The BAD PARKING thread [vol4]

The BAD PARKING thread [vol4]

Author
Discussion

Cliftonite

7,520 posts

96 months

Tuesday 8th October 2019
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
Vipers said:
vikingaero said:
Frimley111R said:
Is that planks of wood rather than a proper dropped kerb?
Why not park on the road, cant see any yellow lines, isnt driving over a non dropped kerb an offence or something.
This guy was featured in a documentary a few years ago. He always parks that way.
Bluff? Double bluff?

Or is a squadron of parrots required?

spin



wildone63

924 posts

169 months

Tuesday 8th October 2019
quotequote all
Driven over double yellow lines to park on and also block footpath,wheels overhanging kerb.

BenjiS

864 posts

49 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
MartG said:
Assuming they have a blue badge, I don’t have a problem with that one. The driver may have needed to park over to swing their door open if there was another car parked in the next slot when they arrived.

nonsequitur

14,817 posts

74 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
BenjiS said:
MartG said:
Assuming they have a blue badge, I don’t have a problem with that one. The driver may have needed to park over to swing their door open if there was another car parked in the next slot when they arrived.
But on this thread we just......know.

Frimley111R

10,904 posts

192 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
Cliftonite said:
DoubleD said:
Vipers said:
vikingaero said:
Frimley111R said:
Is that planks of wood rather than a proper dropped kerb?
Why not park on the road, cant see any yellow lines, isnt driving over a non dropped kerb an offence or something.
This guy was featured in a documentary a few years ago. He always parks that way.
Bluff? Double bluff?

Or is a squadron of parrots required?

spin
hehe He's well known in the area apparently (they all know him hehe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRipMyX73uA

Smitters

3,301 posts

115 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all


Not content with parking the P&J RS hard on the left line of that legit bay, they've abandoned it in the corner plot. If I had a smaller car, I'd have been really, really tempted to squeeze in.

funkyrobot

18,417 posts

186 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
Escort3500 said:
Frank7 said:


In a restaurant car park in Kent, driver got out, I said,
“Could you move over a bit, to give someone else a chance?”
Driver said, “Not my problem.”
Had a re-spray...

Who is that?

Cliftonite

7,520 posts

96 months

dxg

5,849 posts

218 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
funkyrobot said:
Escort3500 said:
Frank7 said:


In a restaurant car park in Kent, driver got out, I said,
“Could you move over a bit, to give someone else a chance?”
Driver said, “Not my problem.”
Had a re-spray...

Who is that?
I think I know who he is...

Smitters

3,301 posts

115 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
dxg said:
I think I know who he is...
Johnny Whittering.

...no.... wait, it'll come to me....

Tommy Shyttering.

Yes. That's it.

Greg the Fish

956 posts

24 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
Cliftonite said:
The Argus always makes me laugh. There are some good ones they've featured in the past and then use, as their headline picture, a picture from the USA.

Morons!

DoubleD

14,508 posts

66 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
BenjiS said:
MartG said:
Assuming they have a blue badge, I don’t have a problem with that one. The driver may have needed to park over to swing their door open if there was another car parked in the next slot when they arrived.
But on this thread we just......know.
Yep its true, we can definitely jump to conclusions.

AlexRS2782

6,155 posts

171 months

Thursday 10th October 2019
quotequote all
Smitters said:


Not content with parking the P&J RS hard on the left line of that legit bay, they've abandoned it in the corner plot. If I had a smaller car, I'd have been really, really tempted to squeeze in.
redcard Time to hand in the PH badge hehe - that's an ST not an RS getmecoat

Still bad parking though.

carlove

5,932 posts

125 months

Thursday 10th October 2019
quotequote all
MartG said:
Not parking per se, but the damage was probably done driving into kerbs while parking...





"a member of Derby City Council's public protection team pulled the driver over. He advised the driver to head straight to a nearby garage to have a new tyre fitted." - should not have been allowed to drive it another foot with it in that state !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/10055663/dangerous...
A bit late to this one, but I can't believe the driver ignored that (can't have not noticed). A couple of months ago somebody changed lanes alongside me and forced me into the curb, it caused the smallest bulge and I got it changed straight away, you just don't risk things like that (£100 or a blowout and possibly killing youself), the tyre wasn't even a month old frown.
For anybody interested the car that forced me into the curb didn't stop or even raise a hand of apologies, not even a flash of the hazards, probably didn't realise, it was a Pegeout estate.

Frimley111R

10,904 posts

192 months

Thursday 10th October 2019
quotequote all
carlove said:
A bit late to this one, but I can't believe the driver ignored that (can't have not noticed). .
I can. I know tons of people who barely look at anything in their cars. If it wasn't for MoTs they'd be all on bald tyres with knackered brakes and no working lights.

WarrenB

962 posts

76 months

Thursday 10th October 2019
quotequote all
Frimley111R said:
carlove said:
A bit late to this one, but I can't believe the driver ignored that (can't have not noticed). .
I can. I know tons of people who barely look at anything in their cars. If it wasn't for MoTs they'd be all on bald tyres with knackered brakes and no working lights.
Someone at work was shocked to find out that the advisories they got for tyres being close to the legal limit at the last years MoT became a fail at the next one.

'Why didn't they tell me they needed changing?'


Frank7

6,336 posts

45 months

Thursday 10th October 2019
quotequote all
carlove said:
A bit late to this one, but I can't believe the driver ignored that (can't have not noticed). A couple of months ago somebody changed lanes alongside me and forced me into the curb, it caused the smallest bulge and I got it changed straight away, you just don't risk things like that (£100 or a blowout and possibly killing youself), the tyre wasn't even a month old frown.
For anybody interested the car that forced me into the curb didn't stop or even raise a hand of apologies, not even a flash of the hazards, probably didn't realise, it was a Pegeout estate.
I’ll accept that you made an unfortunate typo, and meant Peugeot estate, but it reads as if you meant, “Typical, a Peugeot estate, who else would have forced me into the kerb?”
If you did mean that, and I’m quite ready to believe that you didn’t, can you give me a reason?
ETA, I don’t wish to argue the toss over kerb or curb, please don’t take me to task for using kerb.

Mr lestat

2,748 posts

148 months

Thursday 10th October 2019
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
carlove said:
A bit late to this one, but I can't believe the driver ignored that (can't have not noticed). A couple of months ago somebody changed lanes alongside me and forced me into the curb, it caused the smallest bulge and I got it changed straight away, you just don't risk things like that (£100 or a blowout and possibly killing youself), the tyre wasn't even a month old frown.
For anybody interested the car that forced me into the curb didn't stop or even raise a hand of apologies, not even a flash of the hazards, probably didn't realise, it was a Pegeout estate.
I’ll accept that you made an unfortunate typo, and meant Peugeot estate, but it reads as if you meant, “Typical, a Peugeot estate, who else would have forced me into the kerb?”
If you did mean that, and I’m quite ready to believe that you didn’t, can you give me a reason?
ETA, I don’t wish to argue the toss over kerb or curb, please don’t take me to task for using kerb.
Sounds like a typical Peugeot driver to me

carlove

5,932 posts

125 months

Thursday 10th October 2019
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
I’ll accept that you made an unfortunate typo, and meant Peugeot estate, but it reads as if you meant, “Typical, a Peugeot estate, who else would have forced me into the kerb?”
If you did mean that, and I’m quite ready to believe that you didn’t, can you give me a reason?
ETA, I don’t wish to argue the toss over kerb or curb, please don’t take me to task for using kerb.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any offence caused. Believe me that wasn’t my intention.

Frank7

6,336 posts

45 months

Thursday 10th October 2019
quotequote all
carlove said:
Frank7 said:
I’ll accept that you made an unfortunate typo, and meant Peugeot estate, but it reads as if you meant, “Typical, a Peugeot estate, who else would have forced me into the kerb?”
If you did mean that, and I’m quite ready to believe that you didn’t, can you give me a reason?
ETA, I don’t wish to argue the toss over kerb or curb, please don’t take me to task for using kerb.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any offence caused. Believe me that wasn’t my intention.
You certainly didn’t cause me any offence, and an apology is definitely not necessary, I just thought that Peugeot drivers had come into the firing line for some reason, rather like it used to be Audi drivers, or any German marque come to that.
When I was driving almost every day of the week, unlike now, it wasn’t rocket science to quickly realise, that aside from me, all drivers were lamentably dire, no matter what they were driving.