Classic (old, retro) cars for sale Β£0-5k vol 2

Classic (old, retro) cars for sale Β£0-5k vol 2

Author
Discussion

blueacid

245 posts

89 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
rider73 said:
whats those big yellow blobs for - to tell you your indicators are working ?!
Possibly? I guess if the driver got fed up with themselves for leaving them on so decided to go overboard on the fix for it?

p4cks

3,810 posts

147 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
Yeah didn’t some cars of this vintage have indicators that didn’t self cancel?

RicksAlfas

10,172 posts

192 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
p4cks said:
Yeah didn’t some cars of this vintage have indicators that didn’t self cancel?
It's from 1982. It's not an Edwardian!!

Dont like rolls

619 posts

2 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
p4cks said:
Yeah didn’t some cars of this vintage have indicators that didn’t self cancel?
Citroen did as a specific design feature until the CX I read recently.

Olivergt

260 posts

29 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
stupidbutkeen said:
FA57REN said:
Didnt think I'd see one of these again, 2004 Rover 25 Streetwise 1.4. 49k miles, great condition, £1495




https://www.usedcarsni.com/2004-Rover-Streetwise-S...
That dealer usually has at least 1 interesting car on his forecourt.
I'm quite tempted by this for one of my lads, something a little quirky which should be cheap to insure etc. Only 50k miles.

Does it have the infamous K series engine that needs a head gasket every week?

p4cks

3,810 posts

147 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
Olivergt said:
I'm quite tempted by this for one of my lads, something a little quirky which should be cheap to insure etc. Only 50k miles.

Does it have the infamous K series engine that needs a head gasket every week?
The 1.4 is OK as far as HGF is concerned; anything larger is where the problems usually start and are best avoided

ReaperCushions

3,826 posts

132 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
p4cks said:
Olivergt said:
I'm quite tempted by this for one of my lads, something a little quirky which should be cheap to insure etc. Only 50k miles.

Does it have the infamous K series engine that needs a head gasket every week?
The 1.4 is OK as far as HGF is concerned; anything larger is where the problems usually start and are best avoided
Easy and cheap fix though these days. It wouldn't put me off, I'd just budget for the upgrades to be made.


aaron_2000

3,367 posts

31 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
Olivergt said:
stupidbutkeen said:
FA57REN said:
Didnt think I'd see one of these again, 2004 Rover 25 Streetwise 1.4. 49k miles, great condition, £1495




https://www.usedcarsni.com/2004-Rover-Streetwise-S...
That dealer usually has at least 1 interesting car on his forecourt.
I'm quite tempted by this for one of my lads, something a little quirky which should be cheap to insure etc. Only 50k miles.

Does it have the infamous K series engine that needs a head gasket every week?
For £1400, buy them a Fiesta or Ibiza. As quirky a Streetwise is, it isn't the car for a 17 year old. A 1.9 TDI Ibiza will be cheaper to run too, SDI even cheaper.

thebigmacmoomin

2,307 posts

117 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
aaron_2000 said:
Olivergt said:
stupidbutkeen said:
FA57REN said:
Didnt think I'd see one of these again, 2004 Rover 25 Streetwise 1.4. 49k miles, great condition, £1495




https://www.usedcarsni.com/2004-Rover-Streetwise-S...
That dealer usually has at least 1 interesting car on his forecourt.
I'm quite tempted by this for one of my lads, something a little quirky which should be cheap to insure etc. Only 50k miles.

Does it have the infamous K series engine that needs a head gasket every week?
For £1400, buy them a Fiesta or Ibiza. As quirky a Streetwise is, it isn't the car for a 17 year old. A 1.9 TDI Ibiza will be cheaper to run too, SDI even cheaper.
Quirky but is it cool enough for a 17 y.o ?

FA57REN

168 posts

3 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
aaron_2000 said:
For £1400, buy them a Fiesta or Ibiza. As quirky a Streetwise is, it isn't the car for a 17 year old. A 1.9 TDI Ibiza will be cheaper to run too, SDI even cheaper.
Maybe not cheaper for insurance though, just ran a couple of quotes and the Streetwise was about £200 cheaper than an SDI Ibiza. Not many 17yos crash Streetwises these days I suppose...

Macron

3,990 posts

114 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Late model Calibra with the 2.5 V6. Shame alloys are non standard, but it's a grand.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2019...

0a

21,631 posts

142 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Bet you have not seen one of these today - Mazda 626 gti: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...


BrettMRC

1,094 posts

108 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
0a said:
Bet you have not seen one of these today - Mazda 626 gti: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...

Love it, nice find..not sure on the almost £4k price with that mileage though.

0a

21,631 posts

142 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Another A6 / 100 - a manual estate though this time. I rather like these. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-AUDI-100-C4-2-6-MA...


0a

21,631 posts

142 months

cj2013

1,090 posts

74 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
0a said:
Why have a filled circle for both empty and full? Confusing for someone colour blind?

0a

21,631 posts

142 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
cj2013 said:
Why have a filled circle for both empty and full? Confusing for someone colour blind?
French ergonomics!

McGee_22

3,412 posts

127 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
cj2013 said:
Why have a filled circle for both empty and full? Confusing for someone colour blind?
Egalite francais.

W00DY

11,774 posts

174 months

Sunday 10th November
quotequote all
0a said:
Bet you have not seen one of these today - Mazda 626 gti: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...

I’ve seen most of one, given that my Probe is essentially a 626 coupe with some design by Ford. Good find but definitely a bit pricey.

rickygolf83

80 posts

109 months

Sunday 10th November
quotequote all
thiscocks said:
Or taken in a parallel solar system with several more suns than ours.

I love that Carlton. They have always looked 'right' to me, the saloon and estate. Only thing that would put me off is the auto box.
laugh