Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 19]

Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 19]

Author
Discussion

W00DY

13,581 posts

192 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all

bolidemichael

5,366 posts

167 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
RicksAlfas said:
W00DY said:
Not quite sure about the green interior panels but I like that.
Love it and his attn to detail, even removing and protecting the wood.

ebay seller writes said:
"Ordered from Mercedes Swindon via designo special order devision, with factory collect option, ordered in Amg night black ( code 040) this is the only w163 ml 55 ordered from the factory in this colour ! The body work is rust free ( due to being in covered storage for a period of time) the only part that has been painted on the car is the bonnet, this was due to a nasty splat of bird dropping in the middle, the paint work was carried out by Mercedes and is flawless , there are three other marks around the car that remain but in my opinion don’t detract from the originality of the car , hence why I have not had them painted, the car is highly original and better kept that way, the bodywork has been three stage machine polished, fusso waxed and carbon collective ceramic coated, different in the point that it is not metallic and special order paint ( via designo) standard fitted amg bodykit which gives it a very aggressive stance.

The interior is a special order buffalo leather, in anthracite and racer green, the headrests are stamped with the designo logo as per the order, the seats are full electric with memory on both from seats, they are also two stage heated the door panels have green panelling and handles, and the steering wheel and the gear shift have green accents on them, the whole interior is stitched in green, all the seats have been steam cleaned, leather treated and ceramic sealed , the carpets have the original green edged overmats fitted with the designo logo. The carpets are immaculate and have been fully cleaned and z Max sealed preventing stains , the wood parts of the interior are designo pearlite green, and accentuate the interior just perfectly, these have been taken out, professionally cleaned, wood waxed and ceramic sealed "

MichaelXJ

572 posts

72 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
Checking in!

alpha channel

1,241 posts

128 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
Not sure how that happened, here's the correct link for the tractor -

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/category/sear...

alec.e

1,741 posts

90 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
bolidemichael said:
RicksAlfas said:
W00DY said:
Not quite sure about the green interior panels but I like that.
Love it and his attn to detail, even removing and protecting the wood.

ebay seller writes said:
"Ordered from Mercedes Swindon via designo special order devision, with factory collect option, ordered in Amg night black ( code 040) this is the only w163 ml 55 ordered from the factory in this colour ! The body work is rust free ( due to being in covered storage for a period of time) the only part that has been painted on the car is the bonnet, this was due to a nasty splat of bird dropping in the middle, the paint work was carried out by Mercedes and is flawless , there are three other marks around the car that remain but in my opinion don’t detract from the originality of the car , hence why I have not had them painted, the car is highly original and better kept that way, the bodywork has been three stage machine polished, fusso waxed and carbon collective ceramic coated, different in the point that it is not metallic and special order paint ( via designo) standard fitted amg bodykit which gives it a very aggressive stance.

The interior is a special order buffalo leather, in anthracite and racer green, the headrests are stamped with the designo logo as per the order, the seats are full electric with memory on both from seats, they are also two stage heated the door panels have green panelling and handles, and the steering wheel and the gear shift have green accents on them, the whole interior is stitched in green, all the seats have been steam cleaned, leather treated and ceramic sealed , the carpets have the original green edged overmats fitted with the designo logo. The carpets are immaculate and have been fully cleaned and z Max sealed preventing stains , the wood parts of the interior are designo pearlite green, and accentuate the interior just perfectly, these have been taken out, professionally cleaned, wood waxed and ceramic sealed "
They are apalling cars generally all round, I had use of a ML270 for a while last year. The 5 cylinder engine probably was the best bit- suprisingly frugal. The interior was full of plastic falling apart, rust scabs on every panel and the steering wheel was pretty much disconnected from the front wheels. That said, I did have a strange attachment to it...

bolidemichael

5,366 posts

167 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
alec.e said:
bolidemichael said:
RicksAlfas said:
W00DY said:
Not quite sure about the green interior panels but I like that.
Love it and his attn to detail, even removing and protecting the wood.

ebay seller writes said:
"Ordered from Mercedes Swindon via designo special order devision, with factory collect option, ordered in Amg night black ( code 040) this is the only w163 ml 55 ordered from the factory in this colour ! The body work is rust free ( due to being in covered storage for a period of time) the only part that has been painted on the car is the bonnet, this was due to a nasty splat of bird dropping in the middle, the paint work was carried out by Mercedes and is flawless , there are three other marks around the car that remain but in my opinion don’t detract from the originality of the car , hence why I have not had them painted, the car is highly original and better kept that way, the bodywork has been three stage machine polished, fusso waxed and carbon collective ceramic coated, different in the point that it is not metallic and special order paint ( via designo) standard fitted amg bodykit which gives it a very aggressive stance.

The interior is a special order buffalo leather, in anthracite and racer green, the headrests are stamped with the designo logo as per the order, the seats are full electric with memory on both from seats, they are also two stage heated the door panels have green panelling and handles, and the steering wheel and the gear shift have green accents on them, the whole interior is stitched in green, all the seats have been steam cleaned, leather treated and ceramic sealed , the carpets have the original green edged overmats fitted with the designo logo. The carpets are immaculate and have been fully cleaned and z Max sealed preventing stains , the wood parts of the interior are designo pearlite green, and accentuate the interior just perfectly, these have been taken out, professionally cleaned, wood waxed and ceramic sealed "
They are apalling cars generally all round, I had use of a ML270 for a while last year. The 5 cylinder engine probably was the best bit- suprisingly frugal. The interior was full of plastic falling apart, rust scabs on every panel and the steering wheel was pretty much disconnected from the front wheels. That said, I did have a strange attachment to it...
Can you commit to whether it is considered a supercar, or not? laugh

SpeckledJim

25,348 posts

219 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
alec.e said:
bolidemichael said:
RicksAlfas said:
W00DY said:
Not quite sure about the green interior panels but I like that.
Love it and his attn to detail, even removing and protecting the wood.

ebay seller writes said:
"Ordered from Mercedes Swindon via designo special order devision, with factory collect option, ordered in Amg night black ( code 040) this is the only w163 ml 55 ordered from the factory in this colour ! The body work is rust free ( due to being in covered storage for a period of time) the only part that has been painted on the car is the bonnet, this was due to a nasty splat of bird dropping in the middle, the paint work was carried out by Mercedes and is flawless , there are three other marks around the car that remain but in my opinion don’t detract from the originality of the car , hence why I have not had them painted, the car is highly original and better kept that way, the bodywork has been three stage machine polished, fusso waxed and carbon collective ceramic coated, different in the point that it is not metallic and special order paint ( via designo) standard fitted amg bodykit which gives it a very aggressive stance.

The interior is a special order buffalo leather, in anthracite and racer green, the headrests are stamped with the designo logo as per the order, the seats are full electric with memory on both from seats, they are also two stage heated the door panels have green panelling and handles, and the steering wheel and the gear shift have green accents on them, the whole interior is stitched in green, all the seats have been steam cleaned, leather treated and ceramic sealed , the carpets have the original green edged overmats fitted with the designo logo. The carpets are immaculate and have been fully cleaned and z Max sealed preventing stains , the wood parts of the interior are designo pearlite green, and accentuate the interior just perfectly, these have been taken out, professionally cleaned, wood waxed and ceramic sealed "
They are apalling cars generally all round, I had use of a ML270 for a while last year. The 5 cylinder engine probably was the best bit- suprisingly frugal. The interior was full of plastic falling apart, rust scabs on every panel and the steering wheel was pretty much disconnected from the front wheels. That said, I did have a strange attachment to it...
Agreed. Junk. And the random seat panels in a different colour (for god knows how much extra money) is really really lazy.


Tom_Spotley_When

471 posts

123 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
W00DY said:
On a scale of Prius to E65, how likely is it that one of these would throw up repair bills that exceed the fuel cost?
I'd struggle to find a better place to park £3.5k and have it v8 powered.

W201_190e

12,032 posts

179 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
Still have a £3k hole burning in my pocket.


Fancy something RWD and auto. I've tried to find a post 2004 (to avoid rust and Valeo radiator misery) CLK 320 in Avantgarde spec but struggling for the money. Not especially barge like. Otherwise I don't know.

MercedesClassic

663 posts

63 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
How's about an R129 SL500 for half thread max?



https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-SL500-1994-M-P...

Ps needs a little TLC

Sterillium

21,556 posts

191 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all

  • checking in*

RicksAlfas

11,131 posts

210 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
Tom_Spotley_When said:
On a scale of Prius to E65, how likely is it that one of these would throw up repair bills that exceed the fuel cost?
I'd struggle to find a better place to park £3.5k and have it v8 powered.
They’re pretty tough. The 5.7 can lose a valve seat which is “not ideal” and it’s pot luck. There is a reader’s ride thread on one.

The previous generation (WJ) went up to a 4.7 and that is meant to be better built. US stuff tend to do huge mileages back home so are pretty rugged.

Geekman

2,579 posts

112 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
Tom_Spotley_When said:
W00DY said:
On a scale of Prius to E65, how likely is it that one of these would throw up repair bills that exceed the fuel cost?
I'd struggle to find a better place to park £3.5k and have it v8 powered.
My dad had one, it was completely reliable and consumables were very cheap.

r129sl

8,923 posts

169 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
G got us to our overnight stop in Oundle. Boy was the A1 tediously busy. We ought to be able to do this journey in 3 hours but it took 4.5. Too late for dinner sadly. G behaved itself though slipped into limp home a mile out of town. Hopefully it’ll be ok when restarted tomorrow. I love driving. Speed limits really are the pits though.


bolidemichael

5,366 posts

167 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
r129sl said:
Speed limits really are the pits though.
:nod: particularly when other people stick to them in lane three

I'm certain that the overnight is well researched... why Oundle for an overnight stop?

r129sl

8,923 posts

169 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
We need to be in Poole for 1pm tomorrow and we were both working until 4 today so we had to stop somewhere. This is a little over halfway, it’s a potential school for the young r129sls (who screamed from the back seat every 30 seconds, “why won’t he get out of our way!”) so it’s an opportunity to get them used to the town and the idea.

You can kill me later.

sprouting

434 posts

150 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
Checking in.

alec.e

1,741 posts

90 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
bolidemichael said:
Can you commit to whether it is considered a supercar, or not? laugh
Might need four pages of discussion laugh

phil_cardiff

5,327 posts

174 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
.

Macron

6,329 posts

132 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
phil_cardiff said:
.
Good to see you too!