RE: Ferrari announces F8 Spider

RE: Ferrari announces F8 Spider

Author
Discussion

aazer89

393 posts

89 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
veevee said:
First Ferrari folding hard top(?), and no pics with the roof up.
'fraid not there have been folding hard tops before

ZX10R NIN

15,095 posts

70 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Looks good.

f1ten

1,842 posts

98 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
that is a stunning stunning looking machine... well done Ferrari.

1974foggy

188 posts

89 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Ray_Aber said:
That is absolutely the last thing the car needs. Black wheels are - in my view - hideous, giving the impression of a car with gaping wheel arches and the sense of something missing. They absolutely lack any vestige of class.

No. Keep the silver wheels. Keep it classy.

Nice car, by the way!
+1. Graphite at a push.

GT3hopeful

122 posts

62 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Looks like large lotus Elise from rear

simonwhite2000

1,128 posts

42 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
It actually looks really good in yellow.

Definitely keep the silver wheels!

simonbamg

353 posts

68 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Ray_Aber said:
That is absolutely the last thing the car needs. Black wheels are - in my view - hideous, giving the impression of a car with gaping wheel arches and the sense of something missing. They absolutely lack any vestige of class.

No. Keep the silver wheels. Keep it classy.

Nice car, by the way!
Ok grandad

Maldini35

2,155 posts

133 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
BVB said:
Simply stunning. Just like their win at Monza yesterday. Leclerc? Utterly outstanding.
A good day indeed to take the wraps off the F8 Spider.
Get down to Lancaster’s in Colchester and you can sell one to yourself. wink


Quickmoose

3,832 posts

68 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
simonbamg said:
Ray_Aber said:
That is absolutely the last thing the car needs. Black wheels are - in my view - hideous, giving the impression of a car with gaping wheel arches and the sense of something missing. They absolutely lack any vestige of class.

No. Keep the silver wheels. Keep it classy.

Nice car, by the way!
Ok grandad
'grandad' LOL.
How long have black wheels been 'cool' for?...are they still sic ? hehe
IMO they looked st when they first appeared and look st now the concept is old....and I'm talking completely black...whereby after a few miles you can neither discern their design or differentiate them from the tyres....
ANYTHING other than black please....dark grey, silver, any colour...just not black.

This F8 looks pretty sweet to me, have they done away with that weird headlight spoiler?....I've seen comments suggesting it is a very close facsimile of an Elise.... ffs …. hehe

nickfrog

10,176 posts

162 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
GT3hopeful said:
Looks like large lotus Elise from rear
This was my exact instinctive thought too.

Those cars are wonderful, it's so refreshing that they still make this kind of cars, even as a high end product alone. I wish I was in the demographic who can justify buying one.

simonbamg

353 posts

68 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Quickmoose said:
'grandad' LOL.
How long have black wheels been 'cool' for?...are they still sic ? hehe
IMO they looked st when they first appeared and look st now the concept is old....and I'm talking completely black...whereby after a few miles you can neither discern their design or differentiate them from the tyres....
ANYTHING other than black please....dark grey, silver, any colour...just not black.

This F8 looks pretty sweet to me, have they done away with that weird headlight spoiler?....I've seen comments suggesting it is a very close facsimile of an Elise.... ffs …. hehe
but i LIKE black wheels

kambites

57,350 posts

166 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
simonbamg said:
but i LIKE black wheels
Me too, generally. I have never been a fan of silver accents on modern cars be it chrome trim around windows or on vents, or silver wheels.

Cabsi

172 posts

84 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Oh look another new Ferrari..

I've lost track of all the new models they've launched recently. Glad I don't have a deposit down on an F8, because they will probably launch the F10 before its been delivered.

What a joke.

ReaperCushions

3,710 posts

129 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Just adding a +1 for black wheels looking ste on pretty much everything, especially this.

I can't think of a single example where a different coloured wheel would have looked better.

nickfrog

10,176 posts

162 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Cabsi said:
Oh look another new Ferrari..

I've lost track of all the new models they've launched recently. Glad I don't have a deposit down on an F8, because they will probably launch the F10 before its been delivered.

What a joke.
Indeed. Almost as many new models as Porsche.

simonbamg

353 posts

68 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
ReaperCushions said:
Just adding a +1 for black wheels looking ste on pretty much everything, especially this.

I can't think of a single example where a different coloured wheel would have looked better.
-1

donutskidmark

704 posts

98 months

Monday 9th September
quotequote all
Looks alright to me. However Ferrari churning out far too many models in quick succession- they need to chill out else the residuals are gonna plummet like a stone or even worse-a McLaren

The Li-ion King

919 posts

9 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
donutskidmark said:
Looks alright to me. However Ferrari churning out far too many models in quick succession- they need to chill out else the residuals are gonna plummet like a stone or even worse-a McLaren
laugh

Are Ferrari still planning to make an SUV? confused

Carl_Manchester

5,344 posts

207 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
simonbamg said:
Love that, needs black wheels
innit bruv.


GranCab

1,542 posts

91 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Cabsi said:
Oh look another new Ferrari..

I've lost track of all the new models they've launched recently. Glad I don't have a deposit down on an F8, because they will probably launch the F10 before its been delivered.

What a joke.
Don't buy one then ... I'm sure your Cayman is more than enough for your needs ... smile