Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 15]

Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 15]

Author
Discussion

Macron

3,931 posts

113 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Sterillium said:
I'm just popping this in here, again, because, at achievable haggle at top thread, and with 270 oily horses, I can't stop thinking that this would make a great bargesque cruiser.

Same mid range spec, fewer miles, more engine at the correct pump, and in thread already.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2019...

150,000 mile stinky diesel is a 4k private car tops (see https://www.gumtree.com/p/jaguar/jaguar-xf-premium...https://www.gumtree.com/p/jaguar/2008-08-jaguar-xf...

Edited by Macron on Tuesday 22 October 13:05

TommoAE86

1,954 posts

74 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
grudas said:
New thread? JDM baaarge..


I see your boss barge and raise you one JDM hitman barge wink

43584702_2112579345443346_2295175946832969728_n on Flickr


BigBen

9,880 posts

177 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Sweepstake on the first purchase of the new thread?

I'll go first with

W220 Mercedes of some description

Jaffers

63 posts

86 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Hello all,

Quick fleet update: Rover SD1 Vitesse still running like a train and still very reluctantly for sale. It's been pressed into tip run duty this morning by Mrs J and has swallowed lots of junk from the storage place that we are clearing out. It's due for an oil change and will be at cars and coffee Liverpool on Sunday morning. It's also our only working car and is still 100% reliable, which is a relief! Met a fascinating chap in a supermarket carpark who asked all the right questions about the car and showed me photos of his classic Range Rovers, two of which are being looked after by the Dunsfold Collection as they are rather special including a white 1971 Suffix A with only 50,000 odd miles in totally original condition.

Which brings me on to the 93 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9. Head gasket blown. Not in a catastrophic manner but certainly blown. I don't have a garage here so I can't do it myself and I can't find anyone who wants to tackle it, but have been advised that Steel Seal will probably sort it so am off to buy some this afternoon. Fingers crossed as it needs to be fixed for when the Rover sells!

grudas

184 posts

115 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
TommoAE86 said:
I see your boss barge and raise you one JDM hitman barge wink

43584702_2112579345443346_2295175946832969728_n on Flickr
perfect.

got a guy that needs to disappear.

E65Ross

23,500 posts

159 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
SpeckledJim said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm completely, utterly new here, and I've never posted in any of these threads before.

I like Jaguars, and learning lots of interesting facts about them.

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing lots of fun information about interior trim, paint codes and the like.

beer
Interesting fact - some Jags, such as the XK, had a weird detail on the front seat bolsters which make them look a little worn in, but it's meant to be like that!

Edited by E65Ross on Tuesday 22 October 14:15

Sterillium

20,846 posts

172 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
E65Ross said:
SpeckledJim said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm completely, utterly new here, and I've never posted in any of these threads before.

I like Jaguars, and learning lots of interesting facts about them.

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing lots of fun information about interior trim, paint codes and the like.

beer
Interesting fact - some Jags, such as the XK, had a weird detail on the front seal bolsters which make them look a little worn in, but it's meant to be like that!
[tries not to stare]

Sterillium

20,846 posts

172 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Macron said:
Same mid range spec, fewer miles, more engine at the correct pump, and in thread already.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2019...

150,000 mile stinky diesel is a 4k private car tops (see https://www.gumtree.com/p/jaguar/jaguar-xf-premium...https://www.gumtree.com/p/jaguar/2008-08-jaguar-xf...
The only petrol model I could even recognise as existing would be the XFR... indeed the only reason I am even mildly enamoured with the oil burner is because it offers a bit of MPG for little reduction in oomph from the petrol. That private ad fills me with the scent of hurriedly prpared lemon.

SpeckledJim

19,997 posts

200 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Sterillium said:
E65Ross said:
SpeckledJim said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm completely, utterly new here, and I've never posted in any of these threads before.

I like Jaguars, and learning lots of interesting facts about them.

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing lots of fun information about interior trim, paint codes and the like.

beer
Interesting fact - some Jags, such as the XK, had a weird detail on the front seal bolsters which make them look a little worn in, but it's meant to be like that!
[tries not to stare]
That's the sort of thing I'm here for. It's knowing this sort of thing that will prevent me bringing shame on my family.

Great thread!

Northbrook

396 posts

10 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
laugh

blueacid

242 posts

88 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
4941cc said:
I thought the Jag V6 diesel had a simply massive propensity to ste itself comprehensively and expensively at any given mileage and age?
As the owner of such a thing, say it isn't so! (I thought the engine was the one part which would likely be reliable..!)

Rubins4

429 posts

72 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
BigBen said:
Sweepstake on the first purchase of the new thread?

I'll go first with

W220 Mercedes of some description
Lexus, probably LS or GS.

dai1983

1,902 posts

96 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
TommoAE86 said:
grudas said:
New thread? JDM baaarge..


I see your boss barge and raise you one JDM hitman barge wink

43584702_2112579345443346_2295175946832969728_n on Flickr
Do you two have readers rides threads for your Crowns?

grudas

184 posts

115 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
dai1983 said:
Do you two have readers rides threads for your Crowns?
not me smile might get one going!

Etypephil

679 posts

25 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Talk of reader's cars reminded me to bring mine up to date.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

CharlesdeGaulle

11,030 posts

127 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
I feel obliged to re-post r129sl's rather fabulous posting from the last thread, aka Speckled Jim's Thread of Shame.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Benz-320TE-W12...

I can't upload the picture but it's a green S124. Pricey vee-hickle, but there's a wonderful driveway, a thread-garage, and anyone that describes himself as Mr Muirhead has to be a decent sort; none of that presumptious familiarity for that seller and I rather like it.


Macron

3,931 posts

113 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Sterillium said:
The only petrol model I could even recognise as existing would be the XFR... indeed the only reason I am even mildly enamoured with the oil burner is because it offers a bit of MPG for little reduction in oomph from the petrol. That private ad fills me with the scent of hurriedly prpared lemon.
We’ve had the supercharged V8 in thread, and a crashed-but-not-yet-repaired XFR was on AT for a short time at five bags, but I think we might be waiting a while for a good one to surface.

MPG? Pah!

JeremyH5

407 posts

82 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
My 2001 E38 728i Sport passed its MOT a few weeks ago after failing earlier in the day on knackered linkage ball joint dust covers on both front anti-roll bar drop links. My "the Man" had it back to my office by 3pm complete with new ticket and invoice for £111.83.

We're up to 197,082 miles now, should be a 200,000 miles picture before year's end if I get my timing right.

The Don of Croy

4,983 posts

106 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
New volume?! Did someone mention Brexit?

I'm in...

olly755

2,407 posts

109 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
JeremyH5 said:
We're up to 197,082 miles now, should be a 200,000 miles picture before year's end if I get my timing right.
Don't forget to reset the trip at 199,272 miles to ensure your place on the spectrum (of Barge).