RE: Chiron Noire is 'the ultimate GT'

RE: Chiron Noire is 'the ultimate GT'

Author
Discussion

SidewaysSi

6,066 posts

182 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
Yep all those billionaires are so damn thick. Don't worry lads, they are no doubt sat there wishing they were as smart as us plebs..

TyrannosauRoss Lex

23,605 posts

160 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
Reciprocating mass said:
Because Concorde that commercialy operated plane never flew many transatlantic crossing’s at all did it lol
Likewise I don’t understand what relevance your statement has but hey ho that’s life in general gassing
My comment was a little tongue in cheek, but I'm sure you know the point is was making. Now it's no longer flying, that doesn't mean it's not a good plane. Likewise, I'm sure Bugatti did a lot of long distance testing in the development of this car, doesn't make it a bad GT because someone doesn't use it.

If somebody buys a long wheel base Mercedes S Class but doesn't use the back seats, does it mean it becomes a poor car for rear seat occupants? No. Likewise, if this car doesn't do lots of miles, it's still a good GT car.

TyrannosauRoss Lex

23,605 posts

160 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
Leftfootwonder said:
Schermerhorn said:
You gotta love how easy it is to hustle ultra wealthy people out of their money
I know, this always boggles me. Even if I was a billionaire I would not buy all this special edition nonsense. Total waste of time and money.
So, if you had a billion pounds, more than enough money you could spend in reality, why not buy a car like this? Because it's a stupid way to spend money? And..... So what? Instead of having £1,000,000,000 in the bank they'd have approx £998,500,000. Oh the horror of it! How stupid they are.

0a

21,619 posts

142 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
So, if you had a billion pounds, more than enough money you could spend in reality, why not buy a car like this? Because it's a stupid way to spend money? And..... So what? Instead of having £1,000,000,000 in the bank they'd have approx £998,500,000. Oh the horror of it! How stupid they are.
I'm too tight. Even if I had a billion, I'd be on carandclassic looking at old mercs, v12 jags and other nonsense. I'd still spend most of my time in the smoker 1-5 thread.

I admired the Veyron and would like to drive one, but for some reason have little interest in the Chiron. I would feel that I was having the piss taken out of me being charged this much for a special edition.

Things might change when that business idea takes off and I have the money in the bank tongue out

TyrannosauRoss Lex

23,605 posts

160 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
0a said:
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
So, if you had a billion pounds, more than enough money you could spend in reality, why not buy a car like this? Because it's a stupid way to spend money? And..... So what? Instead of having £1,000,000,000 in the bank they'd have approx £998,500,000. Oh the horror of it! How stupid they are.
I'm too tight. Even if I had a billion, I'd be on carandclassic looking at old mercs, v12 jags and other nonsense. I'd still spend most of my time in the smoker 1-5 thread.

I admired the Veyron and would like to drive one, but for some reason have little interest in the Chiron. I would feel that I was having the piss taken out of me being charged this much for a special edition.

Things might change when that business idea takes off and I have the money in the bank tongue out
hehe

Funnily enough, I've never really felt any love for the Veyron..... Do like the Chiron though.

unsprung

3,821 posts

72 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all


Bombjack said:
There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.
clap


It's such a fine line between stupid and...
- And clever.
- It's just that turnabout.

hehe


Plate spinner

13,672 posts

148 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
0a said:
I'm too tight. Even if I had a billion, I'd be on carandclassic looking at old mercs, v12 jags and other nonsense. I'd still spend most of my time in the smoker 1-5 thread.

I admired the Veyron and would like to drive one, but for some reason have little interest in the Chiron. I would feel that I was having the piss taken out of me being charged this much for a special edition.

Things might change when that business idea takes off and I have the money in the bank tongue out
hehe I know what you mean. PH is a safe place for such perverted fetish niche interests...

The age old question; you’ve won the euro rollover, what car do you buy?
My thoughts go straight to an aircraft hangar full of interesting 80s and 90s stuff worth no more than £10k each. It would be utter heaven! hehe

With a £billion I’d certainly borrow cars like this to satisfy curiosity, but I seem to have no interest in owning them.

Chestrockwell

2,082 posts

105 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
Schermerhorn said:
You gotta love how easy it is to hustle ultra wealthy people out of their money
I follow Shmee150 on Instagram and he was covering this auction over in Saudi Arabia and oh my god, the amount of hyper cars there was truly unbelievable, there a Zonda sold for a silly amount I can’t remember, over 5 million and it got me thinking, me as I am now, if I ever made it to that level of wealth and I ended up buying a Zonda or a Bugatti, I don’t think I’d ever sell it, not for a long time anyway, after I’ve done a lot of miles in. You could say ‘how do you know they don’t drive them’ but I’ve never seen a hyper car for sale with any more than 1,000 miles on them, and that my friend, is not enough miles to satisfy my spending of 1 million + to want to get rid of something.

Which lead me to my conclusion, the people who buy these cars have so much money, that even if it looks like Bugatti are fleecing them for an extra million because of a plaque, they just don’t care. It’s like me giving a homeless person some change, say, 4 pound in coins, they could be druggies or could not be homeless and are doing it to scam me but I wouldn’t care as its only £4!

Add 6 zero’s to that and that must be how they feel.


bluemason

381 posts

71 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Chestrockwell said:
I follow Shmee150 on Instagram and he was covering this auction over in Saudi Arabia and oh my god, the amount of hyper cars there was truly unbelievable, there a Zonda sold for a silly amount I can’t remember, over 5 million and it got me thinking, me as I am now, if I ever made it to that level of wealth and I ended up buying a Zonda or a Bugatti, I don’t think I’d ever sell it, not for a long time anyway, after I’ve done a lot of miles in. You could say ‘how do you know they don’t drive them’ but I’ve never seen a hyper car for sale with any more than 1,000 miles on them, and that my friend, is not enough miles to satisfy my spending of 1 million + to want to get rid of something.

Which lead me to my conclusion, the people who buy these cars have so much money, that even if it looks like Bugatti are fleecing them for an extra million because of a plaque, they just don’t care. It’s like me giving a homeless person some change, say, 4 pound in coins, they could be druggies or could not be homeless and are doing it to scam me but I wouldn’t care as its only £4!

Add 6 zero’s to that and that must be how they feel.
Phroar you must be rich as I can just about afford to give away 4 shillings to some homeless chap

bluemason

381 posts

71 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Lt. Coulomb said:
Murdered out Bugatti is the ultimate drug lord car.
The chiron supersport with its long tail rear looks like a batmobile

TyrannosauRoss Lex

23,605 posts

160 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Chestrockwell said:
Schermerhorn said:
You gotta love how easy it is to hustle ultra wealthy people out of their money
I follow Shmee150 on Instagram and he was covering this auction over in Saudi Arabia and oh my god, the amount of hyper cars there was truly unbelievable, there a Zonda sold for a silly amount I can’t remember, over 5 million and it got me thinking, me as I am now, if I ever made it to that level of wealth and I ended up buying a Zonda or a Bugatti, I don’t think I’d ever sell it, not for a long time anyway, after I’ve done a lot of miles in. You could say ‘how do you know they don’t drive them’ but I’ve never seen a hyper car for sale with any more than 1,000 miles on them, and that my friend, is not enough miles to satisfy my spending of 1 million + to want to get rid of something.
Could it not be that there are some not for sale that do get used, based upon the bits I've made in bold?

b14

592 posts

136 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
It's an interesting dynamic. Multi-billionaires are, in general, clearly not stupid, not by a long shot. But they are still human and need to feel special - and what feels special when your rich friends can afford all the lovely toys that you have? Something they cannot have, because it is limited edition. No matter how much money you have, you won't get one of these because me, I, am one of the 20 people that Bugatti think are worthy enough to own one of these.

It's not about stupidity, it's just human nature and an attempt to stand out in the billionaire's world where money is just not enough on it's own.

saxy

187 posts

72 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Schermerhorn said:
You gotta love how easy it is to hustle ultra wealthy people out of their money
Very naive statement. A billionaire may make $100,000,000 a year from just placing a fraction of his money in the S&P 500. They can buy every brands’ hypercar every year and they wouldn’t even come close to stopping their money from growing exponentially.

Regular people on the other hand typically buy a car that is a good chunk of their annual salary. Seems more like brands are better at enticing you to spend money than on the ultra rich.

Rumblestripe

1,300 posts

110 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
'Every time you try and operate these weird black controls that are labelled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up in black to let you know you’ve done it.’


alorotom

7,176 posts

135 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
b14 said:
It's an interesting dynamic. Multi-billionaires are, in general, clearly not stupid, not by a long shot. But they are still human and need to feel special - and what feels special when your rich friends can afford all the lovely toys that you have? Something they cannot have, because it is limited edition. No matter how much money you have, you won't get one of these because me, I, am one of the 20 people that Bugatti think are worthy enough to own one of these.

It's not about stupidity, it's just human nature and an attempt to stand out in the billionaire's world where money is just not enough on it's own.
Absolutely right

Experiences are the new big thing for the ultra rich crowd apparently

Leftfootwonder

57 posts

6 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
So, if you had a billion pounds, more than enough money you could spend in reality, why not buy a car like this? Because it's a stupid way to spend money? And..... So what? Instead of having £1,000,000,000 in the bank they'd have approx £998,500,000. Oh the horror of it! How stupid they are.
Nope because I would have become a billionaire by spotting when someone if trying to pull my trousers down for a pointless special edition.

Would I buy a Chiron? Yes.
Would I buy all the stupid spin offs ? No.

Get back in your box.

Chestrockwell

2,082 posts

105 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
Chestrockwell said:
Schermerhorn said:
You gotta love how easy it is to hustle ultra wealthy people out of their money
I follow Shmee150 on Instagram and he was covering this auction over in Saudi Arabia and oh my god, the amount of hyper cars there was truly unbelievable, there a Zonda sold for a silly amount I can’t remember, over 5 million and it got me thinking, me as I am now, if I ever made it to that level of wealth and I ended up buying a Zonda or a Bugatti, I don’t think I’d ever sell it, not for a long time anyway, after I’ve done a lot of miles in. You could say ‘how do you know they don’t drive them’ but I’ve never seen a hyper car for sale with any more than 1,000 miles on them, and that my friend, is not enough miles to satisfy my spending of 1 million + to want to get rid of something.
Could it not be that there are some not for sale that do get used, based upon the bits I've made in bold?
Well, I don’t know about you but if I spent say, 2 million on a LaFerrari, 1,000 miles is nowhere near enough!

Plus, I highly doubt they’re all 1 owner cars either

Plate spinner

13,672 posts

148 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Rumblestripe said:
'Every time you try and operate these weird black controls that are labelled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up in black to let you know you’ve done it.’
You git!
I’ve got loads to do today yet have just invested 15mins digging out that book to start reading it again hehe

TyrannosauRoss Lex

23,605 posts

160 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Chestrockwell said:
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
Chestrockwell said:
Schermerhorn said:
You gotta love how easy it is to hustle ultra wealthy people out of their money
I follow Shmee150 on Instagram and he was covering this auction over in Saudi Arabia and oh my god, the amount of hyper cars there was truly unbelievable, there a Zonda sold for a silly amount I can’t remember, over 5 million and it got me thinking, me as I am now, if I ever made it to that level of wealth and I ended up buying a Zonda or a Bugatti, I don’t think I’d ever sell it, not for a long time anyway, after I’ve done a lot of miles in. You could say ‘how do you know they don’t drive them’ but I’ve never seen a hyper car for sale with any more than 1,000 miles on them, and that my friend, is not enough miles to satisfy my spending of 1 million + to want to get rid of something.
Could it not be that there are some not for sale that do get used, based upon the bits I've made in bold?
Well, I don’t know about you but if I spent say, 2 million on a LaFerrari, 1,000 miles is nowhere near enough!

Plus, I highly doubt they’re all 1 owner cars either
And many of them sell for higher than what the original owner paid for it, so they're probably making money.

TyrannosauRoss Lex

23,605 posts

160 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Leftfootwonder said:
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
So, if you had a billion pounds, more than enough money you could spend in reality, why not buy a car like this? Because it's a stupid way to spend money? And..... So what? Instead of having £1,000,000,000 in the bank they'd have approx £998,500,000. Oh the horror of it! How stupid they are.
Nope because I would have become a billionaire by spotting when someone if trying to pull my trousers down for a pointless special edition.

Would I buy a Chiron? Yes.
Would I buy all the stupid spin offs ? No.

Get back in your box.
You often find the special additions depreciate less, so come sale time they can actually make the original owner more money than if they bought an original, because they're less common. Doesn't seem such a bad or stupid thing to do?