The BAD PARKING thread

The BAD PARKING thread

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

Kentish

Original Poster:

15,168 posts

206 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
I keep seeing such poor parking that I thought we should have a thread with soem photos to amuse and discuss.

I'll kick the ball rolling with this white van who parks in the same place on the corner of a T junction nearly every night.


Vipers

29,721 posts

200 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
Worth a phone call to the Bib tell you them you nearly hit a car coming the other way as this plank was blocking your view. As usual.

smile

Kentish

Original Poster:

15,168 posts

206 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
Yes, my wife was nearly hit yesterday morning. I have just missed being hit a few times too.

That's why my hand goes on the horn for 5 seconds or so every night and morning that it's parked there which is pretty much every day.

I passed it at midnight the other night and at 6:30am today biggrin

DocJock

7,326 posts

212 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
So you disturb all his neighbours because he parks like an idiot?

Nice.

Kentish

Original Poster:

15,168 posts

206 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
DocJock said:
So you disturb all his neighbours because he parks like an idiot?

Nice.
Correct.

My logic is that they will get pissed off with him to and start having a go at him.

Vipers

29,721 posts

200 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
Kentish said:
Yes, my wife was nearly hit yesterday morning. I have just missed being hit a few times too.

That's why my hand goes on the horn for 5 seconds or so every night and morning that it's parked there which is pretty much every day.

I passed it at midnight the other night and at 6:30am today biggrin
Two wrongs don't make a right, you are putting yourself at risk if someone takes the hump, and reports you for sounding your horn in a built area between 2330 & 0700!

Easier just to report him. He is obviously a paid up member of "I will park where I choose" brigade.

smile

Kentish

Original Poster:

15,168 posts

206 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
Yes, I know I shouldn't and I have not used the horn often in unsocial hours - 3 or 4 times at the most.

But what fking planet is this retard on?
Does he think "yeah that's fine parked at an angle across that junction"

If I had some old shat heap I'd bump him a few times on my way past.

dazco

4,280 posts

161 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
Kentish said:
Yes, I know I shouldn't and I have not used the horn often in unsocial hours - 3 or 4 times at the most.

But what fking planet is this retard on?
Does he think "yeah that's fine parked at an angle across that junction"

If I had some old shat heap I'd bump him a few times on my way past.
Do you think for one minute he thinks the beeping is for him?

Bad parking at it's worst though

Kentish

Original Poster:

15,168 posts

206 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
dazco said:
Kentish said:
Yes, I know I shouldn't and I have not used the horn often in unsocial hours - 3 or 4 times at the most.

But what fking planet is this retard on?
Does he think "yeah that's fine parked at an angle across that junction"

If I had some old shat heap I'd bump him a few times on my way past.
Do you think for one minute he thinks the beeping is for him?

Bad parking at it's worst though
I'm not only beeping at him - I do so to avoid getting T-boned.

I've been very close to being hit in the side several times already - it's therefore wise to hit the horn before trying to pull out.

Further down the road is a junction with a traffic island and for 2 days there was some plank parked within a few feet of the main road junction and adjacent the traffic island which is also on a bend.

Yesterday lunchtime I was passing through a narrow road and some woman stops & parks opposite another parked car - loads of spaces in front of her but no, she holds up all the traffic whilst she "just" pops in the bakery FFS.

These people are brain dead!

Edited by Kentish on Tuesday 3rd November 08:26

neil_bolton

17,113 posts

236 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
The horn is used to sound a warning.

Highway Code Rule 92:

"Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence"

"You MUST NOT use your horn when driving in a built up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am except when another vehicle poses a danger"

Ergo Kentish using the horn to warn others of his approach around a blind and dangerous junction due that vehicle is completely legal.

thumbup

Kentish

Original Poster:

15,168 posts

206 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
Thanks Neil smile

If it also happens to brass the owner or his neighbours off enough to make him decide to park elsewhere that's a bonus wink

Right, where can I buy a ships horn hehe

North West Tom

11,207 posts

149 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
I'll post a pic of some jackass when I get to my computer.

thetapeworm

9,773 posts

211 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all

A representation of the car park at work pretty much every day:


Pkh72

1,517 posts

158 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
thetapeworm said:
A representation of the car park at work pretty much every day:

Pretty much like ours too. hehe

danrc

2,656 posts

182 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
thetapeworm said:
A representation of the car park at work pretty much every day:

How long did that take you hehe


nogginthenog

620 posts

173 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
When it comes to bad parking, they do it properly in Palermo :


Mini1275

11,098 posts

154 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all


danrc

2,656 posts

182 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
nogginthenog said:
When it comes to bad parking, they do it properly in Palermo :

That looked like the student car park at Aberdeen Uni.

Negative Creep

23,540 posts

199 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
danrc said:
thetapeworm said:
A representation of the car park at work pretty much every day:

How long did that take you hehe
One of the great things about having a st car is that you can park as close as you want to someone who can't stay in their own bay and then laugh as they struggle to get back in

Munter

30,928 posts

213 months

Tuesday 3rd November 2009
quotequote all
Negative Creep said:
One of the great things about having a st car is that you can park as close as you want to someone who can't stay in their own bay and then laugh as they struggle to get back in
Man do they bh and moan about it though!

Me parked spot on in the middle of my bay at service station (Muffin break).

Car next to me parked a few inches into my bay.

Wing mirrors 1 cm apart (Well I dont want a ding)

Driver who cant park returns to their vehicle as I'm part way through my muffin.

Him: "How the F**k am I supposed to get in there"
Me: "Park it in a space?"
Him: Lots of swearing and abuse directed at me.
Me: He looks pretty angry I'd best move the car back so he can get in. Hope the point was made though.
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED