The Best ///M/Barge/General Rant/Look at this/O/T(Vol XIX)

The Best ///M/Barge/General Rant/Look at this/O/T(Vol XIX)

Author
Discussion

Fast Bug

10,597 posts

145 months

Wednesday 9th November
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
Silver really is a difficult colour to match, huh?!
The worst. Usually you have to blend in to the panels either side of the one you actually need painting

Blown2CV

26,922 posts

187 months

Wednesday 9th November
quotequote all
Fast Bug said:
ferrisbueller said:
Silver really is a difficult colour to match, huh?!
The worst. Usually you have to blend in to the panels either side of the one you actually need painting
same goes for all non-flat paints if you're doing a decent job.

Fast Bug

10,597 posts

145 months

Wednesday 9th November
quotequote all
Blown2CV said:
Fast Bug said:
ferrisbueller said:
Silver really is a difficult colour to match, huh?!
The worst. Usually you have to blend in to the panels either side of the one you actually need painting
same goes for all non-flat paints if you're doing a decent job.
Oh I agree, I was pointing it out as the door sticks out like a sore thumb as they didn't blend it in the the wing and rear quarter

ATM

15,818 posts

203 months

Saturday 12th November
quotequote all
We haven't had one of these money pits for far too long. I thought I should remedy that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225234863050






d_a_n1979

5,325 posts

56 months

Saturday 12th November
quotequote all
ATM said:
We haven't had one of these money pits for far too long. I thought I should remedy that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225234863050



Looks a lovely car & fantastic work

But the wheels look bloody horrible and ruin the overall aesthetics IMO

Leins

8,685 posts

132 months

Saturday 12th November
quotequote all
Wouldn’t be a big fan of some of the finer details on that one, but great cars. Avus is probably my favourite BMW colour

I ran one for a few years, part of which was as a daily, absolute weapon of a car. That engine was a thing of magic for me.

It did like going wrong though, and that was with a recent engine and gearbox rebuild. Still miss it in some ways, but not sure I’d have another


ATM

15,818 posts

203 months

Saturday 12th November
quotequote all
d_a_n1979 said:
Looks a lovely car & fantastic work

But the wheels look bloody horrible and ruin the overall aesthetics IMO
Easiest thing to change.

Steering wheel and interior look lovely. Although I really dislike the transit armrests.






Its Just Adz

11,990 posts

193 months

Saturday 12th November
quotequote all
Those wheels look stunning in it. Original ones are too small, in my opinion.
And split rims are never a bad choice.

RichardM5

1,688 posts

120 months

Saturday 12th November
quotequote all
I was parked next to that car and spoke to the owner quite a bit in August at the BMW Car Club event at Donington. He had done a lot of work on the car himself, including flairing the arches a bit and full respray. Surprised it’s for sale to be honest.



Edited by RichardM5 on Sunday 13th November 14:07

Zarco

15,998 posts

193 months

Sunday 13th November
quotequote all
I think he should have left the styling alone.

bodhi

7,970 posts

213 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
Was having a chat with a couple of friends about "the lottery garage", and one sent this. I am struggling to see any reason why it shouldn't be in there, other than it not being an Evo.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13782271

Lordy.

ferrisbueller

28,259 posts

211 months

Monday 14th November
quotequote all
bodhi said:
Was having a chat with a couple of friends about "the lottery garage", and one sent this. I am struggling to see any reason why it shouldn't be in there, other than it not being an Evo.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13782271

Lordy.
What's an Evo?

Crook

6,016 posts

208 months

Sunday 20th November
quotequote all

bodhi

7,970 posts

213 months

Sunday 20th November
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
bodhi said:
Was having a chat with a couple of friends about "the lottery garage", and one sent this. I am struggling to see any reason why it shouldn't be in there, other than it not being an Evo.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13782271

Lordy.
What's an Evo?
Oops, that was a different link from the conversation we were having - I of course meant this one:

https://www.carandclassic.com/make-an-offer/1992-l...

Turns out it is an Evo as well, just not the one available in the UK.

That post went well smile

Pflanzgarten

1,476 posts

9 months

Crook

6,016 posts

208 months

Sunday 20th November
quotequote all
Okay, so that’s another one for the list.

Its Just Adz

11,990 posts

193 months

Sunday 20th November
quotequote all
That reminds me of something I saw on Instagram this morning.




braddo

8,622 posts

172 months

Sunday 20th November
quotequote all
Crook said:
Lottery win?

Contact for pricing

I was at a Goodwood track day yesterday and it didn’t disappoint.

A GT40 turned up and I got to follow it around track for a couple of laps.

A De Tomaso Pantera popped in for a visit, and was black with gold wheels.

And there was a 991 GT3RS in British Racing Green!!

Crook

6,016 posts

208 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
braddo said:
Crook said:
Lottery win?

Contact for pricing

I was at a Goodwood track day yesterday and it didn’t disappoint.

A GT40 turned up and I got to follow it around track for a couple of laps.

A De Tomaso Pantera popped in for a visit, and was black with gold wheels.

And there was a 991 GT3RS in British Racing Green!!
That sounds like a very good day.

Crook

6,016 posts

208 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
Its Just Adz said:
That reminds me of something I saw on Instagram this morning.



thumbup It's such a good colour on a car.