The Best ///M/Barge/General Rant/Look at this/O/T(Vol XIX)

The Best ///M/Barge/General Rant/Look at this/O/T(Vol XIX)

Author
Discussion

Output Flange

16,206 posts

152 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
L100NYY said:
Last one;

There was something about this GT4 that rely appealed. It just looked & sat right (plates aside), wasn't overly shiny, was on the right wheels and was one of the most appealing (and attainable) cars there imvho

I've really grown to like these over the past couple of years. Suspect driving one might divorce me of that opinion, but they're getting prettier if nothing else.

ferrisbueller

22,689 posts

168 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
An LSx conversion would make it interesting.

Fast Bug

6,792 posts

102 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
L100NYY said:
Oh and One of my favourites from Auto Italia Festival at Brooklands (too many to post here)



.
Love that. I bought my 164 Cloverleaf off a guy that did sprints and hillclimbs in a similar looking Sud

L100NYY

34,175 posts

184 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Output Flange said:
L100NYY said:
Last one;

There was something about this GT4 that rely appealed. It just looked & sat right (plates aside), wasn't overly shiny, was on the right wheels and was one of the most appealing (and attainable) cars there imvho

I've really grown to like these over the past couple of years. Suspect driving one might divorce me of that opinion, but they're getting prettier if nothing else.
As long as expectations are realistic they are actually really rather lovely to drive, if you like that sort of thing, which I do.

NomduJour

14,216 posts

200 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Age and values. They really were the ginger stepchildren of the Ferrari world (as to a degree were Dinos), but I’d have one in an unusual colour.
Advertisement

ATM

9,031 posts

160 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
L100NYY said:
ferrisbueller said:
Wot no Strada pic? You savage.

I don't think I got a picture of it tbh
Shocking

I'd walk straight past the yellow cinqs to study that Strada. My grandad had a Ritmo from new for over 20 years. That's the European version of a Strada. His was only a basic turd with a 1.3 and a twin choke carb.

ATM

9,031 posts

160 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
We need some more Fiats in here clearly. How about this?




L100NYY

34,175 posts

184 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
I can't take pictures of every car at every meet I go to hehe

There was a lovely Miafiori in black with orange there lick

L100NYY

34,175 posts

184 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
ATM said:
L100NYY said:
ferrisbueller said:
Wot no Strada pic? You savage.

I don't think I got a picture of it tbh
Shocking

I'd walk straight past the yellow cinqs to study that Strada. My grandad had a Ritmo from new for over 20 years. That's the European version of a Strada. His was only a basic turd with a 1.3 and a twin choke carb.
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C974219

ferrisbueller

22,689 posts

168 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
L100NYY said:
I can't take pictures of every car at every meet I go to hehe

There was a lovely Miafiori in black with orange there lick
You must have a library of Cinquecento snaps now!

L100NYY

34,175 posts

184 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
L100NYY said:
I can't take pictures of every car at every meet I go to hehe

There was a lovely Miafiori in black with orange there lick
You must have a library of Cinquecento snaps now!
Getting there, not many on the road now so a few are of the same car hehe

Cactussed

5,180 posts

154 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Following Dot

minimoog

5,324 posts

160 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
L100NYY said:
That 944 is lovely yes
I test drove an S2 at the same money last week. It was at a dealer and while the paintwork had had a lick and a polish, the interior and mechanicals were utterly shagged and it drove like a dog. Simply no comparison with the above.

minimoog

5,324 posts

160 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
ATM said:
We need some more Fiats in here clearly.
Spotted this Loon-sized confection at the weekend.




(apols for crappy pic)

L100NYY

34,175 posts

184 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
They are very cute lil' things those, great spot yes

ATM

9,031 posts

160 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
minimoog said:
Spotted this Loon-sized confection at the weekend.




(apols for crappy pic)
It's that a child's toy thing?

minimoog

5,324 posts

160 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
ATM said:
It's that a child's toy thing?
Not sure if serious.

It's an 850 Spider. Nice looking things. Abart version for me though grazie.








L100NYY

34,175 posts

184 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Abarth version is the one yes

Rocket.

948 posts

190 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Enjoying the Italian sport car theme chaps.

Spotted this the other day thinking it was an Italian of some sort, 10 nerd/beard points to anyone who can correctly identify.


NomduJour

14,216 posts

200 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Fairlady