Best of the Bargain Basement (Vol.3)

Best of the Bargain Basement (Vol.3)

Author
Discussion

Big Al.

Original Poster:

59,960 posts

195 months

Sunday 11th March 2018
quotequote all

Emeye

7,895 posts

160 months

Sunday 11th March 2018
quotequote all
First in the new volume?

I'm looking for a bargain 6/7 seat family wagon.

Struggling to find anything. Any suggestions?

CharlesdeGaulle

9,765 posts

117 months

Sunday 11th March 2018
quotequote all
Emeye said:
First in the new volume?

I'm looking for a bargain 6/7 seat family wagon.

Struggling to find anything. Any suggestions?
A bit more info would help. Can it be an estate with occasional extra seats, or is it an MPV?

l354uge

1,501 posts

58 months

Sunday 11th March 2018
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
A bit more info would help. Can it be an estate with occasional extra seats, or is it an MPV?
Seat alambhra or espace surely?
V70 7 seater if you dislike two of your passengers.

phil_cardiff

3,895 posts

145 months

Sunday 11th March 2018
quotequote all
.
Advertisement

Ultra Sound Guy

26,796 posts

131 months

Sunday 11th March 2018
quotequote all
phil_cardiff said:
.
Good point, well made!

defblade

5,070 posts

150 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
Checking in smile

GeordieInExile

589 posts

57 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
Emeye said:
First in the new volume?

I'm looking for a bargain 6/7 seat family wagon.

Struggling to find anything. Any suggestions?
Zafira.

Might struggle to get a VXR within budget though...

Emeye

7,895 posts

160 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
A bit more info would help. Can it be an estate with occasional extra seats, or is it an MPV?
Anything with 6 or 7 seats - it will be a backup to our XC90 - the more "interesting" the better, but at this budget I guess I cannot be fussy.

andburg

2,996 posts

106 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
only posting to keep this ion my recent topics!

TonyRPH

9,489 posts

105 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all

CharlesdeGaulle

9,765 posts

117 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
Emeye said:
CharlesdeGaulle said:
A bit more info would help. Can it be an estate with occasional extra seats, or is it an MPV?
Anything with 6 or 7 seats - it will be a backup to our XC90 - the more "interesting" the better, but at this budget I guess I cannot be fussy.
Budget is all-important, but at bargain basement money this would be hard to beat. Warranty and 10 months MOT. 15 quid for a new bonnet star and that looks pretty classy.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...



Jim AK

4,029 posts

61 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Budget is all-important, but at bargain basement money this would be hard to beat. Warranty and 10 months MOT. 15 quid for a new bonnet star and that looks pretty classy.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...


That Star just needs pushing back upright.

I`d be checking that for serious Tinworm on front wings, sills by the rear wheels, tailgate, bottom of doors, anywhere really!

Emeye

7,895 posts

160 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
Jim AK said:
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Budget is all-important, but at bargain basement money this would be hard to beat. Warranty and 10 months MOT. 15 quid for a new bonnet star and that looks pretty classy.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...


That Star just needs pushing back upright.

I`d be checking that for serious Tinworm on front wings, sills by the rear wheels, tailgate, bottom of doors, anywhere really!
It even comes with the latest must have Euro-style mod - a roof rack..... hehe

It was rot that finally made me give up my W202 230k a few years back.

CharlesdeGaulle

9,765 posts

117 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
Jim AK said:
That Star just needs pushing back upright.

I`d be checking that for serious Tinworm on front wings, sills by the rear wheels, tailgate, bottom of doors, anywhere really!
It'll be rusty, all of these are, but for a grand with long MOT you can't be too choosy, and they're fundamentally good cars if you can live with shabby metalwork.

CM954

496 posts

122 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
Emeye said:
Anything with 6 or 7 seats - it will be a backup to our XC90 - the more "interesting" the better, but at this budget I guess I cannot be fussy.
Fiat Multipla is "interesting" and seats 6. Original JTD version was actually fun to drive too. For £700 if it works, buy it.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201...


Edited by CM954 on Monday 12th March 16:18

Krikkit

13,902 posts

118 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
I shouldn't, but I really like the original Multipla - a no-nonsense design which didn't give a fig for looks.

TooLateForAName

3,765 posts

121 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
It'll be rusty, all of these are, but for a grand with long MOT you can't be too choosy, and they're fundamentally good cars if you can live with shabby metalwork.
It looks to have rust on the front wings, all 4 arches and some of the doors.

TonyRPH

9,489 posts

105 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
TooLateForAName said:
It looks to have rust on the front wings, all 4 arches and some of the doors.
The MOT history makes for bleak reading too.

2017:

both headlights deteriorated
rear under body corrosion
all brake pipes corroded
slight oil leak

But for 2018 only: (which seems odd as surely the under body corrosion is unlikely to have been repaired...?)

Nearside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Nearside Rear Outer Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Nearside Rear Inner Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Integroo

2,960 posts

22 months

Monday 12th March 2018
quotequote all
A rather nice looking IS200 for under a grand ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2...