The "Sh*t Driving Caught On Cam" Thread (Vol 4)

The "Sh*t Driving Caught On Cam" Thread (Vol 4)

Author
Discussion

WCZ

6,157 posts

132 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
Penfolds said:
jesus!

Byker28i

15,788 posts

155 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
KerwinRobertson said:
Alex_225 said:
boobles said:
Not sure if this belongs in here but surely the parents need locking up!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB5b-5JlC8o
Wow! I mean it's a poor enough show to think that firstly the car door wasn't shut and secondly that the car seat was able to just fall out. Secondly it's even worse that they didn't even bloody notice.

As a parent of two (5/1) it would horrify me to think they could fall out of the car! Poor little kid must have been terrified.
That looks deliberate. They shut the car door after the seat falls out.
That was my thinking too - they don't have a single child/boys only policy still do they?

FWIW

719 posts

35 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
jagnet said:
I'd have no issues putting the blame 50/50 in that incident.
That is utterly bizarre!!

Nano2nd

3,051 posts

194 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
FWIW said:
jagnet said:
I'd have no issues putting the blame 50/50 in that incident.
That is utterly bizarre!!
agreed, that's exactly why Jury's have more that one person one them, scary!

podwin

650 posts

140 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
The Dangerous Elk said:
1:54....helpful ...NOT, total prick.
Yeah, why would anyone not ease off and let them in.
Advertisement

cb1965

2,786 posts

83 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
jagnet said:
I'd have no issues putting the blame 50/50 in that incident.
You've no issue with being completely wrong then?

It's no wonder driving is so poor in the UK if this is the level of understanding of a simple clear cut incident.

cb1965

2,786 posts

83 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
podwin said:
The Dangerous Elk said:
1:54....helpful ...NOT, total prick.
Yeah, why would anyone not ease off and let them in.
Because the type of people who post these incidents are looking to be as awkward as possible to add footage to their YT Channels. I think a law should be passed where anyone with a YT channel and a cam be they in a car, on a bike or whatever should have to display a DCW badge clearly on their vehicle so we know they are going to drive or cycle like a tt!

Russian Troll Bot

19,666 posts

165 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
KerwinRobertson said:
Alex_225 said:
boobles said:
Not sure if this belongs in here but surely the parents need locking up!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB5b-5JlC8o
Wow! I mean it's a poor enough show to think that firstly the car door wasn't shut and secondly that the car seat was able to just fall out. Secondly it's even worse that they didn't even bloody notice.

As a parent of two (5/1) it would horrify me to think they could fall out of the car! Poor little kid must have been terrified.
That looks deliberate. They shut the car door after the seat falls out.
That was my thinking too - they don't have a single child/boys only policy still do they?
In Minnesota?

jagnet

2,734 posts

140 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
cb1965 said:
You've no issue with being completely wrong then?

It's no wonder driving is so poor in the UK if this is the level of understanding of a simple clear cut incident.
For insurance purposes I'm sure that it'll be clear cut, but I stand by my comments. The lead car would've arrived home without incident if they hadn't momentarily decided to invent their own system of priorities, however well intentioned, and randomly come to a stop on a relatively free flowing road without checking their mirrors before and during.

However right you may be in the eyes of the law and insurance it is, imho, down to each driver to work with every other driver to try and get home in one piece and without incident. You either have to be very inexperienced or desperately over confident in the abilities of others to not consider that stopping randomly in the road significantly increases the likelihood of a rear shunt.

If I'm letting someone out of a side road I'll ease off the throttle well before the junction to let the gap ahead grow so that the waiting car can join without me having to reduce my speed by more than a few mph, let alone come to a complete stop. I would never ever perform a manoeuvre like the lead car in the video did.

Our vision is not well designed for judging the changing speed of objects travelling in the same direction as us. Brake lights don't give any indication as to whether the car ahead is gently slowing or anchoring up. It's no wonder that rear end shunts are so common an occurrence. At least in an emergency situation there's a) good justification for coming to a stop and b) a good chance the car behind can also see the hazard and realise that you're going to be stopping fairly sharply. Playing "after you, Claude" doesn't do either.

Krikkit

14,191 posts

119 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
Can I point out that the traffic in front of the CMAX on the other side of the junction had slowed heavily to give way - the CMAX driver treated it correctly by stopping there imho as they would otherwise have blocked the junction (even if it was likely to be brief).

The camera car was going too quickly and wasn't paying enough attention to read the road ahead.

cb1965

2,786 posts

83 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
Yep, but anyway, I've said my piece so let's get back to videos of bad driving.

jagnet

2,734 posts

140 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
Krikkit said:
Can I point out that the traffic in front of the CMAX on the other side of the junction had slowed heavily to give way
They had, but from as much as I can see on my phone they were past the junction and still moving well before the CMAX came to a halt. Slowing is understandable, but I'm convinced that the driver stopped specifically to let the other car out rather than come off the brakes and join the cars on the other side of the junction.

jagnet

2,734 posts

140 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
cb1965 said:
Yep, but anyway, I've said my piece so let's get back to videos of bad driving.
Oh sorry, is this just the 5 minute argument and not the full half hour? smile

saaby93

24,928 posts

116 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
jagnet said:
Krikkit said:
Can I point out that the traffic in front of the CMAX on the other side of the junction had slowed heavily to give way
They had, but from as much as I can see on my phone they were past the junction and still moving well before the CMAX came to a halt. Slowing is understandable, but I'm convinced that the driver stopped specifically to let the other car out rather than come off the brakes and join the cars on the other side of the junction.
just in case anyone hasnt seen 1:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJNb2PedOU&fe...
watch the red car in front



Edited by saaby93 on Wednesday 16th January 15:28

SimonTheSailor

9,387 posts

166 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
podwin said:
The Dangerous Elk said:
1:54....helpful ...NOT, total prick.
Yeah, why would anyone not ease off and let them in.
This is what I don't get with this dash cam crap. Somebody was indicating for some time that they wanted to join. OK, they were late in attempting to join, shouldn't have but the signs were there that something could happen, a potential hazard. The guy with the dash cam was still travelling faster toward the car - the potential hazard, and didn't really lift off until they nearly touched bumpers .

Even though the black 4 X4 was doing wrong why turn it into more of an incident when it could have gone smoothly ?

Laurel Green

26,050 posts

170 months

shakotan

10,128 posts

134 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
KerwinRobertson said:
Alex_225 said:
boobles said:
Not sure if this belongs in here but surely the parents need locking up!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB5b-5JlC8o
Wow! I mean it's a poor enough show to think that firstly the car door wasn't shut and secondly that the car seat was able to just fall out. Secondly it's even worse that they didn't even bloody notice.

As a parent of two (5/1) it would horrify me to think they could fall out of the car! Poor little kid must have been terrified.
That looks deliberate. They shut the car door after the seat falls out.
That was my thinking too - they don't have a single child/boys only policy still do they?
I don't think America has ever had such a policy?

Krikkit

14,191 posts

119 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
saaby93 said:
jagnet said:
Krikkit said:
Can I point out that the traffic in front of the CMAX on the other side of the junction had slowed heavily to give way
They had, but from as much as I can see on my phone they were past the junction and still moving well before the CMAX came to a halt. Slowing is understandable, but I'm convinced that the driver stopped specifically to let the other car out rather than come off the brakes and join the cars on the other side of the junction.
just in case anyone hasnt seen 1:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJNb2PedOU&fe...
watch the red car in front
I agree that the CMAX forced a stop to let someone out, no doubt! What I'm saying is that the cam car was too quick into a situation that he didn't read correctly. Another few mph slower and he'd have been fine.

I wonder if he was target fixating on the Nissan that's pulling away.

boobles

15,193 posts

153 months

Krikkit

14,191 posts

119 months

Wednesday 16th January
quotequote all
boobles said:
laugh

SFW if anyone's wondering. It's a WTF of stupid, not horror. smile