Real Good Number Plates vol 5

Real Good Number Plates vol 5

Author
Discussion

yanyan

300 posts

157 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
FlammableTulip said:
RSTurboPaul said:
Saw N1GEL (no spaces) the other day on a Tesla thing. I'm sure that cost a wedge but is worth a wedge more now.

IIRC I've also seen S1MON on a Lambo a while ago.
250 quid plate once all the nigel's die, you don't get babies called nigel anymore.
If I owned that plate, I'd christen my kid (boy or girl!) Nigel, just to make sure the plate was relevant.

SAB888

2,278 posts

152 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
Drew106 said:
CRA1G said:
RSTurboPaul said:
Saw N1GEL (no spaces) the other day on a Tesla thing. I'm sure that cost a wedge but is worth a wedge more now.

IIRC I've also seen S1MON on a Lambo a while ago.
Both similar in price "N1 GEL" £60K Dec 96 "S1 MON" £59K Jan 99 + the bits etc... both fantastic investments... there was a TV programme about "N1 GEL" a while ago but I can't find it....
I remember that show. I think this might be it, but haven't watched it because in work at the mo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b052WtVvio
Yes that's the programme. The guy had it on his Lamborghini Diablo.

Ar63

62 posts

11 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
CRA1G said:
Ar63 said:
Anyone know how much 1B was sold for? I remember seeing this on a Bugatti a few years ago but DVLA plate website doesn't show it
£19K + the bits Jan 94..... super buy... for a super car...clap
Cheers!

Thornaby

390 posts

14 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
The bloke who had N2 GEL had issues didn’t he

CRA1G

3,445 posts

140 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
Thornaby said:
The bloke who had N2 GEL had issues didn’t he
Yea... he wanted N1 GEL...biglaugh

LarJammer

1,753 posts

155 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
CRA1G said:
Thornaby said:
The bloke who had N2 GEL had issues didn’t he
Yea... he wanted N1 GEL...biglaugh
Weird. I saw N2GEL the other day and it reminded me of that programme. Not sure if the same guy still owns it (probably as I seem to recall he thought it was worth a fortune).

Shnozz

20,678 posts

216 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
Blimey! Nigel Dobbie in that video! A long term PHer and remember seeing the Vette all over the plate, including down in Le Mans. Wasn't his Mrs Jan with the koenigsegg?

pingu393

3,413 posts

150 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
Ar63 said:
CRA1G said:
Ar63 said:
Anyone know how much 1B was sold for? I remember seeing this on a Bugatti a few years ago but DVLA plate website doesn't show it
£19K + the bits Jan 94..... super buy... for a super car...clap
Cheers!
B1 was definitely on a Veyron. I saw it once in Kegworth.

moneymakestheworldgoaround

3,872 posts

120 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
pingu393 said:
B1 was definitely on a Veyron. I saw it once in Kegworth.
B 1 & 1 B have both been on Veyron's wink

xyyman

912 posts

170 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
Shnozz said:
Blimey! Nigel Dobbie in that video! A long term PHer and remember seeing the Vette all over the plate, including down in Le Mans. Wasn't his Mrs Jan with the koenigsegg?
That's right. they both reside and work in the USA these days. He still writes about Corvette Racing in 'Vette News.'

I remember well his yellow 'Vette with BL03 JOB as its plate.

Hatson

1,029 posts

67 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
NFU 1 - Toyota Pick up belonging to the National Farmers Union.

pinkstigsupercar

325 posts

56 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all


Justin Case

1,152 posts

79 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
Seen on the M40 this morning, a Mercedes CLS with the number plate spaced to read OO0 5 LTR. I think I can guess what engine was in that wink

Dinoboy

1,738 posts

162 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all

[/quote]


From your username I take it that's your beastie in front of the Merc? biggrin

Croutons

3,650 posts

111 months

Saturday 7th September
quotequote all
Fun Bus said:
50 UTH - Land Rover Discovery. £2.8k plus fees and VAT in 1999.
I've seen 50 UND on a Ferrari of some sort.

Escort3500

4,889 posts

90 months

Sunday 8th September
quotequote all

Etypephil

445 posts

23 months

Sunday 8th September
quotequote all
2 AL on a Range Rover which pulled onto the A120 this morning forcing my my wife to brake hard.👹👹

nonsequitur

9,873 posts

61 months

Sunday 8th September
quotequote all
yanyan said:
If I owned that plate, I'd christen my kid (boy or girl!) Nigel, just to make sure the plate was relevant.
My son FT04 RYW doesn't think his name is that cool.cool

RATATTAK

5,559 posts

134 months

Sunday 8th September
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
My son FT04 RYW doesn't think his name is that cool.cool
Well a 15 year old Astra without an MOT certificate is not cool either wink

WAVman

59 posts

9 months

Sunday 8th September
quotequote all
Escort3500 said:
Robert Forrester Chief Exec of Vertu Motors PLC, who own Bristol Street Motors, hence BSM.