckoned that the system Lambo has is way better than Ferraris.

Have you driven any of the new Ferrari cars, is there any truth to that?

I'm guessing that manufacturers will eventually try and put everything on the steering wheel, might as well know which set ups are the best (or the least bad?).

R8VXF

6,081 posts

87 months

Thursday 18th June 2015
quotequote all
Still a bit marmite on this car tbh. Not sure if I like it or not. Glad the options list on my car was a lot simpler though! Been trying out the (standard) automagic parking the last couple of days and am well impressed! If Vauxhall (sorry HSV/Holden) can offer all the extras and more than this car has for a price of £55k, one wonders how these manufacturers get away with charging quite so much for them. It really does baffle me.

Gus265

249 posts

105 months

Thursday 18th June 2015
quotequote all
I was already getting bored but totally lost interest in this article at "16.2:1 is not as good as 11.9:1...steering angles...some other numbers about steering racks...etc etc". Is it rubbish or not please? As a punter I don't have the time to understand what this means and it just sounds like you are trying to be clever. Great to be able to compare lots of different cars all day but keep it real please. You might aswell have written in Latin.
As for the car, I love Lambos but I can't work out why this one doesn't quite work. Is it unfair to say the front looks like a squashed mid 2000s Citroen Picasso?!