Front number plate deleters - are you one?

Front number plate deleters - are you one?

Author
Discussion

yonex

15,077 posts

113 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
av185 said:
It's called perception.
Actually, it’s called stereotyping. It’s very much an issue for the narrow minded.

tvrash

82 posts

35 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
yonex said:
Because they are deeply jealous, insecure, sand kicked in the face, tree hugging, sandle wearing, tree hugging vegetarian types?

Or something else biggrin
Yep

robinessex

7,315 posts

126 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
I've seen a few cars lately with motorcycle size number plates. Does that count here?

nonsequitur

9,905 posts

61 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
SaggyOstrich said:
Why the hell would you care if someone else has a front plate or not?
As posted previously Saggo, a PHer posed a question. We are responding. Just because something does not affect you, it doesn't mean that you can't comment or have an opinion

(As we all know on PH).argue

Kewy

1,282 posts

39 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
yonex said:
av185 said:
It's called perception.
Actually, it’s called stereotyping. It’s very much an issue for the narrow minded.
Pretty much what I've been saying all along. This is way more than just a number plate thing.

yonex

15,077 posts

113 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
As posted previously Saggo, a PHer posed a question. We are responding. Just because something does not affect you, it doesn't mean that you can't comment or have an opinion

(As we all know on PH).argue
I love it how you try and pass the commentary off as rational when, in your reality;

Not having a front plate defines a poor driver, as does mirrored sunglasses. In fact just owning a Range Rover? Just so much material for a therapist to work with biggrin

And no garage listed. Coincidentally.

robinessex

7,315 posts

126 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
If I say a number plate, especially on a supercar/hypercar looks ugly, and I leave it off, is that an ok, rational decision?

DoubleD

8,934 posts

53 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
yonex said:
nonsequitur said:
As posted previously Saggo, a PHer posed a question. We are responding. Just because something does not affect you, it doesn't mean that you can't comment or have an opinion

(As we all know on PH).argue
I love it how you try and pass the commentary off as rational when, in your reality;

Not having a front plate defines a poor driver, as does mirrored sunglasses. In fact just owning a Range Rover? Just so much material for a therapist to work with biggrin

And no garage listed. Coincidentally.
What has listing a garage got to do with anything?

chow pan toon

11,535 posts

182 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
robinessex said:
If I say a number plate, especially on a supercar/hypercar looks ugly, and I leave it off, is that an ok, rational decision?
I doubt anyone apart from the monomaniacs on this thread would care either way. Like other motoring offences I commit, if I were to do it and get caught I'd suck it up.

tvrash

82 posts

35 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
What has listing a garage got to do with anything?
Well our garage is listed, does that count ?

yonex

15,077 posts

113 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
What has listing a garage got to do with anything?
It appears to follow that those most critical of others cars, choices, habits etc, nearly always fail to list one. Not always, but fairly often.

Hol

5,094 posts

145 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
What has listing a garage got to do with anything?
it doesn't.




DJT

166 posts

106 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
WarnieV6GT said:
1st thing the average chav does when he buys a car. I think it's great as it's perfect for spotting the tts and giving them a wide birth.

I love the bonnet protectors? As well, especially when on a rusty old corsa..


Yep, definite improvement on both accounts. What is it with bonnet protectors? Drive around for years looking naff until you sell the car to the next person who gets to enjoy a stone chip free bonnet. Odd.

xx99xx

384 posts

18 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
A question to the deleters.....do you perform a hard delete (deletion of plate and kept out of sight in the boot/at home) or a soft delete (deletion of plate from where it's supposed to be and reinstalled on top of the dashboard)?

I think the difference between the two may define who deletes for aesthetics (hard deleters) and who deletes to avoid cameras (soft deleters). Because a plate on a dashboard surely looks worse than having it specced in its normal location?

PorkInsider

3,603 posts

86 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
DJT said:
fking hell rofl


InitialDave

5,429 posts

64 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
DJT said:
This is the kind of "no front plate" car I see, generally driven exactly how you'd expect.

As such the connotations of no front plate, to me, are all shades of bellendery.

Maybe if I mainly saw very nice sports cars where they look better without one, being driven in a manner appropriate to the situation at hand, I'd just view it as people not wanting them ruining the lines of their cars.

But chavvy cockholsters are what I see, so chavvy cockholster is what "no front plate" brings to mind.

Taylor James

514 posts

6 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
InitialDave said:
DJT said:
This is the kind of "no front plate" car I see, generally driven exactly how you'd expect.

As such the connotations of no front plate, to me, are all shades of bellendery.

Maybe if I mainly saw very nice sports cars where they look better without one, being driven in a manner appropriate to the situation at hand, I'd just view it as people not wanting them ruining the lines of their cars.

But chavvy cockholsters are what I see, so chavvy cockholster is what "no front plate" brings to mind.
1. What exactly does that achieve?
2. What's going to change?

InitialDave

5,429 posts

64 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
Taylor James said:
1. What exactly does that achieve?
2. What's going to change?
I wasn't making any suggestions, what is it you're asking about?

nonsequitur

9,905 posts

61 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
What has listing a garage got to do with anything?
It means that I'm not 'into' cars. Sadly a standard PH put-down.

nonsequitur

9,905 posts

61 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
yonex said:
I love it how you try and pass the commentary off as rational when, in your reality;

Not having a front plate defines a poor driver, as does mirrored sunglasses. In fact just owning a Range Rover? Just so much material for a therapist to work with biggrin

And no garage listed. Coincidentally.
There are many giveaway signs of a poor driver. I mentioned only a few. (See 'crap driver signs and signals.com' ).

There is no garage on my property. My car shares a stable with the pony. First one in gets to park.hehe