Are these Vloggers just a scam? SOL or Shmee etc? (Vol 2)

Are these Vloggers just a scam? SOL or Shmee etc? (Vol 2)

Author
Discussion

Shmee

7,234 posts

159 months

Sunday 22nd September
quotequote all
The 'losses' on a sale right now for those two wouldn't be fun but then I work to enjoy things like cars, so while it's nicer to have an asset worth as much as you paid (or more!), if you don't intend to sell it in a hurry then nothing is technically lost and you had the experience of buying it from new and using it.

I suspect my collection as a whole would be worth approximately evens on what it cost me based on the current market, and yes that may come down going forwards but of the cars that I have right now, the one I'm most worried about the future value of is the GTC4Lusso. I bought it pretty wisely at 2 years old with around £100k off already and if it looses me another £100k over 2-3 years of ownership then that was the cost of an epic time travelling around Europe in a V12 Ferrari - which is something I might not be able to do in the future.

To add, I fully expect to lose a sizeable chunk on my inbound AMG GT R Pro. I don't think the sale of that car 12-24 months later is going to bode well at all but again it will be a thrilling ownership experience and enjoyable to drive and use frequently and sometimes that's more what it should be about than purely the financial side.

0a

21,483 posts

140 months

Sunday 22nd September
quotequote all
I wonder if there will be an impact on the more stretched Youtubers?

KHK

482 posts

30 months

Sunday 22nd September
quotequote all
Shmee said:
The 'losses' on a sale right now for those two wouldn't be fun but then I work to enjoy things like cars, so while it's nicer to have an asset worth as much as you paid (or more!), if you don't intend to sell it in a hurry then nothing is technically lost and you had the experience of buying it from new and using it.

I suspect my collection as a whole would be worth approximately evens on what it cost me based on the current market, and yes that may come down going forwards but of the cars that I have right now, the one I'm most worried about the future value of is the GTC4Lusso. I bought it pretty wisely at 2 years old with around £100k off already and if it looses me another £100k over 2-3 years of ownership then that was the cost of an epic time travelling around Europe in a V12 Ferrari - which is something I might not be able to do in the future.

To add, I fully expect to lose a sizeable chunk on my inbound AMG GT R Pro. I don't think the sale of that car 12-24 months later is going to bode well at all but again it will be a thrilling ownership experience and enjoyable to drive and use frequently and sometimes that's more what it should be about than purely the financial side.
Will you be allocated the GTR black series? That might bode better long term.

F2 DDY

75 posts

9 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
In other words, he couldn't give a...

OzzyR1

3,906 posts

178 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
Shmee said:
The 'losses' on a sale right now for those two wouldn't be fun but then I work to enjoy things like cars, so while it's nicer to have an asset worth as much as you paid (or more!), if you don't intend to sell it in a hurry then nothing is technically lost and you had the experience of buying it from new and using it.

I suspect my collection as a whole would be worth approximately evens on what it cost me based on the current market, and yes that may come down going forwards but of the cars that I have right now, the one I'm most worried about the future value of is the GTC4Lusso. I bought it pretty wisely at 2 years old with around £100k off already and if it looses me another £100k over 2-3 years of ownership then that was the cost of an epic time travelling around Europe in a V12 Ferrari - which is something I might not be able to do in the future.

To add, I fully expect to lose a sizeable chunk on my inbound AMG GT R Pro. I don't think the sale of that car 12-24 months later is going to bode well at all but again it will be a thrilling ownership experience and enjoyable to drive and use frequently and sometimes that's more what it should be about than purely the financial side.
Not really a user of Facebook or other sites but just had a look at your page and collection of vehicles.

Amazed that you can earn sufficient funds to buy/run those, and presumably pay your own salary and the salaries of those you must have behind the scenes just through videos on the internet, associated sponsorship etc!!

Fair play to you and good luck!


KHK

482 posts

30 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
Anishvin posted this on IG stories last night. Pretty sure he's taking a dig at TGE.

I don't get this Anish guy at all. His YT and IG was all about bragging about supercars he owned and had on order, never said a word about losing money. Now that he's not in a financial position to buy these cars he starts bashing them and giving others advice.




xmyph

1,326 posts

117 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
At the risk of turning this into another Brexit discussion, Shmee touched on Brexit in his latest video. Personally I think it's such a divisive issue that he would have been better off keeping quiet.

Shmee said:
everybody in the UK is so so so unbelievable bored of this topic
Not true. Leavers want the referendum result and democracy to be respected. They are fed up that rich entitled remainers are trying everything in the book and beyond to stop Brexit. This includes remainers saying that everyone is bored of Brexit so let's call the whole thing off.

Brexit is incredibly important. What it's really about is whether the UK can govern itself or have the Germans and French govern for us and be a small part of the EU Empire/Reich. In a nutshell Brexit is British independence.

Shmee said:
public weren't really informed well enough on the topic to make the decision
So the public are stupid? It couldn't possibly be anything to do with the rich getting ever richer, while the poor have their wages driven down by freedom of movement, reliance on foodbanks, no school places, high accommodation costs, poor pensions, overstretched NHS, student loans, loss of key industries and not to mention the loss of sovereignty that I have already touched upon?

Admittedly the politicians in Westminster are partly to blame but Brexit offered the British working class the chance to change their lot and given they had nothing to lose as many don't have anything anyway, they voted for it. This was despite all the project fear from the vested interests that benefit from EU membership.

Shnozz

20,753 posts

217 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
KHK said:
Anishvin posted this on IG stories last night. Pretty sure he's taking a dig at TGE.

I don't get this Anish guy at all. His YT and IG was all about bragging about supercars he owned and had on order, never said a word about losing money. Now that he's not in a financial position to buy these cars he starts bashing them and giving others advice.
Unless his dad has reduced his allowance I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in a position to buy normal super cars.

Another smoke and mirrors load of bull about property investment, forex trading, blah blah blah.

I used to do business with the fathers company back in a former life.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/...

playalistic

2,154 posts

110 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
xmyph said:
So the public are stupid? It couldn't possibly be anything to do with the rich getting ever richer, while the poor have their wages driven down by freedom of movement, reliance on foodbanks, no school places, high accommodation costs, poor pensions, overstretched NHS, student loans, loss of key industries and not to mention the loss of sovereignty that I have already touched upon?

Admittedly the politicians in Westminster are partly to blame but Brexit offered the British working class the chance to change their lot and given they had nothing to lose as many don't have anything anyway, they voted for it. This was despite all the project fear from the vested interests that benefit from EU membership.
Please fk off. Thanks.

Craig_89

132 posts

122 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
As Tony said in one of Archies/TGE's videos, it all comes down to how much you can afford to lose rather than how much you can afford to spend.

It's clear that the likes of Tim can afford to take the hit on big depreciation and budget for these losses but those who are all in with little equity will find themselves the wrong way round sooner or later. What's unclear to me is how the likes of Archie can continue to order new cars in the current market as he's been very honest in that if he binned his GT3 on track he'd be in a big hole.

Shmee

7,234 posts

159 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
xmyph said:
Stuff
Please don't misinterpret things, nobody expected the current mess at all and we'll all be better off when it's done!

The biggest part of the discussion is the collapsing supercar market globally, which currently is the most dry in the UK due to our specific situation.

Scrump

6,294 posts

104 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
There are plenty of other threads discussing Brexit.
Please keep this one on topic.

RSbandit

755 posts

78 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
Shnozz said:
Unless his dad has reduced his allowance I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in a position to buy normal super cars.

Another smoke and mirrors load of bull about property investment, forex trading, blah blah blah.

I used to do business with the fathers company back in a former life.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/...
Indeed it's probably a cut in allowance from his old man but given that he's a complete bullst artist he'll try to spin that as look at how shrewd I am not buying new supercars in this falling mkt. I mean he even claimed in other vids how he was able to flip his cars for a profit ( these were normal production ones) if you were selling back to a dealer that is simply not possible given they'd have your eyes out after 6 months or so.

Dynamic Space Wizard

665 posts

50 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
playalistic said:
xmyph said:
So the public are stupid? It couldn't possibly be anything to do with the rich getting ever richer, while the poor have their wages driven down by freedom of movement, reliance on foodbanks, no school places, high accommodation costs, poor pensions, overstretched NHS, student loans, loss of key industries and not to mention the loss of sovereignty that I have already touched upon?

Admittedly the politicians in Westminster are partly to blame but Brexit offered the British working class the chance to change their lot and given they had nothing to lose as many don't have anything anyway, they voted for it. This was despite all the project fear from the vested interests that benefit from EU membership.
Please fk off. Thanks.
Wow! It seemed like a really good, clear, concise summery of his thoughts to me.

S11Steve

5,514 posts

130 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
Shmee said:
xmyph said:
Stuff
Please don't misinterpret things, nobody expected the current mess at all and we'll all be better off when it's done!

The biggest part of the discussion is the collapsing supercar market globally, which currently is the most dry in the UK due to our specific situation.
It isn't just supercars - the whole domestic car market is on tenterhooks whilst the "B Word" continues. The uncertainty has been making people from the manufactures down to consumers slightly more wary or cautious about making any sort of medium-long term (2-3 years ish) commitments on anything.
Most of the industry, or certainly on the fleet side, is prepared for either outcome, deal or otherwise, but this constant delaying and threat of legal/parliament action is having more of a short term impact than anything else.

The supercar market is going to feel it harder, especially on an individual level where currency fluctuations and financing costs can not be absorbed as readily into a business model as "normal" fleet Mondeos and Transits for example.

washingitagain

124 posts

3 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
Craig_89 said:
As Tony said in one of Archies/TGE's videos, it all comes down to how much you can afford to lose rather than how much you can afford to spend.

It's clear that the likes of Tim can afford to take the hit on big depreciation and budget for these losses but those who are all in with little equity will find themselves the wrong way round sooner or later. What's unclear to me is how the likes of Archie can continue to order new cars in the current market as he's been very honest in that if he binned his GT3 on track he'd be in a big hole.
And don't forget, for the likes of the high value youtubers, the cars are a business asset and most business assets depreciate. Whilst their value may go down, they are generating an income. The problems probably sit more with collectors who have bought cars to garage in the hope they hold/appreciate in value.

playalistic

2,154 posts

110 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
Dynamic Space Wizard said:
playalistic said:
xmyph said:
So the public are stupid? It couldn't possibly be anything to do with the rich getting ever richer, while the poor have their wages driven down by freedom of movement, reliance on foodbanks, no school places, high accommodation costs, poor pensions, overstretched NHS, student loans, loss of key industries and not to mention the loss of sovereignty that I have already touched upon?

Admittedly the politicians in Westminster are partly to blame but Brexit offered the British working class the chance to change their lot and given they had nothing to lose as many don't have anything anyway, they voted for it. This was despite all the project fear from the vested interests that benefit from EU membership.
Please fk off. Thanks.
Wow! It seemed like a really good, clear, concise summery of his thoughts to me.
It's all the usual Daily Mail tripe, so easily refuted, but this is not the place for that discussion.

S11Steve

5,514 posts

130 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
RSbandit said:
Indeed it's probably a cut in allowance from his old man but given that he's a complete bullst artist he'll try to spin that as look at how shrewd I am not buying new supercars in this falling mkt. I mean he even claimed in other vids how he was able to flip his cars for a profit ( these were normal production ones) if you were selling back to a dealer that is simply not possible given they'd have your eyes out after 6 months or so.
What industry does this guy/his father work in, and what cars was he seen in?

The only reason I ask is that I know that with some fleet deals a vehicle can be purchased with a combination of dealer and manufacturer support that is cheaper than the 6 month CAP clean price at 12000 miles.

Granted, it's not likely on Ferrari or Lamborghini, but certainly is on some cooking spec BMW/VW/Audi products

InitialDave

5,623 posts

65 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
xmyph said:
So the public are stupid?
Extremely.

Scrump

6,294 posts

104 months

Monday 23rd September
quotequote all
Scrump said:
There are plenty of other threads discussing Brexit.
Please keep this one on topic.
Quoted in case it was missed last time.
Scrump, Site Moderator